Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-02-2012, 14:16

Default Jet2.com

I have some points with Jet2. I am looking at putting them towards a flight for a short break in pp. Just wondered if anyone has done this?? Does it equal free flights or it it not quiet as good as it seems??

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 21-02-2012, 14:50

We have used Jet2 points, worked out that we saved on the full price e.g. £64 - £100 approx. You then have to add taxes, check in online, baggage etc so not totally free but there are savings. Also, if you log in first you can use a mix of points and top up with cash if short of points. Don't forget the credit card charge.

Good luck.
Old 21-02-2012, 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
I have some points with Jet2. I am looking at putting them towards a flight for a short break in pp. Just wondered if anyone has done this?? Does it equal free flights or it it not quiet as good as it seems??

Many thanks
I have had a free flight from them. I think it works something like..... some (not necessarily all) flights have a number of 'free' seats. If you have enough points you can book using the points. If you don't have enough to cover all the seats you are booking, you can pay for the extra seats in the normal way within the same booking. ie you don't have to do 2 separate bookings. You have to have enough points to book a flight- part points and part cash is not allowed.
It's not quite as good as it seems, but if you qualify and the flight is acceptable and importantly its going to PP then it's a good deal. If not it's rather like Tesco giving you 10p off Tesco petrol for spending £60 in one hit. Then finding that the nearest Tesco petrol sataion is 25 miles away
That said, the points don't cost you anything and sometimes they do offers where you can use points to purchase 'baggage' 'seats' or advance payment for food. Which is good
Old 21-02-2012, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalou View Post

Many thanks
In my experience its not quite as good as it seems The last time I booked I did a comparison - I went through booking so far to get to the final amount, and the difference was negligible - the normal fares include taxes etc but the 'points' flights don't - so by the time these are added on - well there was hardly any difference at all. So give it a go and see what you think There's an old thread somewhere from when I really had a 'free flight' problem with them and ended up involving Trading Standards who met with them, and said they were not happy with them due to J2 giving conflicting 'reasons' why I could not claim the free flight - it's a couple of years ago now. Good luck
Old 21-02-2012, 17:44
Banned

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is !!!!
Old 21-02-2012, 22:32

It works like any other loyalty scheme with All Airlines when you have enough points you can exchange them for a free flight when they are available. The Payment in addition to this is Tax. As indeed a huge chunk of all flight costs are now. Blame the Government for that not the airlines. And any money saved is a bonus in my book. If your booking a flight anyways why not use points even if you only save a small amount its Free money.