Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   General Feedback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/)
-   -   Live Chat (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/1282-live-chat.html)

Belladonna 06-05-2006 19:26

Live Chat

How long after you have logged in to live chat does it actually show that there is someone in the room? Often wait about 5 mins if I recognise members who are logged in, but it rarely shows that 1 person in the room message. Is there any way it can be speeded up to let people know?:\

JH02JLH 06-05-2006 19:27

Hi Belladonna,

You may need to "refresh" your page to see the up-to-date number of people in chat. But that is always accurate.

However, I have noticed that sometimes, despite there being 4 or 5 of us in chat, the members' names are not listed at the bottom of the page, so you can never tell who is in there ;)
which is sometimes part of the fun...

The best thing to do is to just go in and have a look. It's like opening a little box of surprises...

And if there's no-one in, just sit and wait. I guarantee someone will come in eventually!

Talk soon, I hope.
Jane:D

Just Joan 17-11-2006 09:37

Can I ask why so many members of this forum are talking in live chat but their names do not show them being online in the forum? could that be the reason the numbers in the room have dropped to less than a handful at most times? new members may see what should be an open forum as a closed shop.

I have edited this post because some of my comments upset fellow members. Can I say sorry to the members who do not choose to be "invisible" in their membership options.

jiggy 17-11-2006 10:22

Hi Just Joan
Your name will only show on the bottom of the page if you are actually logged on to THE SITE. You have to log on to get INTO the room, but after that, you can surf anywhere else on the net, whilst still chatting in the other window, as some peeps do. They will show up as guests.

I dont think its a case of anyone hiding anything! except for my bald patch!!:eek :lol

But i must agree with Joan on one thing, where is everyone these days!! Come on peeps, get chatting. You,ll usually find me in there about 1am:eek :lol

chat soon
jiggy

bonez1977 17-11-2006 18:30

i'll 'see' you there tonight then Jigz!!!
look forward to it!! (hi just joan)
love bonez x:( :o

Portofan 17-11-2006 18:54

Re : Live chat

Hi Just Joan and suppose I better say Hi Jiggy as well!:D

Can't explain why some names dont appear, when the members are chatting in the room.

Last night I was in chat for some time, and I kept looking to see which members were logged on to the Forum, with the hope that he or she, or maybe even a dog, will drop in.

Believe me, no one in there chatting has anything to hide from other members, and the very openness can be conducive to the revelation of many facts!:eek

There is no "Elite" group "hogging" the chat room, absolutely none whatsoever. Those of us who go in from time to time are fairly frequent posters, and chatters, as time permits us to do.

Last night before midnight , there were six of us in, and I saw jiggy log on but had to leave, as I had emails to attend to before bed. Sorry to miss you jiggy!:\

As some of us have said before, to those who have never been in, nothing to be afraid of, come in , say hello, say your bit about anything, maybe even form new friendships. A good number who have come in have done just that and had meets with their friends in PP or even in the UK.

"Elite"??

NEVER!!

Belladonna 17-11-2006 19:27

Re: Re : Live chat

Totally disagree - every single one of us is "ELITE" !! Thats what the whole site is about!! Seriously though, many times people log on in order to be able to get to see "happy hour" posts but dont have the time to chat - other times people are in the chat room but surfing as well (not something Ive managed to get the knack of!) and dont pick up that someone else is in. There is no way that you can decide if your name is shown or not - sometimes you just have to put it down to gremlins!!0]

pollensa 17-11-2006 19:35

Just to confirm all that is said above, there does not appear to be any correlation with members in the Chat Room and the list at the bottom of the forum which shows who has visited the 'Forum' recently. The Chat room is quite separate.

Webmaster

sandy 18-11-2006 00:10

I wish I had more time to chat. Unfortunatley, I tend to log on at strange times of the day (usually when I'm bored at work) so I miss a lot of the chat. I'll try to stay awake past my bedtime next time, to catch everyone!

Snowy 18-11-2006 02:43

If you do that you soon be alseep. Only joking guys

JH02JLH 21-11-2006 16:42

In reply to Just Joan's post about "invisible members" - the only way you can be invisible but still be able to post messages or go into chat is if you have EZ Supporter and choose to be "anonymous". This means that you can be logged into the site and nobody knows you're there.

Sometimes I don't log in and just have a quick check of the posts if I'm in a hurry, but logging in, for me anyway, makes the site easier to use as all the latest posts appear at the top of the threads.

Jane

easylife 04-08-2007 06:44

live chat

I'm trying really hard to access the chat room just now without success - I'm logged into the site but when I click on 'join live chat' I only get the register an account box. Where am I going wrong?

JH02JLH 04-08-2007 07:08

Re: live chat

Have you downloaded Java? You need to have this on your computer before you can chat.

It's very easy to do and free.

www.java.com

I hope this helps. We'd love to see more people chatting in the PP forum.

Jane:D

Portofan 04-08-2007 17:54

Re : Live chat

After 10pm last night I was having a look at the Forum and saw a few regulars logged in and even a newbie, Rochdale Wanderer, great name btw, who had put up a foodie post.

So I opened the door,got the big comfy chair and waited a little.

Hey ho!:eek In they come, Jane, Killian, Timberman.:eek Now, some of the above have been known to express views there in the past and so it came to be. Killian has recently been to PP, and Timbers and Jane soon to go.

So we had reports on places visited, restaurants enjoyed and discussions on ones yet to be tried, maybe even for a first try.Then Peru appears, a mate of all of us, with first hand detailed knowledge of things PP!:D

And every so often one of us looks to see who is logged on and heck, Bonez was logged in and from Canada, but no, as she was on her aunty's computer she didnt come in.:rolleyes

Then Snowy appears, by this time the bar had been shut, but Snowy had been to a BBQ and was in good form anyway.:lol :lol

Jiggy was missed, where is he, gone on hols yet, we dont know! >D

At least it wasn't like the old days when some guy would go out to walk his dog and never came back.

Why am I relating this?

Well, just to publicise a feature of this site. Personally the Forum has a good summertime holiday vibrancy these days and due in no small measure to posts from newbies. It's fab to have new blood and read everyones different take on the part of Mallorca we are all so fond of.

The message?

Newbies and all, if you see someone logged on and might want a chat, open the room and someone will come in and off you go!

What about a newbie having a chat with another newbie??:D Then tell us!:lol

Porto;)

PS As Jane said in her post, immediately above, you need to have, or download Java, to engage in chat.

PPS Hope I didn't miss anyone from last night.:rolleyes

debz1 04-08-2007 20:21

I can't get in to chat at all! Everytime I click on 'join live chat' my computer freezes..as Snowy knows! Don't know why this keeps happening other than a knackered Pc but it's making me very >:

...or maybe someones locked the door :rollin

Debs