Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Aborted Ryanair flight. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/8146-aborted-ryanair-flight.html)

Belladonna 29-10-2011 10:20

Aborted Ryanair flight.

Did you read about a Ryanair flight being brought back after its window tape was found flapping!!!!!

Mark 29-10-2011 10:27

helps keep the costs down and is good for a bit of free publicity/marketing.

Airplane Caught In Duct-Taped Window Shocker

Budget flight aborted as tape on window comes loose - Hot Topics - timesunion.com - Albany NY

Belladonna 29-10-2011 10:35

LOL! As they say Mark, no publicity is bad publicity! Although to be honest, I wouldnt fly Ryanair if I had any other choice at all! I have never flown with them, and the bad publicity has put me off totally.

Mark 30-10-2011 18:38

Same here, never used them and probably never will, EasyJet fanboy here :) Although I am looking at Monarch as I like the idea of allocated seating as the 'scrum' to board with EasyJet stresses my wife which puts her off travelling...I dont mind it as I know there will be a seat somewhere :)

Smiddy 30-10-2011 20:23

Ryanair flights

That was a bit alarming, put me in mind of our pioneering days:eek: some dodgy planes in those days!

Mark, How can you critise Ryanair when you've never flown with them:confused: I've been with them a number of times this year and really can't complain, good modern planes, always on time, i've also travelled with Easyjet and to be honest there's very little, or none at all, between them. I've said before "the scrum" is more to do with human behaviour, likewise couples leaving spaces between them or hogging the 1st and second seats making sure nobody sits there. Selfish people. We tend to let them all on then just walk-on, always find 2 seats together at the back of the plane.

animagic21 31-10-2011 00:01

Smiddy, I agree with you...think we've been down this route before!! Ryanair fly out of Bournemouth, 15 mins from our house. Have flown with them too many times to count. So far only very good flights, the last being 2 weeks ago at £70 return for the two of us. This is a contentious subject but it's really best to take as you find!!

PP_Kev 31-10-2011 00:29

We also live about 20 Mins away from Bournemouth airport, but we have always had issues when we have flown Ryanair. Never had a good flight with them. We prefer to pay a little extra and go with Flybe from Southampton.

A classic Ryanair moment was when we paid extra for Priority boarding, only to be boarded first on a bus and then for all the other passengers to join us on the bus, so everyone boarded the plane together. What a joke, and of course the airline were not interested.

There was also the time that we were sat on the Tarmac at Palma airport waiting for a Ryanair branded bus for about half an hour, even though the local airport buses were on the go all the time. We were told that Ryanair cut costs by not paying the local ground crews and doing things themselves, but after arriving in Palma, that is the last thing you want!

This latest story, and with the history us and my in-laws have had with Ryanair is enough to not fly with them again!

animagic21 31-10-2011 00:50

Sorry to hear about your problems, I guess you've been unlucky whilst we've never had a problem. We used to fly with Palmair but can travel to Palma far more often now. I understand why you don't want to risk it. However, our worst flights from Bournemouth have been with Thomson, including long delays and technical problems with the plane. We're visiting PP in Jan but unfortunately have to fly from Gatwick, but hoping Ryanair will continue winter flights again one day.

copper 31-10-2011 10:00

We are 20 mins from Bournemouth airport ( could form a club here ! ) and have used Ryanair numerous times and havent had problems I think they are better now than they were Planes are new ,clean, Service is 10 times better than when we first went with them and also the timekeeping is better now Would definately pay for the seat choice if they bring it in on the Bournemouth flights Flybe is fine but so much more expensive and the worst flight we had last year was British Airways from Heathrow Scruffy old plane , miserable service and the food !!!!!! had very good flights with Easyjet as well last year so happy with the "cheap " airlines

I think people should remember what they are paying sometimes !