Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 19:10
swoody1971

Default Flights Next Aug 2 Adults 2 Kids

Hi
I have never done this booking apartments/flights independently before so I just wanted to know does anyone have a rough idea how much flights would be next aug (can't get prices yet from easy jet etc) for 2 adults and 2 kids. I was thinking about £400 for all of us return but my friend thinks it is more like £1000 for us all which wouldn't make this a cheap holiday really. Any advice would be useful!! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 19:11

If you book early flights on sale around Dec 07 you should get for around £600.00 or less
Old 10-08-2007, 21:03

Snowy's right the earlier you get booked the cheaper the flight. I got flights in July this year for £76 rtn but these were mid week.The problem is most apartments changeover day is Saturday and so the flights are always more expensive at the weekend.

There are bargains to be had..if you book your flights asap and leave booking the accomodation until a bit later ..but 'doing it yourself' is not usually the cheaper option. Packages tend to be cheaper but don't give you the freedom of self catering.

Debs
Old 10-08-2007, 21:46

Sorry Debz do not agree DIY is cheaper if you can get right flight price also there are now many more apartments having flexiable change over dates.

Last year Aug 4 of us much cheaper than package including car hire.

And all the fun of eating out each night.
Old 10-08-2007, 22:15

Of course, just because your package is half board, doesn't mean you have to eat at the hotel. If its that much cheaper, its worth ignoring their food and eating at the many yummy places we all salivate over!:b
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04

I absoluteley agree that it's far more fun in a villa or apartment than a package, and it can work out cheaper out of season, but I still think you end up spending more ..especially if you eat out every night

I can remember when my babies were little I'd always intend to cook in every 3rd night..but I hardly ever did! We reckoned for us... a family of 5.. there wasn't much change out of 3k for the entire holiday :eek

Debs
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40
tievenaghtanya

When booking with easy jet from belfast early-mid December we usually pay around £100-£140 each for summer months. I believe www.jet2.com have very reasonable prices from UK mainland to Palma but we always seem to miss the cheaper fares by checking too late.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:07

Last year we managed to get four flights for about £800 with Air Berlin, but this year we left it later and ended up paying just over £1000.

But I like to think we offset this with flights to Berlin (with Air Berlin) for £80 for the four of us in May!

Swings and roundabouts!

But it's always better to book early and also shop around.

Jane
Old 11-08-2007, 05:24
dolgoed

We normally book outbound with easy jet from liverpool and home with first choice into manchester as easy jet are twice the price on the return flight, usually saves us about £60 each and times 5 it adds up to a good saving it pays to look around. We live roughly the same distance from each so the taxi costs the same. So dont think you have to stick to one airport or one carrier.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:45
10jones

If you're booked with accommodation on a Saturday, it is worth looking at flight prices for the Thursday or Friday before. The cost of a B+B for one or two nights could still work out cheaper than a Saturday flight. We did this and managed to save £200.00 per person! Great holiday spending money
Old 11-08-2007, 15:53
Founder

Just in case anyone may not have seen our flights page - it is at www.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-majorca.html & as far as I know lists all the flight companies who fly to Palma from the various UK airports. If you know of any changes, do let me know,

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 17:36

Depends too where you start your journey - think of us poor Scots - even with Globespan (a Scottish low cost airline) we pay around £200 - £250 return a head to fly from Edinburgh. Cheaper from Newcastle or Manchester etc
Old 12-08-2007, 21:51

We paid £570 for 4 adults for our July flights this year but have booked october flights via XL airways/tesco clubcard vouchers...found out that XL airwys are included and you get 4 times the face value of the clubard voucher..so got flights for 4 people for £80 tesco clubcard vouchers(£320 XL Airways vouchers) and £146 cash (airport taxes/fuel).

Have checked for next July and will need £160 tesco vouchers for the 4 of us (80 per couple) and still just £146 total cash...not a bad deal
Old 13-08-2007, 02:20

I think it all depends on where you are flying from and what time you are prepared to fly. We booked our flights for this holiday (flew out 28th July) last year - think it was September/October. We went with thomsonfly who were fine - on time going out and half our delay on the way back. We paid £189 each and flew out from Manchester at 8.20am and then flew out of Palma at 1.35pm.
Old 14-08-2007, 02:46

We booked for 5 of us from 14th July until 28th July this year Manchester to Palma ...... £112 each with Jet2 ......... fantastic value for flights during school hols , flights left Manchester at 3pm and left Palma at 8pm, so pretty decent times .... we arrived in time to go out for dinner and were abble to spend all day in the resort before leaving around 5pm

Jet 2 were no frills, but nothing wrong either , flights were on time, air crew were nice and friendly and helpful and a big bonus is they have a dedicated check in at manchester which you can still drive to .... so no parking in car parks and lugging cases for miles .......... and at Palma , you get bused into the terminal and so arrive almost at the baggage carousels so avoid the long trek

We booked the flights in August 2006, so almost a year in advance .... but also added a 6th flight in January 2007 .... price had gone up to £140 .... it wasn;t the cheapest flight we could get at the time but as it was for a 15year old, we wanted her to be on the same flight.

Interestingly though , I tried to get a 7th flight ( you get the picture .... family members deciding after the event they would like to join us !!!! ) a week befoe we were due to leave .......... cost = £340 return ......... so no chance ...... so the moral is book early

......... I best get going for next year lol