Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Ryanair (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/8325-ryanair.html)

Nick 17-01-2012 14:27

Ryanair

Has this happened to anyone else?

While checking for availability for flights to PP in June, in between checking and booking for 4 people the flight prices went up in price.........overall I ended up paying an extra £115 between checking and then paying for the flights.

I've noticed this before and wonder if they have a computer system that monitors "hits" and adjusts the price.

Has anyone else had experience of this ?

star81 17-01-2012 15:09

Hi,

This has not happened to me but think what has probably happened is somebody else has booked in between you checking and booking as they sell certain number of seats at a price then it goes up as more are sold.

We discovered this last year that when booking 8 seats it worked out cheaper to book in split group ie. booking for 7 then a booking for 1 as there were only 7 seats a cheaper price left.

Hope this makes some sense to you?!

Nick 17-01-2012 17:58

Thanks for that I know what you mean.

Only thing is though, it did not indicate at the start, as some do, that there were only so many seats at a certain price?

I may be paranoid(!) but I have this suspicion that their computer system monitors these hits and although it would not be able to work out from which computer it would be obvious to it of someone's interest and could therefore very cunningly raise prices.

Surely I'm wrong.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers.

lollipop 17-01-2012 18:06

You could try clearing the cookies before you go on to book,especially if you have done several searches. Not sure if it makes a difference but what someone suggested to us once.

roig cat 17-01-2012 19:09

I'm certain the same thing happened to me with easyjet. I was looking into changing some flights but before I confirmed the change I looked to see if buying new flights was cheaper than changing existing flights and it was. I then abandoned my changes, went back to book the new flights and the price had risen by £50 approx. On checking later the same day the price had readjusted itself back to the original. (Is that gobbledigook?)

cumberland8 18-01-2012 12:16

None of the above is gobldygookness I can assure you, my cousin works for ----air in a certain department,prices & screens are adjusted according to demand .

You may remember an uproar a while back with people inadvertently buying insurance cover by not unticking certain boxes (this is changed every so often along with other screen adjustments), the point is this makes the company millions of extra pounds so its worth a few complaints.

Nick 18-01-2012 12:21

The above comment makes sense then. Obviously we would have no idea at who else was looking at flights so we'll never know.

And yes, they're all happy to take a few complaints if it makes them millions.

I'm finding it very hard to get good customer satisfaction from big companies these days.
It's a "David and Goliath" situation !!!

roig cat 18-01-2012 13:58

The gobbledigook comment was refering to my explanation!!

anne10aber 23-01-2012 11:54

I have found that if you use Ryanair ES the number of seats at the lower price are shown. We are booked for summer and our daughter decided to come. It was cheaper to book her on 2 single tickets as well. Saved £50!

Lorenzo 23-01-2012 13:26

Airline tickets

Ah, that's a handy tip Anne - thanks very much :)

Nick 23-01-2012 13:54

Indeed, thanks for that. Will have a look.