Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 20:45

Default Scheduled Flights from Heathrow

As we live very close to Heathrow the demise of the BMI flights from there hit us hard. I was therefore pleased to find that there is now a new alternative - Iberia are offering Scheduled flights to Palma via Madrid.

The good news is that there is a good choice of flight times each day with prices starting at £164 return including high summer, a generous luggage allowance of 10kg hand luggage and 23kg hold AND you know where you are going to sit before you get on the plane!

Of course, the downside is there is about 1.5 hrs connection time at Madrid and an additional hour in the air. Still with the time it takes us to travel to Luton or Gatwick, it should not add a great deal of time to our travelling day and we will save on petrol and parking or taxis.

Hope this info is of use.

Marilyn
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 18:02

Marilyn - could not BA out of City airport be an option for you?

GG
Old 03-02-2010, 21:15

Yes we looked at that first. However I was disappointed to discover that they do not currently fly on Saturdays which is when most changeovers are in high season (alas we don't have our own property in PP). Also it would take us about over an hour to get to London City by cab (except in middle of night) and even longer by bus and 3 trains. Whereas we are only about 15 mins from Heathrow.

I am not that keen on two take offs and landings in the same day but thought we would give it a try anyway.

Marilyn
Old 03-02-2010, 21:44

I miss the BA / GB flights from Gatwick - maybe if the Iberia merger goes through..........
Old 03-02-2010, 21:47

We have used Iberia via Barcelona from Heathrow and it was really not a problem. As it is booked as a through flight we did not have to get our luggage in Barcelona, we had an hour at Barcelona airport which to be honest was not long enough (lots of shops, bars). The first time I had booked very late and this was the only available option for an August trip. The second time we choose this route in preference to a budget flight but stayed overnight in Barcelona on the way home. If it does not take much longer overall would go for it!
Old 03-02-2010, 21:50

we went with BA via Barcelona a couple of christmases ago,we were delayed at Gatwick and knew when we got that flight we were not going to make the Palma flight,we were told on the plane we would stay overnight at Barcelona,but when we got there the palma flight had also been delayed,so we got to Palma about 3 in the morning,had to wait about an hour for our car as they thought we were no show,and to top it all our luggage stayed in Barcelona,we had to go back to Palma the next afternoon to pick it up.
I think i would rather spend an hour or so getting to gatwick.And it wasn't like it was weather conditions which is unavoidable,the crew had flown their amount of hours we needed new pilot and crew.