Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2005, 22:01

Default ThomsonFly.......New Summer 2006 Schedules.

I've just received an email from Thomsonfly with this very interesting information about Summer 2006. Some very reasonable prices are already available at www.thomsonfly.com

Here's what they had to say:-
"The UK’s leading travel company Thomson has today announced that its low fares airline Thomsonfly.com will be offering high frequency flights from 11 UK airports for the summer months of 2006.

This announcement unveils the next phase in Thomsonfly.com’s low fares strategy which will mean that the majority of the UK population will be within a one hours drive of Thomsonfly.com low fares flights, enabling them to travel for as little as £29.99, one way including taxes and charges.

The company currently operates low fares flights from regional airports in Coventry, Bournemouth and Doncaster and now eight new airports are to be added for Summer 2006. The new airports are Manchester, key London airports Gatwick and Luton, and Birmingham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Nottingham East Midlands and Glasgow.

From May 2006 Thomsonfly.com will operate low fares flights from Cardiff, Gatwick, Luton, Manchester and Newcastle to four Spanish destinations - Palma, Malaga, Alicante and Ibiza. In addition high frequency flights will be operated from Birmingham, Nottingham East Midlands and Glasgow to Palma - all at low fares."

We've already booked for May from Bournemouth for just £9.49 one way plus taxes
Sponsored Links
Old 14-09-2005, 22:38
Founder

Please see our flights page for ThomsonFly & other airlines. We'd be grateful if you click on the links on our site to support us if you interested in buying flights, holidays etc.

See www.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-majorca.html#charter

Thank you.
Old 15-09-2005, 00:57

Not all their flights are cheap,I checked their website for 2 flights from Cardiff in August next year £610. Now thats EXPENSIVE.

Timberman
Old 15-09-2005, 01:08
smiddy

Default Thomson Airfares

Is this another case of the "big boys" moving in to try and put the smaller airlines out of business? Once they do the prices will mysteriously start to climb again.
Strange it has took them so long to join the "revolution".

I for one will be staying with the airlines who pioneered the cheaper fares, even if it does cost me extra.

First Thomsons decide to get into real estate, now this, what next, bidding for the sunbeds on Pollensa beach?
Old 15-09-2005, 06:51

Default Re: Thomson Airfares

I have to agree that not all the prices are low, however, 'I never look a gift horse in the mouth' and if I can find good service for less money then I'll use it. We have always used Easyjet with no complaints & will no doubt use them again if the need arises, but we have used Thomsonfly 4 times this year (& are booked with them in October also) & up to now have no complaints!

Incidentally, Thomsons have been doing cheap flight only deals for years under the name of Portland so I would put them right out there amongst the 'pioneers'!

Sorry if I offended anyone for bringing this 'good news' to your attention!
Old 15-09-2005, 17:11
smiddy

Default Flights

Not at all Gina, I'm speaking mainly from a Scottish point of view were the budget carriers have only been in existince for a few years. Up until then we have had to pay some ridiculous rates, including a fuel surcharge well before the current geniune charges. If we lost our 2 budget airlines then we'd be back to square one. That's why they'll always have my support. As we posted on another thread we've got a rate of £82 for 3 weeks next summer, doubt if Thomsons can beat that. 5 years ago i had to pay £450 to get 3 weeks as the Thomsons of this world refused to do 3 week flights, you had to pay double>:
Old 15-09-2005, 17:31
Founder

Default Re: Flights

On a general comment you now find that ALL the major tour operators i.e. Thomsons, Thomas Cook, First Choice etc. have moved towards independant holidays to keep up with market demands.

Particularly to destinations that customers are familar with e.g. Mallorca & Spain, there is less of a demand for complete packages & they now therefore all offer separate flexible flights and accommodation (hotels & Villas).

This has been happening for quite a while, it is just publicised more now.

Just business....
Old 15-09-2005, 19:08
Sara4

I have to be honest, we have never managed before this year to get a good deal with a 'budget' airline. We have a school age child and it seems that if you go in the school holidays, as we have to, that there are never any good deals - unless of course you want to fly to somewhere (but really land at airport an hour from where you should be - Ryanair!) or if you don't mind flying at some ungodly hour of the morning! We have booked with Jet2 for next year and got a good deal - £139 each as opposed to the £200 paid this year.

We were hoping to go to PP for week in October and the flight prices are ridiculous. The cheapest we seem to be able to get from Manchester is around £230 each - before we have even booked accommodation!

If you are flexible and not ruled by certain dates then there are some fantastic deals around but not for people who need to take holidays at certain times. I know lots will disagree but I have yet to find a good deal with Easyjet. My husband is a Barca fan and likes to go and watch them a couple of times a year and tends to fly with Monarch. I have looked around to see what deals there are at other local airports as Monarch are the only airline to fly direct to Barcelona from Manchester. Easyjet are nearly always the same price or only a few pounds cheaper - which bearing in mind the additional travel to and from Liverpool, doesn't make any difference to the cost.

Information on new flights and routes are always worth hearing about though, because some people can get good deals.
Old 15-09-2005, 20:41
Snowy

This site is worth a look

www.traveljungle.co.uk/
Old 16-09-2005, 05:40

Sara

Agree that getting good deals during school h0ols has always been difficult in the past but we have booked with Jet 2 from Manchester for next July , less than 100 each and during school hols ....... very good value but you have to get them booked early.

Re. October, my daughter and I are coming out to PP this half term ...... not a full week, just a Sunday to Thursday ... and we got pretty reasonable flights with Monarch at great times .... early mornimg out, evening back so you get more time in paradise ........ about £115 each ..... so they do exist .......... and we didn't book them miles in advance ......... booked them mid august
Old 16-09-2005, 17:03
smiddy

Default Flights

Sara, The old school holidays problem, supply and demand i suppose. In response to government prompting,e the airlines said they would do something about it, I haven't seen any evidence.

As CD says you can still get them, ask,if poss, if they can put you on their e-mail list, this gives you the opportunity to get in as soon as the prices are released, think you will find some good bargains, even for the school holidays.

P.S: In case someone thinks i,m singling out poor old Thomsons, i have been visiting the island during Feb for the last 13 yrs and have had some super prices over the years.
Old 16-09-2005, 17:37
Sara4

Where are you flying from CD? I checked earlier this week on Monarch and flying out from Manchester on Saturday 22nd and returning on the 29th is now nearly £280 each!

I hear what you are saying Smiddy and no I haven't seen airlines offering any incentives or reductions during school holidays either.

For the first time we have got a good deal for next August as we have booked with Jet2. I am on the mailing lists for a number of flight operators and holiday companies and as soon as they come through, I have a quick look put in the dates for October half term and they are still the same!

Never mind!

We are off to Anglesy for a few days instead - might not be same weather but lovely views and good food!
Old 17-09-2005, 01:50
pinot g

Hello cd

we are travelling out Sunday 23 Oct 09.25 with Monarch I too got a great deal by booking early, I think we paid about the same price.

You may see me at the check in looking harassed as I m taking my parents and daughter, no husband to look after travel documents passports etc, or worse still drive!!!

hope you enjoy yourselves

pinot g
Old 18-09-2005, 17:03

Sara

Had a look myself and the flights we paid about £100 for ( booked in August ) are now £230 as you said

I had always been a bit sceptical re this book early get it cheaper issue ............ but it certainly seems to have been the case for us .......... August booking isn;t amazingly early for an October flight, so perhaps it is just when it gets to a about 6 weeks before the flight they put the prices up if there are only a few seats left , knowing someone somewhere will really need to go and will pay whay they are asking ......... as Smiddy says, supply and demand

Sorry you can;t get a flight, could have said Hello whilst we were there , or even on the flight
Old 18-09-2005, 17:06

Pinot g

Will most certainly look out for you, will send some details to your inbox closer to the time

look forward to meeting you