Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Need Urgent Help! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/3935-need-urgent-help.html)

ppmafioso88 26-09-2008 11:40

Need Urgent Help!

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me out... I need to get to Glasgow this weekend. I know it is short notice but it is extremely important.. I have only just found out I need to get there either today or tomorrow.

I have checked all the airlines I know, skyscanner, globespan, etc. And I cant find any flights to Glasgow, Edinborough or Manchester (where I could get the bus from) for a reasonable price. Last resort im gona have to end up paying a lot of money for the flight.

-Does anyone know of other airlines besides globespan, thompson, rynair, easyjet or thomascook that could get me to Glasgow?

-does anyone have any flights that I could sue for sale?

- and alst, does anyone know of any alternative ways to get there( example: fly to manchester and get the bus to glasgow)

Thank you all very much for your help...

A desperate, ppmaf

Sparky 26-09-2008 11:57

Have you tried Flybe.

Harters 26-09-2008 13:15

BMIbaby & Monarch both have daily scheduled flights to Manchester.

What about flights to Leeds'Bradford or Newcastle?

allanglens 26-09-2008 14:03

Flights to Glasgow

Well, according to Skyscanner there are still a few options. None direct, but a lot via other airports, bith for today and tomorrow. E.g. 05:40 via Gatwick @ £380

I suggest you have another look, and make sure you have not checked the 'direct flights only' box.

allanglens

Kezza66 26-09-2008 14:24

Try Avro

Avro Search Results

They do Monarch Palma to Manchester

Good luck

tievenaghtanya 26-09-2008 14:54

Hi, I hope this helps . Ryanair have a flights Palma / London stanstead tomorrow, and then there are flights you can connect with from Stanstead to Glasgow that evening .Fares aren`t bad either. Good luck.
Regards TT

BigDav 26-09-2008 16:35

have just priced jet2 from palma to newcastle...275 pounds?

Harters 26-09-2008 16:45

Assuming you havnt already flown (or got yourself booked on something), I'd suggest you go to the airport early tomorrow and tout round the various airline offices and/or the travel company reps. Explain the urgency of the situation and keep your fingers crossed that someone has an empty seat .

We've had two family emergencies over the years (one involving someone needing to fly back to the UK; the other someone needing to fly to Mallorca). Both resolved as above within a couple of hours spent at the airport. Folk will help in an emergency if they possibly can.

Good luck.

CathB 26-09-2008 16:55

Just checked Easy jet...Sunday 28th palma (12:10) to bristol (arrive 13:35) 281.99 euros then bristol (19:30) to glasgow.(arrive 20:45) £89.99

Not sure if this helps

ppmafioso88 26-09-2008 18:37

Thank you all so much for your help.

I have been desperately searching all day, and nothing.

There are a few airlines mentioned here I havent tried, I will look now. normally I fins skyscanner saves me but not this time. As a last resort Ill have to go to the airport and see if someone can help me.

Thank you all again, and I will let you know what happened in the end!

ppmaf

ppmafioso88 30-09-2008 09:55

Just thought id update you all as you were so helpfull.

I went to the airport and asked how much it would be to get on the next flight. Unfortunately there is no seats till Thursday, so I cant get there till then unless I pay a stupid amount of money.

Basicly globespan charge 99 pounds for a last minute seat to fill the plane.

I have booked for thursday now, and it was a reasonable price.

thanks all