Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2011, 18:03

Default PP hotel open in winter

I believe that the Hostal Bellavista will be open during this winter (as it did last year).
Another reasonable winter accommodation option is the Marina Apartments, above the Marina cafe on the sea front.

Both are very good!
Sponsored Links
Old 25-10-2011, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
abbi, i am not just a "canny" scot i am positively mean when it comes to parting with hard earned cash

i remember 4 or 5 years ago driving to coventry airport in the dead of night to catch from memory a thomsons flight i think it was that was free both ways, only baggage to pay for

luk efter yer pennies an yer pouns luk efter themsels son my old gran used to say

gers,the old folks always spoke the truth didn't they Any money saved at this end is a bonus to spend in PP
Old 25-10-2011, 20:33

My best bargain was when Jet2 first started and we had 17 days in Puerto Pollensa. We flew from Leeds. A bit of a drive but 5 flights were £232 for us all return! Have never been able to match that and it was July as well. Agree with English airports checked a price and from Glasgow it was £2076 and same holiday from Manchester was £1387! Well worth a drive.
Old 25-10-2011, 23:26

anne, yes that was a cracking deal

Last edited by gers1873; 25-10-2011 at 23:30.
Old 26-10-2011, 11:10

Default Winter Flights

I'll take you back to Miriams post, every departure from a English airport is a nail in the coffin for any hope of direct flights from Scotland. Bit like Tesco opening one of their big stores and the small guy eventually goes out of business. With Glasgow flights i can leave my front door and be on the beach in 6 hours, same coming back, leave the apartment and be in my bed in 6 hours. Each to their own, but mid-Winter drives to Manchester/ Liverpool don't interest me, more so on the return journey when you never know how the weather will turn.

You can fly to the Canaries/ Malaga/ Alicante all for less than £100 return in Winter from Glasgow, people will just eventually take that option, Majorca's loss! Why should the paying customer have to make all the sacrifices.
Old 26-10-2011, 13:39

Smiddy totally agree. We have our summer return booked from Palma. £100 for 2 it is Friday 13th though! Watching for our outbound one now...can go EDI. GLA and PIK
Old 26-10-2011, 13:58

I have looked into this and you can actualy get some great deals flying through Barcelona. I know its a pain but to give you an example I looked at Leeds to Bacelona then Palma and return out on 23rd Nov back on 28th Nov using Ryan air for both legs but booked separately.and the total cost was only £40 return including taxes. Crazy price. A number or Airlines fly to Barcelona from the North of England so its worth a look.
Flights from Barcelona are almost hourly and the flight takes less than 1 hour to Palma and several airlines to choose from so you can still get your PP fix all through the winter without paying silly prices and FYI the shopping in Barcelona Airport is very good
Old 26-10-2011, 14:10

I agree Smiddy, we live 10 minutes from Prestwick and 45 minutes from Glasgow airport and would not drive 3-4 hours to another airport, we are on the last Ryanair flight back on Saturday night and unfortunatlely will not be back in PP until the flights restart at the beginning of April. Going to Tenerife in January with direct flights from Glasgow.

PP76
Old 26-10-2011, 15:04

Be careful booking Ryanair flights to Barcelona.They normally use Girona and Reus airports and call them Barcelona.
Old 26-10-2011, 16:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey36 View Post
Be careful booking Ryanair flights to Barcelona.They normally use Girona and Reus airports and call them Barcelona.
They fly to all 3
Old 26-10-2011, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
I'll take you back to Miriams post, every departure from a English airport is a nail in the coffin for any hope of direct flights from Scotland.
very good point but there are none to loose anyway!
Old 26-10-2011, 21:11

As a parent of school age children I am always mindful of half term holidays. I wonder if the villa/apartment rental agencies have cottoned on to the very late half term next Autumn? For us in Devon it's week commencing 29th October 2012, a week later than usual. Many rental agencies will loose many bookings should they decide Pollensa's season finishes on 23rd October!
Old 26-10-2011, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
we live 10 minutes from Prestwick and 45 minutes from Glasgow airport and would not drive 3-4 hours to another airport
pp, we live almost at the end of the runway at glasgow airport and could literally walk to the check in but there are NO flights, even if there were they would need to be competitively priced for us, we could go to tenerife, canaries, mexico where ever from glasgow direct and have done so in the past in winter

we choose pp though as that is our preferance, there is no choice other than a drive to the north west

i would prefer to fly local of course like anyone would, what do you suggest? should we get together to petition some airlines as a group?

i think the airlines will already have had their marketing/sales gurus look at the situation from here and if there was a genuine money making opertunity they would have put flights on years ago
Old 27-10-2011, 11:33

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by roig cat View Post
As a parent of school age children I am always mindful of half term holidays. I wonder if the villa/apartment rental agencies have cottoned on to the very late half term next Autumn? For us in Devon it's week commencing 29th October 2012, a week later than usual. Many rental agencies will loose many bookings should they decide Pollensa's season finishes on 23rd October!
They don't seem to be bothered!!!

Easyjet start flying from Newcastle on 16th April, AFTER the easter break!!! They did so last year...i cannot understand it.

It was on the news the other day that R...Air? were grounding 80 aircraft for the winter as it was cheaper mothballing them than flying over winter with the reduced demand.

This is a consequence of "Budget" airlines pricing policies...we have become used to cheap flights and we will not accept higher fares to keep routes open.

Remember also that for one to get a good deal, someone else must be getting a bad one. No one in winter is willing to have the bad deal!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 27-10-2011, 17:15

fil6699 Ryanair only fly to BCN from EDI LBA and STN ,be careful when booking from any other airport.