Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2010, 12:19

Default Advise please - Summer 2011 Flights

Hi all

I have booked the Las Mimosas apartments for August 2011 from this website (can't wait 1st time in PP!!). I have been looking at flights from East Midlands & Manchester and the cheapest at the moment is approx 160 each. Was after some advise on whether it is cheapest to book early or to hang on a while, I was hoping to pay less than that and am waiting for Easyjet to release their prices. The only thing putting me off Easyjet is not being able to prebook seats, we have a 3 yr old son so want to be seated together.

Any advise greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 26-09-2010, 12:24

Easyjet normally go on sale end Oct/1st week November. We have always managed to get seats together, even with the free for all at airport! They board children under 5 after the speedy boarding before rest of passengers so you should be okay.
Old 26-09-2010, 12:26

Thanks Sunny

I have registered on Easyjet for their updates so hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks
Old 26-09-2010, 14:23

We have flown Easy jet for years and never had a problem...and as said previously families with children under 5 have priority boarding.
I am waiting "finger poised" for their release as want to book April and July..however last year they released April-June first and then it was a little while before July -Sept came out.I may vary perhaps for different airports.

Eating Out
Old 26-09-2010, 16:17

We have just booked with Jet2 for September next year, going back to Las Mimosas, from Leeds Bradford and have got really cheap flights but of course paid around £110 each with all the taxes and charges. I have found either book really early or really late (like the day before £169.99 week before, £14.99 day before) It is just a question of taking the risk but I can't as I like to be organised
Old 26-09-2010, 16:55

Thanks for your replies, will see what easyjets prices are like first.
Old 26-09-2010, 17:47

If you get in quick and book as soon as the flights are released you should get them a lot cheaper than 160 each. Easyjet flights get more expensive as the seats get booked so always book as early as possible.

Great choice of apartment too!! Close to the lovely south sandy beach and an short stroll into town. I'm sure you'll love PP as much as we all do on this forum
Old 26-09-2010, 18:12

In my experience Jet2, ryanair and Monarch from leeds, manchester or liverpool are much, much cheaper than Easyjet. Make sure you compare their prices before you book.
Old 26-09-2010, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah70 View Post
In my experience Jet2, ryanair and Monarch from leeds, manchester or liverpool are much, much cheaper than Easyjet. Make sure you compare their prices before you book.
I have checked Jet2 & Monarch and those 2 are the ones that are coming out at about £160, I have never booked flights on their own before and it is scary to see all the extras you have to add on!! Saying that though it will still be cheaper than booking a package from a brochure.
Old 26-09-2010, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
If you get in quick and book as soon as the flights are released you should get them a lot cheaper than 160 each. Easyjet flights get more expensive as the seats get booked so always book as early as possible.

Great choice of apartment too!! Close to the lovely south sandy beach and an short stroll into town. I'm sure you'll love PP as much as we all do on this forum
I will try and get the flights as soon as they come out, I've registered for updates so hopefully I will be able to get in there quick.

Thanks for the comments about the apartments, it took me ages to decide which ones to stay at and it was because somebody else had said how nice they are so it great to hear more good reviews.
Old 26-09-2010, 20:02

Great area too Longess. Pinaret is nice and quiet, very close to the beach and only a short walk to the marina and town. I'm sure you will have a great time.
Old 26-09-2010, 20:16

Hi Longess, dont worry about booking it yourself, once you have done it the first time you will wonder why you ever paid the extra and went package, and think of them as extras, its all part of the price, £160 each return is a bargain when you think about

On island time!!
Old 26-09-2010, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
Great area too Longess. Pinaret is nice and quiet, very close to the beach and only a short walk to the marina and town. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thanks Eleanor thats great to hear - only 11 months to go. It will be our 1st holiday with our son who will be 4 so can't wait.
Old 26-09-2010, 21:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Hi Longess, dont worry about booking it yourself, once you have done it the first time you will wonder why you ever paid the extra and went package, and think of them as extras, its all part of the price, £160 each return is a bargain when you think about

Thanks for that - its quite exciting trying to sort everything out but obviously want to save as much money as poss so we've got more to spend we we get there!!
Old 27-09-2010, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longess View Post
I have checked Jet2 & Monarch and those 2 are the ones that are coming out at about £160, I have never booked flights on their own before and it is scary to see all the extras you have to add on!! Saying that though it will still be cheaper than booking a package from a brochure.
when you book take your time and make sure you UNclick the boxes with extras like Insurance and meals they automaticly add these and you have to unclick them or you may be buying Insurance you dont need and meals you dont want.
Also double check all names and dates mistakes can be costly as once you have paid thats it . Its easy just rmember take your time and check everything enjoy your time in PP I know you will