Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2010, 19:44
Under Moderation

Default Monarch only pay taxes on flights

Only pay taxes & charges on Monarch flights between 26th October & 3rd February from Gatwick & Manchester, offer on untill next Thursday
Sponsored Links
Old 16-10-2010, 19:47

Just a word of warning about Monarch

When you go to do your on line check in they MAKE you pay to pre book your seats ... no way around it ..... I know most airlines try to con you into doing this but with monarch you have no choice ..... if you want to check in on line you HAVE to pay a minimum of £7.50 each way to pre book your seats ...... and you then get a £3 credit card charge ( thankfully just the one charge not £3 per seat booked )

So you have a choice check in on line and pay £15 per person OR check in at the airport

But if you have chosen to go hand luggage only , part of that decision ( well for me anyway ) is because it means I don;t have to queue up at the airport to check in

Now I know, I will add £15 onto the Monarch price and decide if it is still a good deal before I book

What really annoys me is that I discovered this only when I went ot do my on line check in, after I have booked and paid for the flights ......... I don't mind paying a fair price for anything but I hate feeling I hae been conned.

I have taken this up with them and they say they don;t need to declare it up front because it isn;t a compulsory charge .... ie you can always choose to just check in at the airport for free
Old 16-10-2010, 23:03

My feeling is if you want to travel cheap you take the consequences of inconvenience to some extent - if you want to start to make it less painful you pay the price (not directed at you cd just general thoughts) - when you decide to sit where you want or to board before others etc it will cost you
Old 16-10-2010, 23:14

You're right there GG. Hubby just commented as I read out cd's post that its the same as paying for Speedy Boarding on Easyjet. They are all at it in some way, all you can do is choose which suits you the best from where you live and when you want to go, bite the bullet, and catch the plane!
Old 17-10-2010, 10:19

One positive at the moment with Monarch is they are offering payment by Paypal, no fees until the end of November.

Did a search for January flights, and for 2 with hand luggage only and no booked seats they came up at £133.
Old 17-10-2010, 10:47
Under Moderation

return flight from Gatwick for the fires hand luggage only 46 pounds
Old 17-10-2010, 14:19

Guys my point is that I don't want to choose where I sit I never pay to book seats or for speedy boarding but monarch won't let me check in unless I pay to pre book seats and they don't tell you this is the case until after you have booked and paid for your flights
Old 17-10-2010, 15:20

Ah, I see your gripe here! Totally agree with you then cd, and I feel your anger! X
Old 17-10-2010, 16:19

"feel my Anger" ..... oh dear am I a grumpy old woman

Roll on thursday lunchtime I plan to be sitting in Stay enjoying Tapas and Vina Sol and by then I won;t give a T*ss what Monarch have charged me to check in lol
Old 17-10-2010, 18:47

Those of you out there who have a good moan about Ryanair and Easyjet should have a look at Monarch and BMI Baby. These two companies have come up with ways of adding things onto the bill that Ryanair and Easyjet havn't even thought of yet.
Old 17-10-2010, 19:57

Shhhh!!!
Old 17-10-2010, 20:26

before you all big up Monarch, can I again say that its ok saying what you are and are not going to do, how cheap you are and how often you will be flying, if you cancel flights people have booked months in advance and no longer fly on a Saturday through the winter you cannot expect people to fly with you instead of the established carriers

On island time!!
Old 18-10-2010, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Guys my point is that I don't want to choose where I sit I never pay to book seats or for speedy boarding but monarch won't let me check in unless I pay to pre book seats and they don't tell you this is the case until after you have booked and paid for your flights
Monarch will let you check in without any charges, but not online, as you say without reserving seats. You can, however, check in the conventional way, by queuing at the airport, they do not charge for this.
Old 18-10-2010, 23:44

yes but that negates the advantage of hand luggage only ...... as I said before now that I know I will factor it into the price before I decide whether to book
Old 20-10-2010, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
"feel my Anger" ..... oh dear am I a grumpy old woman

Roll on thursday lunchtime I plan to be sitting in Stay enjoying Tapas and Vina Sol and by then I won;t give a T*ss what Monarch have charged me to check in lol

cd we'll have missed you in Stay by about 12 hours! Just back from out last meal before we fly home tomorrow...and it was fantastic as always. Getting a bit chilly now in the evenings but sitting outside under their heaters it could have been August! No need for blankets

Enjoy your tapas and your week in PP