Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 21:50
kenfraser1

Default Cheap Flights from the South West

Hi All
I am presently looking everywhere for the best possible flights to Palma preferably from the SW and dont seem to be able to get much under £200 per person and there will be 6 of us. I will gladly travel to a more distant airport if the price is right. I have read the previous threads about AirBerlin and immediatly cheacked out their website to find all the special price flights had gone and now it was going to cost me in the region of £200 pp. Do any of you regular travellers to PP have any tips for getting the best possible price? How does EasyJet compare? Is it worth waiting for their summer 2006 prices to be released? Am I going to get der the £200 barrier?:
Any assitance anyone can offer will be gratefully recieved.
Many Thanks
Ken Fraser :\
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2005, 03:19

Hi Ken,

I am going through the same as you at the moment, trying to get flights for next July.

I checked Air Berlin again this morning and was quoted £740 for the four of us. I am sure when we went this year it was closer to £500 and I am certain we booked later in the year.

I am going to wait until Easyjet have released their flights and try and get in early (or drive there - ha ha ha!!!!!:lol ).

But in the meantime I will check other airlines as we have quite a wide choice of airports here in the Midlands. I did check ThomsonFly from Coventry but they were horrible flights (midnight, etc) so was not interested.

If I find anything I will post on here straight away,
Jane
Old 07-11-2005, 06:54

Jet 2 are selling flights from Manchester to Palma for less than £100 in July ........... but it's a long way to travel for you, not sure I could be bothered
Old 07-11-2005, 16:06
kenfraser1

Good to hear I am not the only one in this predicament. I have registered with several airlines and ticker agents so that when the prices change or new flights become available they will email me. In the mean time I will keep looking and post anything interesting here.
Cheers
Ken
Old 11-11-2005, 04:50
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

Hi There

Aerlingus are offering fights out of Dublin in 2006 direct to Palma - quite cheaply 50euros each way excluding taxes - you might be lucky and pick up a cheap Ryan Air Flight to Dublin!!
Old 11-11-2005, 15:41
kenfraser1

Default Cheap flights SW

Hi Killian
Thanks for offering a suggestion to my flight problem I will take at look at that option now and see what comes up. Many Thanks
Ken
Old 11-11-2005, 17:17

Default Re: Cheap flights SW

Ken,

I have been trawling through the net looking for flights from airports near to us and it's been hopeless.

Some truly horrible flights with Iberia from Gatwick, stopping at Barcelona, Madrid or Valencia - would have been quicker to drive!

And expensive direct flights with BA.

Only option for us now is to get in quick with Easyjet, although the Dublin route looks promising (thanks Killian).

Jane:rolleyes
Old 12-11-2005, 03:11
kenfraser1

Sounds like you are getting the same results I am. I got all excited this morning when I found that the callendar on Easyjet went up to August 2006. so I quickly typed in my flight requirements only to get a message something along the lines of "these flights are on sale until March 2006" which I did not fully understand, I have emailed Easyjet asking them for advice on their summer schedule but they suggest it may take 20 days to get any kind of reply, and I am not paying a pound a minute to be kept hanging around being passed from one person to the next to eventually be told we dont know. Sorry, I will ghet down off my high horse now. I may have started looking for flighjts from the South West but I am now looking further afied, to Brimingham and London if the price is right.I will keep looking and post any interesting flights here.
Cheers All
Ken:eek
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19

Hi Ken!

Maybe you and I should get together and charter a private jet!:rollin

It might work out cheaper!

Seriously though, I had another look tonight at Birmingham flights (about 40 mins from us) and there was nothing under £230 per person (adult price). For the four of us it worked out at £890.

I am just going to wait for Easyjet to release their flights and try and get in quick (ahead of Debz and Chels):rollin

Regards
Jane
Old 12-11-2005, 06:37

Under starters orders eh Jane!! :rollin

Panic not people Easyjet don't release Summer flights till just before Christmas. In the past we have missed the really cheap flights.. held out for a bit..bided our time..and then been rewarded with them putting more flights on!! Got them for £50 return last year.

Jane I promise to let you know (by secret text!) if I see they've released flights ...but you must too vice versa!!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:41

Oh Debs!

Don't worry I will - you'll be the first to know!

Talk soon!
Jane
Old 12-11-2005, 07:17
sonyaaa

Hello!
Easyjets always been the one for us summer is usually released end December. last four years we've paid on average anything from £150-£190 for peak season. We have paid less in the past with other airlines but nightmare changing at barcelona (late for connecting flight had to run all the way then our bags did'nt arrive for 4 days) bit of a pain. this year Im trying to book Easter 06 but as its later this year got to wait till Dec to do that too. Credit cards going to get one hell of a spanking! another thought if you are going for two weeks try the main tour operaters as sometimes they have good prices on chaarter flights.
good luck
sonya
Old 12-11-2005, 20:33
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

Hi guys
It seems to me that the least expensive way to get to Palma from the uk is definetly through Dublin and probably with Aerlingus. There are flights from Birmingham, Bristol, Heathrow and Liverpool to Dublin starting at 1 pound sterling up to 40/50 pounds per person each way. The flights from Dublin to Palma start at 24 euros/17 pounds per person each way. Provided you are travelling outside of June/July/August time I think that a family of 2 Adults and 2 children could get to Palma from the UK for under 600 pounds. Is that expensive?
We have booked our flights from Dublin to Palma in May for us 4 and its costing under 500 euros/ 335 pounds.
Lucky Irish eh!
Old 20-03-2006, 05:42
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

If I were booking my flights to Palma now the cost would be 300 euros more.
Dublin to Palma Aerlingus is not as cheap as it was!
Thats 300 euros for me to eat and drink in PP in May!!:hat
Old 20-03-2006, 16:21
griffo

try thomas cook off the television (sky tv) i have flights via them from B'ham in july for 6 at £165 a person and they are day time flights.