Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 13:14

Thumbs up Good News for Easyjet Users..

Good Afternoon All,

Great news spotted in the Sunday Times two days ago.. In the travel section, there was a small article about Easyjet.. Apparently, they are going to STOP the scramble for seats by allocating seating free from Autumn this year.. The main gist of the article was they have trialled this idea on 5% of their flights this Summer with no problem of turnaround time wise on their flights..... this was their main concern...So even though they admit that they will take a bit of a hit as travellers would in the future not be likely to book their Speedy Boarding Plus, they will extend it across all flights... You will be able to book specific seats (probably the ones over the wings with slightly more legroom) at around £3, but if you are prepared to sit anywhere on the plane, then that seat would be allocated I think at the booking process..

If this is true, then I say well done to Easyjet, as it takes a little bit of stress out of boarding a flight, & puts a stop to some of those travellers who use different tactics to try & reserve seats for people coming on behind them....

BRAVO EASYJET...
pollensa, Sparky, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 14:35

Must say the scramble for a seat really put me off travelling on Easyjet with the family.
With all the current stress to park the car, pass through security etc etc, the last thing you want to be doing is fighting for somewhere to sit down. Maybe when there were £20 return trips you could put up with it, but now they are charging us till the pips squeak, I look for, and expect, a more civilised experience.
It looks like EasyJet have at last seen the light. I will certainly put them back on my check list for 2013.
LK1960 and fil6699 like this.
Old 07-08-2012, 15:46
Founder

Well just need ryanair to see sense now - although I doubt it will happen. I've got very good at racing to the gate as soon as it's announced & sitting on the floor at the front of the queue for an hour!
Sparky likes this.
Old 07-08-2012, 19:20

Have used both Ryanair and Easyjet off and on for many years now and in the last few years Easyjet I felt had really changed for the better and even customer service replied to an email the same day !! No expensive phone call needed They were in fact better than a BA flight we made last year Havent noticed anything better form Ryanair though

I am pleased about the seating Always have Speedy Boarding but still hate the race and arguements with people saving seats !
Old 07-08-2012, 19:42

I saw that snippet in the Times and said that we will definately consider EasyJet in the future so it looks like they may get a few new customers with this one
Old 07-08-2012, 22:28

This is great news and takes them a step closer to being a proper Airline the sooner so called low cost Airlines remember passengers are not cattle the better for all. Don't hold your breath waiting for Ryan air they are still working on how they can get people stood up would not surprise me if the next move is to shrink wrap passengers on pallet oops hope mr OBlimey inst read this I just gave him his next idea to make another Million
Old 08-08-2012, 17:03
Founder

Apparently Easyjet have not yet made a definite decision

Allocated seating not a definite yet – easyJet

EasyJet will make a decision on whether to roll out allocated seating across its whole network at the end of the peak summer season

This comes after The Sunday Times reported the no frills carrier planned to introduce a new seating policy from this autumn.

However, an easyJet spokesperson told TTG this morning: “We are still running the trial over 5% of our flights; we still have the summer peak to go and a decision will be taken at the end of the summer.”

See Allocated seating not a definite yet
Old 08-08-2012, 21:46

We are lucky enough to afford speedy boarding but every time we fly but the biggest issue is check-in queues which can be huge at Palma.

Do you really think that it will speed this up by having allocated seats on check-in, which is one of the reasons easyjet are doing this? So how many 'specific' seats do you really think they will release? Bet you it's not ghe whole plane.

When we used to fly with the kids on Thompson it was allocated on booking yet that still didn't make the flights take off any earlier and stop people complaining that they didn't want to set here ot there, even given the choice!

I think all that will happen is that easyjet will incorporate the costs, people will still search for their seats and it will still be the same scruim as now...
Old 09-08-2012, 08:02

Think it might be something to do with the fact they have wasted resouces on Speedy checkin as most places we have been with this there are very few people useing it and there are long queues at normal check in We have also been taken out with perhaps 20 people to a bus to the plane for the speedy boarding We forgot we had it in Venice once and the queue was almost in the Canal then we remembered !! I have met several people who didnt realise speedy boarding included speedy check in It is also difficult to seperate the queues at boarding because of limited space in a lot of airports

Prices will certainly be adjusted !! they wont want less profit but as ive said before they are easy to contact unlike Ryanair where the cheapest way to contact them is probably to fly to their offices in Dublin unless they have reduced the prices of their phonelines !
Old 09-08-2012, 08:16

Having flown four times this year already, twice with easyjet, once with Thomas Cook and once with BMI (not BMI Baby) my opinion is that the quicker EJ can bring in allocated seating the better. Boarding the none EJ flights was not stressfull at all; I find it stressful even with SB as there always seems a jostle for the front of that queue as well! The other carriers boarding systems ran smoothly and we did take off earlier than planned. The scrum for seats on EJ planes brings out the worse in people, would make a good thesis for someone to study for a psychology paper!
The main delay for EJ appears to be the amount of hand luggage taken onto the planes, finding room for it in overhead lockers or asking passengers if they mind having it stored in the hold.
I'm sure the prices will go up if they are not collecting revenue from SB, it's £100 for a family of four, surely that cant be absorbed? Next Easters flights have usually been released by now, last year it was in July, I expect they are awaiting the decision and adjusting their costs. The boarding system is the only thing that lets EJ down, well, in my humble opinion that is. X
Old 05-09-2012, 08:31

Confirmed now, this from the Easyjet blog. Not sure I like the idea, if you like the front seats like we do it will cost you £4 more than SB!

As part of our aim to making travel easy and affordable, we are rolling out allocated seating across our network from November 2012.
• £12 for extra leg room (front row and exit rows)
• £8 for up front seats (row 2-5 on A319 or 2-6 on A320)
• £3 for any other seat

On island time!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44

Great news saves the worry of getting seats with the kids now they are that bit older, and hopefully no more mad scramble to get off the bus on to the plane
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53

Yes, its great for that, just checked SB is £23, so in fact only £1 more, just looked for our flights in January but not showing it yet so I assume you will need to book after November to see the option.

On island time!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Confirmed now, this from the Easyjet blog. Not sure I like the idea, if you like the front seats like we do it will cost you £4 more than SB!

As part of our aim to making travel easy and affordable, we are rolling out allocated seating across our network from November 2012.
• £12 for extra leg room (front row and exit rows)
• £8 for up front seats (row 2-5 on A319 or 2-6 on A320)
• £3 for any other seat
I am right in assuming that if you are not bothered where you sit then there will be no charge?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:47

Thats correct Stev,what I don't understand is they are making out that they are doing us a favour, we do all the booking on line it costs them nothing,a few years ago this was all automatic anyway, there is no cost involved .
This is an absolute rip off.