Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2009, 11:34

Exclamation Winning a Holiday!

Whilst at the airport coming home, we were approached by one of half a dozen people carrying clip-boards. They then asked a number of questions regarding age, where we lived, how many holidays we had a year etc etc. Now usually we smile politely and make some excuse to rush off to a shop or something, but when you are stuck waiting for a flight, they had us trapped!
Anyway, today I had a call reminding me that we had filled in this questionaire and said that there were a number of prizes which had been available as a "thank you".
And guess what - ours was winning a European Holiday for 7 nights, flights paid for! Congratulations! Mmm, ok, carry on.
If we would like to phone this freephone number and quote this reference, we would be given further details.
Ok, said me, can I just ask you one question. has this anything to do with time share or sales. Silence. Well, the company does deal with timeshares but Im sure if you dial the number they will be able to give you further details of your prize. Ah ha! Deja vu of Tenerife!
Im not sure if I will phone, just to find out what they are up to, because we certainly wont take them up on it.
Just be aware of them at the airport and what they are actually up to if you dont want to be phoned up by them! There again, it may be worth it just for the weeks holiday - if you are strong enough to bear their strong arm tactics!
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2009, 12:37
Founder

I remember a similar one at one of the airports - I think it was at stansted but could have been PMI - & at first I thought it was an airport survey so I started answering but as the questions got more personal I refused to carry on as it seemed to be very marketing orientated. What bothered me was the fact that this was in departures whilst we were at the gate. How do they get permission to be there?
Old 24-07-2009, 13:14

Exactly! Quite high pressure when you are at your lowest having to go home too!
Hubby has just phoned them up, and sure enough the first couple of questions were; what credit cards to you have and how much do you earn. After obviously refusing to give that information, they said that we couldnt win the holiday then! Asking if it was infact anything to do with time share, they said; Oh we dont call it that any more, its now promotional research! But after realising that they were not going to get any further, the lady did admit that it was the same under any other name!
Im sure they will soon get fed up at the airport when people just smile and shake their head when they come near. They didnt seem to be targeting families with young children, just couples - so grab a passing child when you see a clip board looming! LOL!