Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   JET2 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/1593-jet2.html)

terryw 09-08-2006 20:24

JET2

Jet2 have some pretty reasonable prices up for next summer out of Manchester, and we were considering booking up for next August.
Does anyone have any good / bad /indifferent experiences of the service they offer? Manchester is quite a distance to travel from down here in South Wales, and I'm looking for some sort of warm feeling that I'm not signing up for a nightmare.

Cheers
Terry

CathB 10-08-2006 02:46

Terry - I am also in South Wales and we had very good flights this year from Bristol with Easyjet in July (15-29th)..I booked as they came on sale in November and they compared very favourably for times and prices from other airports( and not such a long journey to the airport either).they were cheaper than BMI baby from Cardiff

its cd 10-08-2006 02:52

flew out of Mamchester with Jet 2 a few weeks ago

they were ok

no frills; no telly;

but functional, and hey its only 2 hrs and for less than £100 each in school hols what more can you want

will definitely use again

in fact as son as I cen get my lot to decide on which weeks we want to go next year I will be booking

PeRu 10-08-2006 07:03

Hi Everyone,
We have flown with Jet2 twice in the last 3 months, aned found them excellent. We're both over 6 ft, and the legroom is fine. The Cabin Crew were all charming and smartly dressed. There were no delays, and our luggage arrived at both ends without incident. We will certainly fly with them in the future.
PeRu

Sazzle 12-08-2006 04:59

Just got back from PP. Flew with Jet2 for the first time. They were very good and VERY cheap! Am just about to book for next August!

terryw 14-08-2006 00:32

Thanks for the feedback everyone, certainly puts my mind at rest.
Bit the bullet and booked for the last 2 weeks in August, £488 for all 4 of us, seemed pretty reasonable for peak period.

Only 370 days to go......!!!!

Terry

Helen Macklin 16-08-2006 01:50

Hi CB,

Just joined the forum, thanks for the info the other day about Jet2.com. I've had a look and they seem very reasonable. In fact CHEAP. When we know how many of us are coming next year I will book. Speak to you soon, and hope everyone is OK.

Sara4 16-08-2006 19:43

We flew Jet2 this year from Manchester and they were great. We set off on time on both journeys and the return leg was last Saturday when many people were experiencing delays during the security alerts.

The flight was really reasonable and staff great - would highly recommend them.

its cd 17-08-2006 05:07

Best recommendation is repeat customers

I have just booked again with Jet2 for next year ......... 2 weeks Saturday to saturday ... just over £100 each .........can;t be bad for Summer school hols

JR 18-08-2006 05:54

Jet2.com

Hi, regarding your posts in respect of Jet2.com - I dont mean this to be a whinge, more a word of caution!
We returned from Palma on the 9th August. Unfortunately there was a fault with the plane and a part had to be flown in from Leeds. Please dont get me wrong, I along with all the other passengers were more than happy that the fault was spotted before we took off! We had an eleven hour delay and there was no-one available either on the desk or the gate that could advise us or update us on the situation. The captain and crew did a disappearing act when the plane was towed away (after we were told they would come and update us). We, and others on the flight had to ring the number on on our confirmations to try and find out what was happening and to be truthful the various agents we spoke too werent helpful at all.

It was only when we were finally on the flight that the stewardess informed us that Jet2.com do not have any represenatives in Palma. Their desk, when manned, is done so by handling agents, who in her own words "havent a clue whats happening".

So a word of warning should you experience problems with Jet2 at Palma - you wont get any help or advice. You will also find that the "Passengers Rights" notices displayed on each gate mean absolutely nothing - they would do better replacing them with pictures!

Other than that, both the crew and the flight were great, just their customer service need a complete overhaul! Oh they did throw in a free soft drink for our troubles.......

Next flight now booked with Monarch!!