Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-2013, 11:38

No more queue's at the check in desk. All that happened at palma was they were queuing from the bottom of the escalators all the way up to security. 45 minutes to get through. all they have done is get rid of one blockage and replace it with another. God help them when the season kicks in.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-06-2013, 13:03

It certainly is not working any better than before it changed to online printing. Queues are longer and people get pretty fed up, (Gatwick) especially those with babies and pushchairs! A lot of mumbling about forcing people to pay the extra for speedy boarding in order to get a decent service, let alone a better one!
Old 24-06-2013, 13:35

Certainly crazy on our return last week. Ques for everything everywhere!

We had a jobs worth at the Easyjet desk. Having weighed our case before arrving at the desk we were happy with our 19.5kg for a 20kg allowance. Oh No!! Guess who's luggage weighed in at more? Yep you guessed. They wanted either 17 or 70 Euros for the extra couple of kilos - neither of us could hear or understand what jobsworth was saying! So I decided I wasn't having this so took Mum's bottle out of the case to have it grabbed from me. Ok fine I will buy once through but that wasn't enough - they wanted more so out came the jumpers to wear. We got the bag to the accepted 20kg to be told to then place it on the scales on the next check in as that one was now closing. We had a shock to see that the next set of scales weighed much heavier than our 20kg and off they went again asking for money. Husband said no and would be requesting a check on all their scales to which people behine were also by this time becoming angry with what was happening. They let us through.

On our return home we weighed the case using 2 different scales and both registered 18.5 Totally disgusting! Not sure if this Easyjet or airport related but either way just not good! I wonder how many people just pay up?
Old 24-06-2013, 19:42

we did last time, for 1 kg over, just for an easy life, as we were very late due to huge queue through terminal, as only 5 desks open on half-term Saturday return - not even time for a wee, let alone eat/drink/shop, despite getting there 2 1/4 hours before flight time

we've noticed that the scales at Gatwick always seem to weigh heavy compared to our scales - the butcher's thumb? - but never challenged there as we've always still been within limits...time for a Watchdog investigation? (are they still going?)
eleanor likes this.
Old 24-06-2013, 20:03

This really is bad and always in their interests isn't it? I would assume that the scales would be checked here in the UK but no idea in Mallorca. It is fraud though isn't it? Is it down to the airline or the actual airport. This was Easyjet desk with uniformed Easyjet staff so I would conclude it is an Easyjet problem.

Just fed up constantly being ripped off AND they kept my gin!!
Old 25-06-2013, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
This really is bad and always in their interests isn't it? I would assume that the scales would be checked here in the UK but no idea in Mallorca. It is fraud though isn't it? Is it down to the airline or the actual airport. This was Easyjet desk with uniformed Easyjet staff so I would conclude it is an Easyjet problem.

Just fed up constantly being ripped off AND they kept my gin!!
Baton down the hatches. Hell hath no fury like an Eleanor deprived of her Gin
Sparky likes this.
Old 25-06-2013, 10:08

Think that calls for a compensation claim!
Old 23-08-2013, 21:31

Crazy last week at Palma even worse than last year, arrived at 8.30 for check in eventually checked in at 9.45 by time got to the gate plane was boarding!
Old 24-08-2013, 08:37

Sunny, what day of the week did you fly back? We're flying home on a Thursday and I'm hoping that if we get there 2 hours in advance for an Easyjet flight we'll have plenty of time. Do you think I'm being over optimistic???
Old 24-08-2013, 10:50

Came home on Wednesday, when it got close to flights they shouted and moved people to speedy desk. We were there 2 hours before just no time at duty free.
Old 24-08-2013, 11:16

Maybe it's not just the desks they need to close, but their call centre as well, or at least employ some people with good customer skills and actually realise that it is us, the paying passengers who are keeping people in a job. Their customer service is deplorable
Old 24-08-2013, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
Came home on Wednesday, when it got close to flights they shouted and moved people to speedy desk. We were there 2 hours before just no time at duty free.
That's really helpful to know, Sunny. We have a 13.50 flight and are travelling with 2 young grandchildren so I think we'll have to rethink our "lunch" plans!