Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-2010, 22:19

Default UPDATE - advise please easyjet summer 2011

I have just seen the thread about easyjets summer 2011 flights being available and have priced it up for August 2011. It works out at 458 for 2 adults & 1 child, I'm probable being really nieve but was hoping it would be cheaper!! Can people give me their thoughts on whether this will be the cheapest I will be able to get the flights, could have done with not booking till after christmas (money - you know what its like coming up to xmas) but am worried that if I dont book this early then it will get more expensive.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 30-09-2010, 22:26

I too, didn't think that some of the flights were very cheap....I was looking at flights from Newcastle. I would like to think, that at some point, they will go down, but unfortunately it's a chance you've got to take and they may possibly increase. They have been released earlier this year than last year so who knows, maybe (fingers crossed) they will go down at some point.
Old 30-09-2010, 23:11

Easyjet flights won't go down they will only increase as the seats on that flight get booked.They work on the principle that when a flight is released and has no seats booked those seats will be cheaper. I don't think 458 for 3 passengers is that bad for the height of the season. Did that price include the price charged for your hold luggage? Depending on how long you're going for perhaps you could manage with one case and take the rest as hand luggage. There is no weight limit for hand luggage as long as your bag is within the required dimensions to fit in the metal 'thingy' when you check in.
Old 30-09-2010, 23:32

Sorry for late hour, trying to get new iPad off daughter, looked at easy jet from Belfast on a Saturday, flight during first 2weeks of August staying 2weeks is @ 630 including 2 bags, your lucky, it always costs more from here small market big demand.If we can get a flexible arrival day we could save, so long as that does not all go on a hotel for the extra night. A any tips welcome in the right forum.
Old 30-09-2010, 23:37

Sorry should have said that price is for 3 adults our daughter is 16 next year so is counted as an adult, I have never been able to figure out how they decide on the ages, it changes with each company.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Easyjet flights won't go down they will only increase as the seats on that flight get booked.They work on the principle that when a flight is released and has no seats booked those seats will be cheaper. I don't think 458 for 3 passengers is that bad for the height of the season. Did that price include the price charged for your hold luggage? Depending on how long you're going for perhaps you could manage with one case and take the rest as hand luggage. There is no weight limit for hand luggage as long as your bag is within the required dimensions to fit in the metal 'thingy' when you check in.
Thanks for your thoughts - yes that price includes 2 bags.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:44

Remeber though, only 1 hand luggage piece per person.
Old 01-10-2010, 13:50

Same debate going on here! To book or not to book....that is the question. Currently torn between EasyJet from Liverpool and Jet2 from Manchester. Ah....just seen the Jet2 cost with a 3.5% booking fee (robbing swines!) so looks like a win for the scousers!

Always think it's best to get on with booking as Debz1 says, they'll not come down!

Duncan
Old 01-10-2010, 15:07

Just booked Easy Jet from Liverpool next June 299.11 for two adults, i think we paid around 200 last year so they have gone up quite a bit.
Old 01-10-2010, 15:11

Thought when first looked prices had gone up a lot, but looking again only by 100 for the 4 of us. Don't think anything as cheap as used to be anymore. We only book in two bags and take trolley case with heavy things in on to flight. Flying on a Monday this year to saved us a bit as well.
Old 01-10-2010, 21:24

Well I think we top them all - we booked last night from Liverpool for May/June and paid 850 for 2 adults and 2 children, shocked by the price really. We priced flying via Belfast as I am from NI and the flights were only 200 from Belfast, so much cheaper but unfortunately the timings were not that practical for 2 very little children.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliand View Post
Well I think we top them all - we booked last night from Liverpool for May/June and paid 850 for 2 adults and 2 children, shocked by the price really. We priced flying via Belfast as I am from NI and the flights were only 200 from Belfast, so much cheaper but unfortunately the timings were not that practical for 2 very little children.
I've come to the conclusion that there just isn't a cheap holiday anymore!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:08

Just to put a cat amongst the pigeons, our flights for Novemebr, which we booked on the day they were released are cheaper now than they were then! Maybe it's just because it's November and the flight isnt very popular. However, I am a little suspicious of easyJets costing process this year and wouldnt be surprised if we did see the prices come down on less popular dates. They know that loads of us book as soon as the flights are announced and just maybe they are taking advantage of that? Having said that I wouldnt chance it
Old 02-10-2010, 18:54

they might give you a credit for the difference - happened to us last year
Old 05-10-2010, 21:07

Just booked our flights for next year, up 50 since Sunday, can't believe they change so quickly, that's Easy Jet I suppose.