Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2013, 07:25

Default Perhaps .....

Perhaps if Suzanne were to respond to some of the comments and explain what she meant this would clear up any misunderstanding about her original comments.

This would stop us all perhaps reading too much into her post ?

But in saying that the reason why we tend to refer to the same places every time we put a review together is that they have provided excellent quality for the price bracket they are in. So Stay and La Lonja will be on our list to visit when we arrive on 9th June . And no back handers are involved just the after dinner drink on the house which everyone gets.

I wonder is it because Suzanne never reads about the place she goes to ?
Easily sorted then, suggest Suzanne writes a trip report on her favourite restaurant's. As she has been visiting PP for over 30 years then she will no doubt have her top five.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
debz1, LK1960, Belladonna and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 31-05-2013, 08:40

Well put lizzy. I have to say I was feeling a bit sorry for Suzanne and hoping she doesn't feel worried now about expressing her thoughts. I'm sure we would all appreciate her views on those little out of the way, and therefore not commented on very much, restaurants and bars. Its not always the "on the house" extras that make you return to a place, but the "going the extra mile" to make your visit enjoyable.
PP76, LK1960, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 31-05-2013, 09:42
Super Moderator

Yes i agree Scotslizzy and as i have already said in reply to Suzanne.....any member is free to post good or bad reviews/comments about any bar/restaurant (if they advertise on here or not), as long as they are not abusive and hopefully it's a true account of their experience. It is a fact that some businesses have actually begun advertising because of comments made on the forum and they feel it benefits their trade.

I believe it is the "benefits" comment that most posters have picked up on, Suzanne please do explain what you mean so we can all understand .
Old 31-05-2013, 13:41

One of the great "benefits" I find when visiting, and am in constant admiration of, is the local restauranteurs uncanny ability to remember you from previous visits and, in some cases, even remember your name. Quite how they do it, I really don't know, but it's a very welcoming aspect of dining in PP, and one guaranteed to have folk flocking back time and time again. It's that same incredible talent teachers seem to have, of being able to name every single child a the school, even if they don't actually teach them!

I guess that Suzanne may have overlooked the recent thread titled "Restaurants rarely mentioned" which I recall was quite well supported.

The only downside of restaurants in holiday destinations seems to me to be the never changing menu. The "Specials" menu at El Posito seemed to me to have been the same since time immemorial.....which is why I stopped going (plus, possibly, their chef having a greater appreciation of salt than I).

I too hope Suzanne doesn't take the flurry of activity here too much to heart, though I have to say that the post had much in it to confuse!

Time to move on, I think!!
lollipop likes this.

Last edited by Disorderly; 31-05-2013 at 13:44.
Old 31-05-2013, 13:52
Super Moderator

Very true Disorderly, it always amazes me how they remember people too.

I don't want to go off topic here but this year El Posito have a number of different dishes on their specials menu now, one being Rabbit and Prawns which is very good, maybe you should re-visit .

P.S. I know what you mean about the salt, i did speak to him about it and must say it is no longer an issue.
Doogz1874 and lollipop like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 31-05-2013 at 13:57. Reason: PS added.
Old 31-05-2013, 21:08

Thanks Sparky.....so that's two resolutions for me:-

1) Give El Posito another chance
2) Go to a Tuesday meet up in the square

Coming back to PP for nine days on 10th June - see you there!

D
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 01-06-2013, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Good morning.My family have been coming to pp for the last 30 years,so we have seen many changes good and not so good,BUT what i find a little unfair is that there seems to be the IN PLACES and these are always mentioned ok it's a personal opinion but i really think you need to be more fair on comments and were you send people not going to mention names but very obvious were people are getting their benefits..........
Suzanne, I don't think people are actually getting "benefits" but human nature as it is, people like to be remembered when they return to restaurants and will maybe have a chat with the owner when there.However, I do agree with you, and you can have all the threads you want about other restaurants, it will always come back to the "In PLACES", which as a frequent visitor I never go to.
Old 01-06-2013, 19:51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Suzanne, I don't think people are actually getting "benefits" but human nature as it is, people like to be remembered when they return to restaurants and will maybe have a chat with the owner when there.However, I do agree with you, and you can have all the threads you want about other restaurants, it will always come back to the "In PLACES", which as a frequent visitor I never go to.
GPM, it would be great if as a frequent visitor, you could take the time to tell us about your "IN PLACES" then maybe we could all try them and they would become our in places too .
Old 01-06-2013, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
GPM, it would be great if as a frequent visitor, you could take the time to tell us about your "IN PLACES" then maybe we could all try them and they would become our in places too .
I think between the last few comments we may have hit on the underlying issue - as yet another frequent visitor in general we are almost always going to return to our tried and tested favourites unless we have a compelling reason to try somewhere new - the last time this happened was about a year ago when we saw a great review on the site for La Roda which has now been added to our list of regular haunts
Sparky and kate1 like this.
Old 01-06-2013, 23:43

Just a thought, but for our family the cost of eating out will be enormous next week.....5 adults etc etc. We probably tend to go down the "tried & tested" route for fear of going somewhere different but finding that we have wasted our money(in our opinion). We are still enduring high fuel bills, increased petrol costs and food bills here in the UK & whilst still managing to visit the Port as often as we can every meal is a big consideration.
LK1960, Lorenzo, kate1 and 2 others like this.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01

What I have noticed Susanne has lit the fuse and retired !!
debz1 likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07

Another thought I should have mentioned last night - other than the reviews here the best way we have found to add to our list of regular restaurants is by trying them out on the tapas route. .... although now we have too many restaurants / too few nights!
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:31

Default Suzanne Please Come Back !!

I was really hoping that by now Suzanne would have shared some of her favourite places and given us all some more insight into her original comments.

I do not think that we are all that bad on this site (compared to another site that I use). So come on Suzanne please share your experiences about PP with us.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 02-06-2013, 18:08

Just really wanted to back up what everyone else is saying: have been coming to PP since 1994 and have reviewed quite a few restaurants on this site and can confirm, categorically, that I have never received any sort of benefit - I am 100% sure that no restaurant owners who know me are even aware that I submit reviews as I have never mentioned it (and nor would I). Yes, some owners who I now know reasonably well have on occasion given us a free glass of wine, or even a free bottle, but this is no more than they do to all their regulars and it certainly would not influence me either way. I have said before (as others have said in this thread) that the ability of PP restaurant owners to remember clientele year after year, sometimes on the basis of only one annual visit, is amazing - it puts some UK restaurants to shame. I think most (hopefully all!) of us who submit reviews would be horrified if an owner asked us to submit positive comments in return for any sort of benefit - it would certainly make me much more inclined to give them a stinker! Suzanne, we review restaurants because we want to share our experiences with others who love the area as much as we do - believe me, this is an act of pure altruism and there are definitely no fringe benefits!!!
its cd, LK1960, Doogz1874 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by kate1; 02-06-2013 at 18:11.
Old 10-06-2013, 18:08

Default Hook Line & Sinker

I think it's time to empty out the keep net now Suzanne and count up how many you "reeled in"
MairiCladach likes this.