Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2011, 16:26

Thumbs up In praise of Easyjet

Just thought I would redress the balance and say how we continue to be very pleased with the service we receive from Easyjet. As I have said before we always pay for Speedy boarding which is now £23 return per person, its worth the extra to beat the crush, we also check-in online, print out boarding passes and take hand luggage so we only need to get to the gate an hour or so before take off. Last trip without much effort we were again the first on and got to sit in the front seats with so much more leg room, I have long legs, and the same on our return, we took off on time and arrived early both there and back, the staff are friendly and for the cost I dont think their service can be beat. Just looking at flights for January next year, £175 all in for two return, including everything, bargain.

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2011, 16:35

we too have never had any problem with Easyjet.even checking in with luggage has never been a problem for us.as we are always on the first flight out we make sure we are there when check in opens then we can relax the other side.I have booked speedy boarding in the past for some trips but now feel the cost is too much especially as it can still be a free for all in Bristol airport..my husband is also very tall so we aim to get the exit seats if possible...he will just have to run a little faster next week

Eating Out
Old 19-09-2011, 22:09

It's up to the individual wether they wish to pay, but £23 to reserve a seat you've already paid for seems like day-light robbery to me. I couldn't care less were i sit, as long as someone drops me in Palma.

Last edited by Smiddy; 19-09-2011 at 22:12.
Old 20-09-2011, 09:17

We are Easyjet fans too. As we travel out almost every month we pay for the annual Easyjet plus card which is about £170 for the two of us which is a lot more economical. Speeding boarding is not essential, but it is nice to have. By having no seat allocations, they can board a plane much faster which eventually translates to lower costs.

We have just booked for next July at £175 return for two of us and £275 (again two of us return) for next August which is very good value.

Easyjet is almost always on time and you get what you pay for. We have often compared prices when someone says that "x" is much cheaper, but when you finally get to the pay screen Easyjet are always there or there abouts.

We have travelled with them virtually every month for the last 7 years and only had two significant delays, one of which was Easyjets fault and the other was a medical emergency not of their making,

Planes are some of the newest of any airline. Don't try the bacon sandwich though it is very doughy!
Old 20-09-2011, 10:11

We love Easyjet too - have never had any problems or any delays, and I can't say the same of the odd occasions when we have travelled with Monarch or BA. My other half travels a lot on business and always gets Easyjet flights wherever possible because he has found them to be the most reliable (and far better value).We do always get Speedy Boarding however as my husband is not the most patient man and it is a point of honour with him to be one of the first on the plane... If you are one of the elderly ladies we have elbowed aside in our rush to be at the gates before anyone else, I do apologise - it's not my fault, honest! A couple of times though when there have been only small queues at the check-ins I have noticed that the Speedy check-in hasn't been any quicker. I have a theory that the super-fast check-in staff are put on the busiest check-in desks - leaving the slower ones to the theoretically less pressured Speedy check-in.

That's an amazing bargain for August 2012, Alcanadakid!! I'd love to be able to book that far in advance.
Old 20-09-2011, 13:19

As luck would have it, my wife was tipped off by my son that the EasyJet flights from Liverpool to Palma were just out, and managed to nab the first seats for four of us for August at £170 (inc bags and Speedy Boarding), so it really pays to get in there first. They are massively more expensive now, so we were so lucky he spotted them.

We've booked a villa and car hire through Villa Parade, who have been giving some great early booking deals and, as a result, we've got the same holiday as this year but at about £800 less.

Result!

I know Speedy Boarding polarises opinion a bit, but it does reduce the "scrum" to something tolerable, and there are extra legroom seats other than at the front of the aircraft, if you know where to look.
Old 20-09-2011, 15:33

good heavens...was that £170 each or for all 4 of you !! .....i thought i had a good deal at £600 for 4 of us (incl baggage) for July and I booked shortly after receiving the email

Eating Out
Old 20-09-2011, 16:45

No, that's each! Having said that it's flying out on Saturday 28th July, so I'm pretty pleased to have got in there good and early. Very lucky.
Old 20-09-2011, 17:49

We were always pleased with Easyjet until our flight was cancelled by them at the airport on day of travel, the treatment then was awful. At the time I vowed never ever to fly with them again, but because of the lack of alternatives we have continued to use them and they have been fine since, they are as others have said good in general, but if there is a problem you are on your own. It is extremely difficult to speak to them on the phone and I received quite rude e-mails back in response to request for transfer money that I had been promised when we accepted a flight from an alternative airport I tried to speak to someone at the airport on customer service desk the answer was they are only handling agents so they cannot help.
Old 20-09-2011, 22:41

Romanb, Seems to be the problem with any "low cost" airline! Everything is fine 'til something goes wrong, which thankfully ain't that often.
Old 21-09-2011, 16:27

Not happy with Easyjet as they are not putting on any flights from Newcastle to Palma after 31st October until 1st April next year.A couple of years ago there were at least three flight a week during these months.
Also they now do not fly to any London airport at all so we are unable to come here via Gatwick or Stansted.
Old 21-09-2011, 19:02

I am sure that they fly to Stansted as I was looking for flights in January, just not so many.
Old 21-09-2011, 21:33

As far as I can see Easyjet have flights from stanstead and gatwick (also Liverpool and Bristol)

Eating Out
Old 21-09-2011, 21:57

They are flying from both Stanstead and Gatwick, I am planning on booking for January soon, I think what was meant was they can't fly from Newcastle or get a flight down from there.

On island time!!
Old 22-09-2011, 17:13

Hi Stevo, sorry to have missed you this week, you certainly missed a great forum meet today - sorry to rub it in! Anyway, hubby says have you tried Teesside airport. Personally I have no idea, but he thinks they may have flights.