Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   easy jet flights (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/4239-easy-jet-flights.html)

scarlett 23-01-2009 15:10

easy jet flights

never booked with easy jet before looked up flights for october which are very favourable,does any one know if the timings will change before then as its early to book if i book them will they change timings when they have a better idea of their scheduling,has any one had experience of this?.
scarlett

alcanadakid 23-01-2009 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett (Post 27339)
never booked with easy jet before looked up flights for october which are very favourable,does any one know if the timings will change before then as its early to book if i book them will they change timings when they have a better idea of their scheduling,has any one had experience of this?.
scarlett

We have used Easyjet for over 5 years travelling back and forth every month and they are our airline of choice. In all that time they have only been late twice, and have never rescheduled a flight. That doesn't mean they won't but I think it unlikely. Whenever we have compared the prices they have always been within a few pounds of the lowest price once you have taken into account airport charges and all the rest.

CathB 23-01-2009 20:21

we too have used Easy jet for the last few years and have never had a problem

Sharonh 23-01-2009 22:03

Hi

We always use Easyjet now and have done for the past three years. We have found them very reliable (famous last words!). We have even been very please, when during the winter, we have had connecting flights in Liverpool or Stanstead. In all the time we have been using them we have only had two serious delays. One was for 3 hours, it was mid-morning and no big deal. The other time was an 8 hour delay but that was due to severe snow in the UK - not exactly their fault. They gave us more food vouchers than we could spend and I really could not be critical of them.

Hope this is helpful, but may not be a guide to future performance!

Regards

Sharon:)

scarlett 26-01-2009 14:07

Have you booked flights this early on then?,as they are so very cheap its quite astonishing for two return flights in october,i am so tempted.
thanks for replying.
scarlett

LK1960 26-01-2009 14:26

Hi Scarlet

I have Easyjet flights to Palma booked for October. I booked a few months ago as soon they were released for sale and the prices were excellent. I've booked this far in advance before and not had any problems - here's hoping this year will be the same.

LK

pollensa 26-01-2009 16:03

We regularly fly EasyJet & have not experienced any more delays than you do with any other airline i.e. it happens occasionally. If the price is good - go for it - they get more expensive as demand grows.

Gommar Goffer 26-01-2009 17:13

Hello Scarlett

We have used easyjet since they started flying, but sometimes now nwe use Monarch.

In all that time they have only changed the scheduled time of departure from Luton on a couple of occassions, and only by a couple of hours.

The usual delays will always happen due to unforseen circumstances

GG

Belladonna 26-01-2009 18:31

No problems from Gatwick - as long as you keep your eye on the board, as they do often change the checking in time from what you are told at the desk!
We do have the occassional glitch when booking on line though, but nothing that has caused problems other than me sorting out what hubby has done wrong!!!:rolleyes:

One annoying thing about their free seating though. I get really, really annoyed with couples that take both inside and outside seats, leaving the middle one empty! ARGHHHHH!

scarlett 26-01-2009 19:10

Thank you everyone ,do these prices get a lot more expensive as time goes on?I am always a bit worried about booking things too early in case something crops up,but the prices are too good to miss
scarlett

CathB 26-01-2009 20:10

we have found that the flights get more expensive as time goes on..we booked all our flights as they came out.april for example was £50 rtn incl baggage and is now well over £100 rtn

Mark 26-01-2009 21:34

If it's cheap and you can afford it then I usually say book it :)

Highly unlikely that any schedule changes will take place for October as that is still the summer timetable.

We booked our flights for February 2009 back in July 2008 and paid £57.24 per person in total ( including the card fee etc).

Flights for September 2009 where booked in November 2008 and cost £83.25 per person , I felt ripped off paying that much :D , missed the launch of the new timetables by a few days so missed the bargains...

Looking back at old booking emails from years ago we usually paid about £50 to £70 per person by booking as soon as flights released, has been as much as £130 per person for us if we left it too long.

Will be booking February 2010 flights in a few months as soon as the winter 2009 schedule is released :)

The only problem is knowing when the new schedules are released as they dont send out the emails for weeks sometimes...
Maybe frequent fliers dont get the early booking emails as they know you will book anyway.

Mark

pollensa 26-01-2009 21:41

I agree book the earlier the better. They very rarely get cheaper.

There are rumours that if you use the same PC, i.e. they know you are interested, the price goes up. I've also had to book 2 groups of 2 in the past as it ended up costing more pp for a group of 4!

So don't delay they may already have up - perhaps its watching the forum...;)

I try very hard not to pay over £100 per flight nowadays. This week, albeit with Ryanair, we are going for 2p + CC charges of £8 each..

CathB 26-01-2009 23:32

If you frequently browse the sites such s easyjet & bmi then it pays to clear your temp internet files and cookies before viewing..

Gommar Goffer 27-01-2009 12:30

We have also often found it cheaper to book flights individually or in small batches rather than a larger group.