Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2013, 16:39

Default Easyjet flight oversold by 3 seats !

At the airport and our easyjet flight has been oversold by 3 seats due to an error.

we arrived early and had paid for fire exit seats and have our boarding cards.

3 people will have a disappointing start to their holiday as they will moved to the next available flight which is next week.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2013, 16:56

That's awful. What if they are only going for a week (or less) Surely easyjet can find them other flights as it's their mistake. Makes you wonder if any flight you book is safe
Old 22-02-2013, 17:12
Founder

Ooops! We are going Easyjet in March & have paid for reserved seats - only £3 so we thought we may as well. Hope that protects us from overbooking.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
At the airport and our easyjet flight has been oversold by 3 seats due to an error.

3 people will have a disappointing start to their holiday as they will moved to the next available flight which is next week.
Mark I hope you mean Exit Row seats and not Fire Exit seats not sure I would like to fly with an airline that felt the need to sell Fire Exit seats lol
Old 22-02-2013, 19:15

Reading the Air Travel forum on TA it appears this happens regularly; A flight to Geneva was over loaded ie too much weight (All those skis and boots) the crew asked for 4 volunteers to get off the flight, they were already boarded! The passengers had a collection to increase EJ's offer of £100 each plus overnight hotel and 4 lads volunteered! They flew the next day.
Must be worth £3 to check in and get an allocated seat.
Old 22-02-2013, 21:33

Always try and get there early and so far no problem

An American friend said it often happens on flights to the USA and the induecements not to fly are good ! She was once going home and not in a hurry and ended up with 3 nights in a very good hotel and the inducements got better each day and she ended up with 2 free 1st class tickets for her next trip !
Old 22-02-2013, 23:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
Mark I hope you mean Exit Row seats and not Fire Exit seats not sure I would like to fly with an airline that felt the need to sell Fire Exit seats lol
I always call them fire exits, it's a habit from the days when I looked after fire alarms for a living

Emergency exit would be a better.
Old 22-02-2013, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Ooops! We are going Easyjet in March & have paid for reserved seats - only £3 so we thought we may as well. Hope that protects us from overbooking.
You would probably be OK.

The person on the check in desk said we where the first to check in for our flight, then he noticed the overbooking and had a word with the other desks to ask them to watch and close the flight early as soon as full.
Apparently if the last three to arrive had paid for seats then 3 would be off loaded that had not pre paid for allocated seats

No one was off loaded from the aircraft after boarding so I guess it worked out in the end although someone will have gone home disappointed unless someone failed to arrive.

We always pay the extra and arrive very early so not too concerned.

Not enough space in overhead lockers as so many take huge bags now that a lot of luggage shuffling was taking place to get everything in and flight 20 minutes late departing.

Glad to be here now and the countryside has that lovely Mallorcan aroma and the property we have rented is amazing
pollensa, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 23-02-2013, 14:57

They are definitely having ongoing problems with the overhead cabin luggage Mark! Every flight I have been on in the past year they have been asking at check in if people would put their luggage free of charge into the hold. Its now a real problem for those who have "soft" luggage as it gets totally squashed when the "hard" luggage is pushed into the lockers!!
Old 23-02-2013, 16:46

The overhead lockers were never designed for the hand luggage maximum weight type of passenger, ok if it's only a handfull, you wonder how some of them get past the spot check, but the airlines have created the problem, they should sort it. Perhaps a sensible luggage policy, which does not exceed the cost of the air fare. It's just plain daft!
Old 23-02-2013, 19:51

They have caused this problem for themselves by charging extortionate fees for luggage in the hold (remember its not that long ago that it was free on every airline) Ryan air charge a whopping £70 for a return to Palma,this turns folks like me away from using them.
The whole family refuse to use them & are happy to pay more because of the way they treat their customers with utter contempt.
Nick and roig cat like this.
Old 08-03-2013, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
We used EJ in January from LIVERPOOL without problem.

We booked in "on-line" quite a long way in advance and printed boarding passes. As we had not paid to choose a seat, we were allocated two automatically.

So it would be "Check in at the Airport" passengers, who would not have allocated seats until the last minute, that would suffer from overbooking.

As far as hand luggage went, they asked all passengers if they would like to put their hand luggage in the hold "free", if not, they were gave a hand baggage ticket. I understood these were limited to the first 80? passengers! This still did not seam to solve the problem on-board!!

I don't think it will be long before they reduce the size/weight of hand luggage to solve the problem.
Belladonna and lollipop like this.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 08-03-2013 at 17:47.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:58

[QUOTE=El Gordo;80467]We used EJ in January from Newcastle without problem.

Hi El Gordo.Did you get a direct flight from Newcastle to Palma in January?
We had to travel via Barcelona as I thought that direct flights didn't start until April.
Old 08-03-2013, 17:46

[QUOTE=Stevo66;80473]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
We used EJ in January from Newcastle without problem.

Hi El Gordo.Did you get a direct flight from Newcastle to Palma in January?
We had to travel via Barcelona as I thought that direct flights didn't start until April.
Whoops!! Sorry!! should have said Liverpool!! Will amend it

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-03-2013, 09:58

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post

If it was Ryanair, they would have been able to stand
Mark, Lorenzo and roig cat like this.