Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Easter 2009 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/3269-easter-2009-a.html)

tievenaghtanya 09-06-2008 17:42

Easter 2009

We have booked our accomodation for next easter , early I know but we wanted to make sure we would get it .Out of season we normally fly Belfast / Heathrow / Palma www.flybmi.com, but does anyone know if the budget airlines start to fly from Newcastle,Leeds, London , anywhere in fact to Palma out of season. Also I am not sure if 10 April will be classed as winter or summer departure .
I would be grateful if anyone knows or has flown from mainland UK in April .
Thanks TT

Sharonh 09-06-2008 18:56

Tanya

We usually fly Belfast, Stanstead, Palma going out and Palma, Liverpool, Belfast on the return journey. Flight times are good using these routes. Easyjet usually start to fly directly to Palma from Belfast from the last week in March so if Easter is slightly later next year you might be able to get a direct flight.

Sharon

whaleywanderer 09-06-2008 20:57

Hi TT

We fly Manchester/Palma - Monarch/BMIbaby/Jet2.com fly all through the winter months. Hope this is helpful.

its cd 09-06-2008 21:04

Try Liverpool

Presumably you can easily get from belfast to Livrpool and both Ryanair and Easyject do Liverpool / Palma all through the year

tievenaghtanya 10-06-2008 15:58

Thanks to you all. I will look out for the new schedules going on sale for the airlines you mentioned. BFS / LHR / PMI is only £450 return for the 3 of us , but I would like to see if I can get it for less.
Regards TT

Mark 10-06-2008 19:55

I would also suggest Liverpool to Palma with EasyJet, as Liverpool is a small airport without the hassle of London or Manchester.

Just so easy at Liverpool and Belfast is just a short hop across the water from Liverpool.

Looking back on my previous bookings Winter EasyJet flights are released in July from Liverpool to Palma. Usually about £50 - £70 per person or much much less if you are very very quick :D

Usually only one flight out each day in Winter though and its early in previous years.

Not Sure if April 10 might be into Summer schedule ( more flight times), and those flights are released about November in previous years.

These dates may change this year with the Recession and low amount of bookings and low euro rate etc.

I guess flights will be released earlier than previous years to get some money in :)

April 10th is a Friday in 2009, so you have a good chance of bagging some bargains, as nearly everyone goes for a Saturday flight.

So make sure you are signed up to Easyjet emails for the various airports you are interested in.

Will not be long before that EasyJet email arrives and panic booking will begin before the price goes up.. :)

edited to add:
If you can get a direct flight from Belfast thats the best way of course ! ( as long as its cheap)

Mark.

tievenaghtanya 10-06-2008 20:44

yo43yo,
Very informative , thanks. We like Liverpool airport and would be there quite often so it seems like a good idea ,and thanks to you I now know when to start looking for flights going on sale. We have just returned from a trip to Yorkshire.....wonderful ! Enjoyed the photos - there`s no where quite like PP in the spring. TT