Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2005, 02:43

Default Returning home and Palma Airport

That's it!

The holiday is over and home you must go. The last night is it a slap up meal or a quiet night and the packing has to be done. Does it matter about folding up the clothes ? What about Auntie's little present? It's a bore isn't it?:\

Car back to the airport and returned safe and sound or get the coach on time. Sorry Rosie10 just read your post and as have always been on a coach must be one of those who holds you up. My tour operator is always very well organised and has the coach there before the check in desks open and like you that is very annoying to all of us too.

Sometimes there is a slight delay and perhaps Anne Robinson might do well as the courier asking "Who's holding the bus up? Who's not got their plane ticket?" And of course there are no trolleys nearby and why after the check ins open does the next one always go faster??

Then you get up to the next floor and perhaps have a sandwich and a drink and look for a table , in our case, in the non smoking section. This part of the airport is what I call one of the Bottlenecks of Europe as it's always busy and seems full of the "Can't read/Won't read" gang all puffing away like chimneys!

Onward and upward to Duty Free! Never ceases to amaze what people buy in here. I think "do they drink that"? all our tastes are different!:rollin :rollin

Next the delights of the security gate .Suppose on average every second trip have been delayed as some "innocent" with a large knife or scissors is two or three in front of us and getting the full rigmarole!!>:

The walk back to Inca to get to the gate is next but still beware of the Spanish Grand Prix buggy drivers!

Why is it that the flight that you are on is always at the furthest away gate?
Murphy has a Spanish cousin you see!!

We were seated in the corridor near our gate once and a plane arrived from an unnamed UK airport. First to come out were about four or five kids , six to ten years old and on to the moving walkway they went. No problem but it was coming towards them!! Worse about five or six parents and grandparents joined them!!:lol :lol
You could not make this up! We all watched speechless well it was hard to be speechless and finally the adults gave up muttering as if it was the fault of someone else!!:rollin :rollin

Board now and why is there always at least one in the wrong seat and worse not wanting to move?

So Hi Ho Silver!!

Upward and onward!
But the guy at the window inside you has mislaid his glasses for his book and has to get out. "I put it in the brown bag" he says to his wife. Looks in there and no maybe the grey one. It is at the back of the overhead locker and he drops someone else's bag! No not there either! And his wife is saying "Forget it Joe!" but no Joe goes on till he gets it!!>:

And last and not least.
It's only a two hour flight home or little more. There were toilets in the airport. As soon as the crew start serving food and drink up go the" toilet gang" and can't get past!! Tough!!:rollin :rollin

Well!! It's all been part of your holiday!!:rollin

Why do we bother??

Love of PP of course!
Better also say P and CSV too!!:lol :lol

Thank you for your forebearance!!:lol :lol

Normal Disclaimer.
The events related here have happened and do happen involving real persons and

oh well you know the rest!!:rollin :rollin
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2005, 19:31
Sara4

Hi Portofan,

A few years ago we went to Mallorca via Barcelona - a bit odd but it was a cheap deal! Flights were fantastic - scheduled Iberia. When we landed at Palma, we had the shortest walk ever to collect our luggage - literally the first gate and when we went home, it was the same again. So, it isn't Murphy's law that we have to walk away to Inca to get our plane - it is either because we are on charter flights or because we are British!

Funnily enough - I never mind the walk when I arrive but it is always a huge drag when I am going home!

Loved your post by the way - very funny!

Sara.
Old 25-08-2005, 20:27
Snowy

Hi Porto

I'll just make sure I am not behind you checking in.
Old 25-08-2005, 22:05

Default Returning Home and Palma Airport

Hi Sara and Snowy!

Thanks for your replies.

First time we came to PP the new airport had not long opened and we were taken by coach to a door just round the corner from the baggage hall and I think also another time then too.

Dont mind the walk . It really does loosen you up doesn't it?

Behind me in the check in Snowy? You have a problem with that? What's wrong ? Am I difficult to check in? Cantankerous even?>:

And to all our readers I say surely you have a story to tell us of the airport. Come on and give us a laugh guys!:lol :lol
Old 26-08-2005, 03:50
Snowy

Two things I remember about Palma airport Terminals A & B Terminal B for all Iberia flights very plush and A for the UK charter flights with wooden benches outside on the sun deck.

I remember one year we were delayed (What’s new) and was offered food and wine we were shown into this room with white Formica tables decorated with round red rings it soon became very clear the red round rings were from the wine bottles gut rot if you saw what had done to the Formica dread to thing what it was doing to my inside.>: >:

Another time I remember sitting on the plane on the tarmac for just over two hours they had to get people out of the terminal because of the fire risk so they loaded up the planes even though they were not going to be taking of due to strike.

Now the new airport very nice modern clean (Except on strike days) and a good test of fitness easier going than coming back I find. Heavy suitcase full of goodness

:rollin :rollin
Old 29-08-2005, 06:58
Chiara19

Last year we flew from Manchester with Thomas Cook - like a cattle stampede both way. This time we flew Easyjet from Liverpool - couldn't have been better - smaller plane so smaller queues and Easyjet have an admirable policy of giving priority boarding to disabled passengers and those with young children - still plenty of seats available for everyone else but less frayed tempers because the children are all settled on board by the time everyone else gets on. I didn't miss the complimentary plastic meal or old re-runs of 'Frasier' and 'The Simpsons' on a screen that you can barely see. We seemed to spend less time hanging about as well - perhaps that wsa psychological though.
Old 30-08-2005, 03:37
PennyWhite

Easyjet do a very fast turn round so when it works well it works very well, but as with every airline, when they miss slots or whatever not so good. I think most of our experiences have been ok, one delay out of Barcelona but that isn't a bad airport to be stuck in!
Old 30-08-2005, 04:45

Penny,
I agree Easyjet can be good, I've used them on a couple of occassions on business-they were great(Much better than BA "Boreing Airlines". I love watching "Airline"etc to see who has'nt read the small print.

You mention Barcelona, is this a Globespan flight or regular service flight from U.K.?
Regards

Jim
Old 30-08-2005, 17:00
robjay

Thank you Portofan. I so enjoyed your post.

Rob
Old 30-08-2005, 23:28
PennyWhite

Default Flights

Flown in and out of Barcelona with Iberia and Easyjet, the time we got stuck was with Easyjet. However, good shopping (after the baggage has been weighed) so not such a hardship! Managed to get an upgrade with Iberia going home one time, very pleasant!