Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2009, 12:33

Default Smiddy gets on the wrong plane!

Left Palma last Saturday night and ended up on the WRONG plane Impossible you might say, nope! Get to the check-in, the computer was down so they had to type all the details in by hand, this took 1 and a half hours, not the problem though. We then headed to the departure lounge, Glasgow flight 18.50 gate 22, no problem, head for gate 22, great, the're boarding, show boarding pass/passport to nice lady she fires it thru the electronic checker and we head on to the plane, step onto plane and ask stewardess if this is the Glasgow plane, yes, sir! Thought it was normally a Globespan flight? no sir! this is a Thos Cook flight, stand aside. This is a serious breach of security (not directed at me) Cue a bit of panic before we were thrown off.

Head back out and eventualy find the Globespan flight with a minute to spare.

How did we mis-read the info board?, Please direct this question to Mrs Smiddy. Although in her defence there was also a Globespan flight at 18.50 to Glasgow.

How did we manage to get that far? God only knows
Sponsored Links
Old 29-06-2009, 13:21

Hi Smiddy,

Glad to hear you were still able to make it on time to get your flight.
The computer at the check in was working for us but the scales were not accurate, we were charged 259 euro as they said we were 23 kg over, we checked when we got back to Glasgow and were only 11 kg over.
I will take my balanzza hand scales with me next time.

PP76
Old 29-06-2009, 15:08

Thumbs down

Glad you made it. We were leaving for Aberdeen at 7.00pm and had problems, not only were the computers down but the weigh in wasn't working either and we had to wait for an engineer. We made the flight, just,but had no time to buy any duty free, hubby wasn't happy.
Old 29-06-2009, 18:58

The same thing happened to us at Palma in the past. We got sat on the plane when someone came up and said that we were in their seats - we said no and when the stewardess came over to see what the fuss was it turned out we were on a plane to Glasgow not Humberside as we should have been . The pilot had to announce over the speaker that it was a Glasgow flight and we couldn't believe how many people stood up! The next plane along was ours and passengers had got mixed up on the walkway - so lots of scuttling between planes and double checking before take off. Of course my kids and OH blamed me maybe it is why I now like to get to check in hours and hours before we need to be there
Old 29-06-2009, 19:10

So glad you made it in the end Smiddy. it was very nice meeting you and Mrs Smiddy on Monday evening at El Posito's sorry we couldnt' make it on Friday but we were meetin some friends at Coral's to say goodbye. We did go to El Posito's on Thursday night hoping to see you both but no luck. Tony was telling us about his little girl having to have a big operation on Fri morning we do hope that she is on the mend
Old 29-06-2009, 19:25
Super Moderator

Hi Purpleboots, Natasha's operation on her spine went well. Hubby will call in later to find out how her recovery is going.
Old 30-06-2009, 12:00

Purpleboots,

Before we get kicked off for going off thread it was very nice to meet you and your husband. I got a ticking off for maybe having offended you when you were leaving (i was actualy refering to the title of a old Ian Dury album title which also included boots) sorry if i offended you, you know it wasn't intentional, must cut down on the Rosado.