Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-10-2007, 03:56

Default BMI BABY

Hi All.

We picked up my mother today, and had a lovely time in Chester, bit of shoping and a nice restaurant, then back to our place for the afternoon and a light evening meal, Moira and I talking about how much we're looking forward to our holiday at the Illa D'or a week on Sunday. Just taken mother back home and got round to opening todays mail. One from BMI Baby who we booked the flights with, wondered why they we're contacting us. You probably know whats coming next.
Just under our booking reference number typed in bold

RE: Flight Cancellation.

We booked to fly back on Sunday Nov11th at 11:25, apparently this flight is now cancelled, and we've been transfered to Monday Nov12th at 21:10.
I've spoken to Bmi but there's nothing they can do, was told we can try writing to there customer relations for the extra costs incurred, though it does state in there letter that
"bmibaby will not be responsible for any additional charges incurred as a result of these cancellations"

It does go onto say to claim expenses via your own personal travel insurers, which in this case happens to be.... bmibaby

As a result of our initial flight being cancelled, we have a number of issues.

1 - need an extra night at the hotel
2 - need an extra nights car parking at Manchster
3 - need an extra nights insurance
4 - need to book an extra day off work ( which i don't have )

Tried contacting Thomson who we've booked the hotel with but there closed till tomorrow, have checked on the web site and the Illa D'or appears to be available.

Without charges for altering our bookings we've toted up the extra cost of the hotel, insurance and Car parking to be £84:55 with the charges which I'm sure there'll be it'll come in at well over £100 ( not the end of the world but still loads of extra hassle we didn't need ).

Luckily we haven't booked the transfers yet!.

First time we've booked with BMI ( did i say first !!!!! )

Sorry about the rant, suppose on the up side we get an extra night in PP.

Regards
Carl.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-10-2007, 04:12
tievenaghtanya

hi carl,
we had a similar phone call nearly 2 weeks ago, although our flights are british midland we booked them with airmiles.
we were to fly belfast heathrow on 30 oct 07.55 and heathrow palma 13.50, but they rescheduled to a heathrow palma flight at 07.55.
I was so angry because we would be unable to connect from belfast for such an early morning flight.
after alot of to and fro and numerous phone calls british midland agreed to fly us belfast to heathrow on 29 oct and have booked us a premier inn with courtesy coach free of charge.
like yourself we will now have extra parking fees ,eating 2 meals at heathrow (and lets face it who would enjoy that) and now having to take my son out of school on 30 oct.....not impressed.
i worked in the travel industry for many years and know how they operate, i wouldnt give up and eventually they agreed to pay for the hotel stay.good luck.
Old 28-10-2007, 22:58

I have 2 return flights booked with BMI, one in November and one in January. I had emails saying flight times had been changed, which I accepted (they were only an hours difference). When I later went in to My Booking on the website, I noted the return flight in November and the outgoing flight in January had disappeared. I rang BMI and was informed the flights had been cancelled (at what point were they going to tell me ???). I then had to make very quick decisions about alternatives.

I've flown a number of times with BMI and have never had a complaint before. I feel on this occasion I was hassled in alternatives that suited them better than me!
Old 31-10-2007, 04:33
pinewalkstroll

Many thanks to you all for informing me of these problems.

We also booked to go on the 4th Jan 08 but found out it had now been changed. They informed me that they did try to telephone last week but we have just moved .

For the record we now go out on the 5th Jan. As a matter of interest, what time does the festival start, as it would be such a shame if we missed it.

If you are booked with BMI then please check your booking date's etc have not been changed.

Once again thank you all on puertopollenca.com.