Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2010, 21:27

Talking Ryan Air

After vowing to never fly Ryan Air I am taking my first flight with them tomorrow - hopefully I return next week and can report back!!!! How much do they charge for breathing during the flight at this time of the year?????
Sponsored Links
Old 30-09-2010, 11:30

I've flown with them 4 times in the last year, great prices, always on time, no fuss! That'll do me! IMO too many people have a pop at them, suppose it's trendy As they say, "It does what it says on the tin". A lot of the people who end up paying more than they bargained for probably have only themselves to blame.

Last edited by Smiddy; 30-09-2010 at 11:33.
Old 30-09-2010, 15:54

Have to agree Smiddy. The only 'extra' I purchase is baggage and you just say NO to everything else !
Old 30-09-2010, 16:56

Hi Star 81, Likewise, i tend to purchase only extra baggage, got hit for additional charges as i had mistakenly booked 2 cases going out and none coming back. Guess who never read the instructions properly Only myself to blame! That was the first flight, got it right after that.
Old 30-09-2010, 17:50

Smile Ryanair

Totally agree Smiddy, we had a flying (excuse the pun) visit to PP the week before last, less than £25 each from our local airport. With hand luggage you can take the extra 10 kgs as well. Luckily we're 15 mins from airport which makes it all extremely agreeable. My only complaint now is that Ryanair aren't flying during the winter & we want to visit in Jan 11, however have found good Easy Jet flights but have to go to Gatwick! C'est la vie!
Old 06-10-2010, 15:06

Default Ryanair

In praise of Ryanair customer service - these are words I never thought I would be uttering!

I made a silly typing error on my sister's boarding card on the Ryanair website, making it technically unusable for our flight out to Palma next week. I rang Ryanair Customer Services this morning and got through to a real person straightaway. Even though I had checked my sister in, they unchecked her, and re-issued the boarding cards, minus the typing error. They then emailed to say that it was all done - and the cost ZERO!
Old 06-10-2010, 18:08

Well I did survive. Have to say the outbound journey from Palma was a nightmare - the check in was a total mess with six queues all going nowhere and lots of stress caused to everyone flying to all different parts of Europe. It was such chaos that we all had to laugh. Then there was a problem as someone could not count - they counted, counted again and found that someone had not had their boarding pass ripped in half. At this point a poor lady started to have a panic attack and I was very disappointed by the crews lack of attention and assistance to her. She threatened to get off the flight but I think fellow passengers would have sat on her to prevent this as we were already 30mins late. Anyhow, we got there with a thump.
I was expecting the worst for my return to sunny Palma but I have to say it was a dream, check in, flight, landing and baggage collection so after stating never again I may just be tempted IF the price is right.
Old 06-10-2010, 19:02

Unfortunatly I know too much about Ryanair, but I will give you a massive tip double check every page before you book, every time because those little mistakes are deliberate & wording & positioning are altered reguraly for a reason.
Nuff said.
Old 07-10-2010, 00:10

expand c8 - you cannot leave that one hanging
Old 07-10-2010, 07:51

Be careful what you say, remember people are watching us

On island time!!
Old 03-02-2012, 16:53

Good News At last You can now pre book a seat on Ryan Air so if like me you don't like the Bun fight for seats you don't have to go for priority Boarding just Book the seat you want yes there is a cost involved but that's true with almost all of the airlines if you want to book a seat.
Sparky likes this.
Old 15-02-2012, 17:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Re-- Ryanair, I would'nt fly with this company if the seats were free!!!!!!.. and no, i'm not joking.
We also refuse to fly with Ryanair, we would rather pay more than use this ro----g bunch.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:40

cumberland8 Quote:

We also refuse to fly with Ryanair, we would rather pay more than use this ro----g bunch.

Agree 100%. I can remember when i used to look forward to the flight as part of the holiday. Nowdays i'ts turned in to something to be endured as a means to an end.. Made worse in part by the likes of the the head honcho of said company who's arrogance and rudeness has to be seen to be believed.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:04

Used to find there wasnt a lot of difference between Ryanair and Easyjet but that has all changed now

We have flown at least 3 times with Easyjet in the last year and the service has been excellent To fly from our local airport with Thomsonfly is now 3 times !! as expensive as going from Gatwick with Easyjet So its where we look first for flights now They also answer emails which is something I dont think Ryanair has heard of !!

We would still go Ryaniar if necessary obey their rules ( which change all the time !!) if that was the best we could do Im afraid worst service last year was British Airways and seats were falling apart !
Old 16-02-2012, 10:31

Just for some balance, we have used Ryanair in the past and would use them again if they were cheaper or were the ones available on a certain route. We all have to use companies everyday who we do not necessarily agree with the principles of them or the board, at the end of the day it is a mode of transport that gets me to my piece of heaven and for the two hours I would fly with anyone for the chance to visit there.
Sparky, JMD40 and Lorenzo like this.

On island time!!