Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   At last jet 2 prices on the web NOW INCLUDE ALL Taxes & Charges (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/7331-last-jet-2-prices-web-now-include-all-taxes-charges.html)

fil6699 05-05-2011 18:59

At last jet 2 prices on the web NOW INCLUDE ALL Taxes & Charges

At last Jet 2 web is now showing prices that include taxes and charges All airlines should do this so at least you know what you are paying how many times have you tried to book a £0.99p flight and at the end its over £100.:)

eleanor 05-05-2011 19:12

Too true, fil! I hope very much that the others all decide to follow this lead. Especially Ryanair who are one of the worst in my opinion.

cherylbb 05-05-2011 20:18

BMI Baby are also doing this now. :)

PeRu 05-05-2011 22:59

I too am pleased to see airlines quoting prices in a more distinct fashion, Most of us want to know the bottom line as soon as we can.

PeRu

Nick 06-05-2011 19:30

Here, here....

cumberland8 06-05-2011 22:31

Maybee its just us but we refuse to fly with Ryanair because of the rip off extras, I am happy to pay extra every time & go with another airline rather than give them our hard earned

Rich 28-06-2011 11:43

At last ! :)

The OFT is taking a firmer line with the airlines regarding their pricing policies, especially with regard to card charges:-

BBC News - Hidden card charges for travel tickets to be banned

JMD40 28-06-2011 12:50

Yes I was pleased to hear that, I was shocked to pay 18€ last time I booked a flight - either Easy jet or Ryan Air. That really is over the top, and is the final straw after your `basket price´increases with every click on the mouse, suitcases, etc.etc.

Rosie34 30-06-2011 07:50

It's a start anyway, although there are still shocks along the way - like over £60 to check in 2 bag for return flights, and the charge for checking in etc. I am a loyalty points member but have never managed to redeem any points - always get the 'no free seats on this flight' message.

I am looking at flights for next May and found a couple on the main site which came to just under £300 including everything. So I thought I'd log in and check the free flights - usual message - none available. Out of interest, while logged in, I noticed there was a 99p flight showing! I got quite excited thinking I'd cracked it - 99p and no taxes etc:D But then, sure enough, taxes etc were then added on and at the end of the exercise the flights were more expensive.

So it looks like if you are a loyalty member you still get stung with taxes etc:mad: Can't win really.

Tonsyl 01-07-2011 17:15

I hear what you say Rosie about the Jet2 loyalty points scheme which has done us no favours at all. Mind you, I have just booked flights for September for £19.95 per person each way as a "normal passenger". As we only have hand baggage only that will do nicely for me and blow the loyalty scheme. !

Rich 08-09-2011 10:25

BMI Baby have just introduced a new 'product' that effectively turns back time to the good old days when your flight booking had no hidden bolt-ons, rather than the current scenario wher your 99p flight ends up costing you £223. :(

This FamilyFly features:-

- one 22kg suitcase
- all taxes and charges
- seat reservation
- no card charges
- airport check-in

Hurrah. Gets my vote. :)

clinkham 31-10-2011 22:36

Blackpool Bargain + a BOGOF

Just booked Jet2 from Blackpool, Sat to Sat at the end of August next year. Worked out to £102 return (incl creditcard fees) + 22kg baggage @ £32 return.
We usually take £150 as a 'fair price' - pay less, a bargain - pay more, not such a bargain! So £102 + a bag looks like good value.
I made the booking without baggage - intending to add it much nearer the time. When I clicked 'continue' after selecting 'no bags' a 'pop up appeared offering 'add a bag, get one free'. A BOGOF offer! Thank you!,:) that saved me £32.