Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Advanced passenger information - Globespan (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/5127-advanced-passenger-information-globespan.html)

annascotland 23-08-2009 08:19

Advanced passenger information - Globespan

4 of us are due to fly to Palma with Globespan from Glasgow on Wednesday 26th but still haven't been asked for API details - do they still do this at check in? The 3 previous flights we've booked with Easyjet and Ryanair ask for all that info at time of booking - have I missed something here? Don't want any problems at check in.

its cd 23-08-2009 10:00

depends on airline and whether they can scan your passport at airport
Ryanair always ask in advance
Bmi ask only if you are doing online checkin as it saves them collecting the info at the gate not sure about globespan but many on this site use them so you should get some sensilbe replies

Bigandyg 23-08-2009 11:30

Flown many times with Globespan but excuse my ignorance what is API.

snowy2007 23-08-2009 13:49

From Globespan web site

"API stands for Advance Passenger Information. Certain countries require airlines to forward details of arriving passengers prior to their overseas arrival. In all cases where this information is required, details will be collected by our Handling Agents at check-in.

debz1 23-08-2009 14:21

EasyJet insist on the details before you fly and they will not except them when you check in. If you haven't given them before check in you will not be allowed to board the flight :eek: Thankfully they do email you to remind you to do it!

Smiddy 23-08-2009 15:27

Api

Anna, Do not worry Globespan do not require API, i've never been asked anyway. Don't know why the other airlines insist:confused::confused:

anne 23-08-2009 16:27

Globespan do not require API have flown with quite a frew times and not been asked for this.

pollensa 23-08-2009 17:01

I'm pretty sure that all airlines have to now pass on the information in advance if you are flying from the UK to Spain as the UK has not signed up to to the Schengen agreement. However they may well collect it at check-in (it's only info from your passport) without you being aware. As you no longer check in in at a desk with Ryanair & can check-in on line with Easyjet, then they have to collect it on-line.

curlytom 23-08-2009 19:25

Globespan do this automatically at check in so you do not need to worry about it.

annascotland 23-08-2009 19:35

Many thanks to all, I always worry when booking online that I've done everything right (had a real disaster once before and had to pay again for 4 flights due to my silly mistake).

its cd 02-09-2009 23:00

Too late for the globespan flight on 26th but thought I'd just post to tell you that I gave out of date information regarding BMI Baby

We flew to Portugal on 25th ........ with airport check in and luggage. I had not received an email asking me to provide information, though BMI insisted I had ( what I had received was an email asking for the information for a flight I had booked for Palma in November which was an on line check in )

Anyway, as there were 6 of us they wanted £60 to take the info from us at check in. Fortunately we were early and so I chose not to pay the £60 and instead went to the internet PC's which are available for £1 for 10mins downstairs in terminal 3 at Manchester and paid £1 to enter the information myself via the BMI website ................ many people were paing the £10 each though ........ despite those of us who knew of the DIY option telling people how simple it was ......... each to their own I suppose but I'd rather spend 10mins on an airport internet PC and save £59

Only thing I need to check now is whether BMI have my details forever or need me to enter them for the next flight ............. think I know the answer without even looking c'est la vie !

cherylbb 03-09-2009 09:38

Yes, you have to enter them every time as you expected!!

lollipop 03-09-2009 10:20

I have heard of people being asked to pay when returning from Palma ,BMI saying info not pre received even though the person new they had supplied it.