Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree21Likes
  • 3 Post By PP_Kev
  • 2 Post By El Gordo
  • 2 Post By Tonsyl
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By CathB
  • 1 Post By Smiddy
  • 1 Post By Michael
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 2 Post By cumberland8
  • 3 Post By roig cat
  • 4 Post By CathB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 00:52

Default Flight prices

This may be a bit of usefull info for people to look into, but on our last trip to the island and the one we have just booked for later in the year, we have found it can work out cheaper to book one way flights rather than a return journey.

For example, we have just booked our outgoing flight to Palma Mallorca with an airline one way only, but when doing the same search with the airline with a return journey added, the price for the same outgoing flight was at a more expensive rate (about 20 more per person).

My Point is, that sometimes it works out better to book each flight seperate, and you can also look around different airlines for your outgong an incoming flights to find the best deal for you rather that tying yourself to one airline.

I hope this all makes sense, but if it doesn't, then blame to Somerset Scrumpy I have just polished off!!!
Sparky, Rosie34 and URI like this.

Last edited by PP_Kev; 02-06-2012 at 00:54.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 00:20

Hola Kev

I have noticed when looking on Skyscanner for flights, where they list the whole months out and return flights, that the return prices change as you select the outward flight.

So you may be right.

Another of the problems I have noticed is that if you book separately, the price is often quoted in Euros for the return and when you choose the price goes up (or maybe you just get a very poor exchange rate)

Other forumites have also suggested that some sites know if you have visited previously and present higher prices returning customers!! and therefore suggest deleting cookies before you book as a deterrent to such practises - this is certainly recommended when you use cashback sites.

One thing is certain: for someone to get a good deal, someone else must be getting a bad one to make up!!
Sparky and PP_Kev like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37

Gordon, I can confirm from my last job in the travel industry that some sites DO know when you visit for a second time and DO "up the ante" as it were. Not so long ago, we got a quote from one such carrier and when we tried to book, about 10 minutes later, the price had risen. I phoned my son down in Brighton and he booked for us, getting the original lower price.
El Gordo and PP_Kev like this.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:51
Banned

The above has happened to me several times............it's beneath contempt...........what a way to treat loyal paying customers...............and we all know which airline it is !!!
PP_Kev likes this.
Old 03-06-2012, 14:08

I always use Easyjet as we have limited from our airports -(I find Thomas Cook etc far to expensive and Ryanair flight times are not for us).As you select your outbound an inbound separately it does give you choice of departure/return days and times..and booking them as they come out means its cheaper...I know it doesnt work for everyone but suits some.
PP_Kev likes this.

Eating Out
Old 03-06-2012, 15:57

Quite often we mix and match!
PP_Kev likes this.
Old 07-06-2012, 16:34

Mixing and matching works well - fly out with one airline and back with another - no bother - can also confirm that the price appears to go up when interest is shown online !
PP_Kev likes this.
Old 07-06-2012, 19:27

I was checking Jet2 flights for next May and when I looked at them last week the were about 40'ish but when I looked again yesterday they had gone up to 70/120 This would mean that we would pay about 80+ (before add-ons) more than we paid this year - what has been said about repeat bookings just makes me think
PP_Kev likes this.
Old 07-06-2012, 20:50

I can confirm that prices are adjusted according to viewing, they can monitor who has looked at flights more than once, that is why when you are just checking out a price on line you initially only check for one person, until you definitely book for more because even a small increase of people looking will make a price difference.
Also another recent wee trick our friend has slid on your booking screen is the extra credit card fee.
Rosie34 and PP_Kev like this.
Old 08-06-2012, 00:20

I am glad others have experienced similar to me. I will take all suggestions into account, as I still have to book our return flight (unless our lottery numbers come up) and the more we can beat these budget airlines at there own game the better!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:51

I've had a good experience with cookies(once!) easyjet were quoting a price and when I put the flights in my basket, they reduced!! It was only a small amount but covered the 9 booking fee.
pollensa, Sparky and Rosie34 like this.
Old 08-06-2012, 15:50

As well as deleting cookies another option is to try "browsing in private"..may help

Eating Out