Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 13:13

Default JET 2 Flights for Summer 2011

Has anybody else noticed how much Jet 2 prices have gone up for next year?

We (2 adults & 2 kids) fly from Belfast same 2 weeks start of July every year. Always book flights early and usually pay about £900 including luggage, pre-booked seats etc etc.

Have been checking costs for 2011 as we have picked out the villa etc and Jet 2 want over £1300!!

In fact it will be cheaper (£400 cheaper) for us to fly with one of the large Tour Operators instead.

Not so much of a low cost option anymore, and it's not even high season when we go (end June/start July)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 13:22

Yeah, I noticed this a few week's back. They have really put them up for next year.
Old 10-08-2010, 13:25

Hi Jupiter

I have indeed noticed exactly the same thing and it is what is holding me back from booking for next year.

I booked for July 2010 as soon as Jet2 released their flights and only paid £400 for 2adults and 2 kids from Belfast in mid-July, which included 2 checked-in cases and which I thought was a great price. These were midweek flights, but the same flights this year will cost me £800 if I book today, and they are continuing to creep up in price. As you know, our problem is that we are so limited in the number of low cost airlines which fly from Belfast to Palma. Although I prefer to fly with Jet2, I am tempted to wait for Easyjet to release their Summer 2011 flights although I imagine they might not be much cheaper. I wonder if it's just us, or have their prices increased as much from other UK airports?
Old 10-08-2010, 13:31

I too am waiting to see what Easyjet do for Summer 2011. Not sure when they release their prices though?

Hopefully Jet2 will come to their senses when they see people are just not going to pay that sort of money for flights.

We take a villa every year with a Saturday changeover day so cannot even look at midweek flights as an option. Even if we cut down on the luggage and for go the pre-booked seats still over £1100!
Old 10-08-2010, 13:44
Super Moderator

I think it was inevitable that flights charges would be much more next year, someone had to pay for the cost of the "Volcano" .
Old 10-08-2010, 13:53

Yes - I suppose we have short memories! - seems so long ago now. I do feel for those that have just one airline to use though. If there is no competition then they can charge as they wish. I often forget how lucky I am to have the choice of possibly 3 airports with the choice that they give me to fly to Palma. I do hope Jet2 don't become too greedy!
Old 10-08-2010, 18:41

Jet2 are flying out of East Midlands next summer for the first time and flights were cheaper than Leeds Bradford when I last looked. No Leeds ring road at tea time makes me happy
Old 10-08-2010, 20:40

I think it may just be a Belfast thing ....... as youo say hardly any competition

Flights from Mancheste in July are less than 100 each and even a saturday to saturday flight is only about £120

But I guess thats because there are at least 3 airlines covering the same route not including numerous charters plus anbother 2 flying out of Liverpool so they have to be competitive
Old 11-08-2010, 12:02

Noticed this when looking from Newcastle also, flights look cheap but then costly for bags and taxes. Easyjet summer went on sale 4th Nov from Newcastle last year, bit earlier from some airports.
Old 11-08-2010, 16:17

Smile Early Booker

booked for 2011 with Jet2 from Backpool for early July the wife and myself 2 bags booked seats with extra leg room £370. It has gone up but only slightly, as you said maybe its down to competition. Roll on next year, oh and high sunny enjoyed your company say hello to your family.
Old 13-08-2010, 16:11

Flights for the 4 of us for July 2011 booked with Thomson ex Belfast - flights, cases, pre-booked seats etc for under £900. Didn't want to risk waiting until Easyjet released their prices and Thomson flight is 6am so will be in C'an Josep in time for lunch.

Maybe someone could build a bridge between Belfast and the mainland to give us a bit more choice.........
Old 14-08-2010, 09:26

Yes Jupiter I priced the Thomson flights from Belfast and for us everything included luggage seats etc it was cheaper than the so called low cost flight also they are better to fly with. Must check the flights from Dublin to see if there is much difference, it's just the hastle of getting there and back.
Old 14-08-2010, 09:41

Question

What would the cost be with one change, say Liverpool and then onto Palma? Any cheaper?
Old 16-08-2010, 13:29

Whaley,

I did look at the possibility of doing it with 1 change but only saved about £100 of the cost with Jet 2 but meant losing a day each way in travelling. Even doing it with 1 change Thomson still over £200 cheaper.
Old 16-08-2010, 23:32

Jupiter ..... flights are around £100 each from manchester next july with jet2 ...... obv that is hand luggage and on line check in and no pre booked seats ..... but thats all covered in another post ...... not sure how much it would cost for you to get from belfast to manchester and back though