Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-2007, 15:31

Default THOMSONFLY NEW BAGGAGE POLICY

Hello All

Those of you who fly with Thomsonfly may be interested in this new Baggage Policy notice taken from their website:-

Thomsonfly adopts new baggage policy

18.06.2007. From 19th June 2007, Thomsonfly introduced a new baggage policy on its low fares scheduled routes as part of a phased roll out for flight-only passengers on all its routes over the next few weeks. All flight-only customers will continue to enjoy a free generous hand-luggage allowance of up to 10kg. Customers wishing to check-in luggage may do so for a small charge, which varies by route. The charge for check-in luggage is clearly explained in the booking process. Customers choosing to pre-book their luggage allowance in advance on Thomsonfly.com, save 50% when compared to in-airport prices.

Customers booking prior to 19th of June 15:00hrs will not be affected by the new baggage policy.

Customers booking after the 19th of June 15:00hrs will be advised during the booking process if charge is applicable. If in doubt, please refer to your booking confirmation where it will be stated if luggage charge is applicable. View examples of the new policy here.
Save 50% on airport and call centre prices by booking check-in luggage and extra weight online.

Gina
Sponsored Links
Old 24-06-2007, 18:20

Thanks for that Gina. I usually fly Thompsonfly but only ever take hand luggage. I do have future flights booked for family who no doubt will be taking their whole wardrobe. Does that mean that as they were booked before June 19th they don't have to pay?
Old 25-06-2007, 00:13

Hi Sandy

If you are only taking hand luggage your allowance is quite good - 10 kilos I believe.

I am flying from Bournemouth on the 23rd July but booked way back in February so I don't think I will be affected by the luggage charges. It does say that all flights booked PRIOR to June 19th won't be affected. I hope not anyway

Can't wait to get back to PP again!

Gina
Old 25-06-2007, 15:54

I've booked from Bournemouth for August and again end of September. Both times we're taking family with us. Let me know if you do get charged the extra as I'll have to let them know. Many thanks.
Old 25-06-2007, 17:24

I'll let you know Sandy!

8) Gina
Old 25-06-2007, 21:13

Phew - was really worried for a moment there as we are flying with Thomsonfly. I struggle to get all my luggage within 25kgs (including hand luggage) - certainly wouldn't be able to get it to 10kgs!
We booked our flights ages ago so shouldn't be affected - it seems to be only if you booked after the 19th June.

Hope that's right!