Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Big Sal
  • 2 Post By Big Sal
  • 4 Post By bobley
  • 5 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By James
  • 2 Post By bobley
  • 1 Post By clinkham
  • 1 Post By Luckyone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-2022, 09:47

Default Face masks in travel

Now that face masks are no longer compulsory in Spain from tomorrow (with a few exceptions, and some flights (Jet2) are no longer requesting them on board, does anyone know if masks are compulsory in Palma Airport?
EasyJet have announced that if non compulsory at point of flight origin and arrival, they will no longer require them either
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2022, 08:26

Has this been ratified yet? I haven't seen or heard any confirmation that it has.
Old 20-04-2022, 08:35

It's been confirmed on the Pollenca police site who have posted link from Ministerio de Sanidad.

https://www.facebook.com/policia.local.pollenca

My local pilates centre are continuing wearing masks today. Their reason was explained to us, but my Spanish is limited!
Gommar Goffer likes this.
Old 20-04-2022, 09:55

Also just released on Citizens Advice Spain, who only report factual.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/fa...of-face-masks/
Sparky and Gommar Goffer like this.
Old 20-04-2022, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sal View Post
It's been confirmed on the Pollenca police site who have posted link from Ministerio de Sanidad.

https://www.facebook.com/policia.local.pollenca

My local pilates centre are continuing wearing masks today. Their reason was explained to us, but my Spanish is limited!
My pilates centre is also a physio, so classified as health service, therefore mask requirement.
Old 21-04-2022, 15:21

A lot of folks are still wearing masks and many shops recommend you wear them so I just go with the flow.
Old 21-04-2022, 17:25

I think I largely wear them now for other peoples’ reassurance, so if the majority are wearing them, or I’m close to someone elderly who is, I put one on out of politeness. Otherwise I’m happy to make my own assessment using what little common sense I possess!
Sparky, Carol, Jonsey and 2 others like this.
Old 22-04-2022, 14:10

Just popped into Lidl and it was 50/50 whether people wore or not. I didn’t, but then kept my distance from people wearing them. I think after 700 days of mask wearing, you can forgive people for becoming institutionalised!
Old 23-04-2022, 08:30

Perhaps some people just still feel safer wearing their mask. it's not compulsory not to.
Old 23-04-2022, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorcaboy View Post
Now that face masks are no longer compulsory in Spain from tomorrow (with a few exceptions, and some flights (Jet2) are no longer requesting them on board, does anyone know if masks are compulsory in Palma Airport?
EasyJet have announced that if non compulsory at point of flight origin and arrival, they will no longer require them either
We flew back today from Palma and it was about half and half wearing masks in the airport but still compulsory on the flight.
Old 12-05-2022, 13:38

The Bulletin reports that the wearing of face masks ON flights to or from Spain will continue to be obligatory notwithstanding the EU recommendation yesterday to make the wearing of them voluntary.

They also report, however, that the wearing of masks in Spanish airports will be voluntary (i.e. before boarding and after arrival)!

I don’t pretend that any of this makes sense any longer!
sunnyboy likes this.
Old 13-05-2022, 11:15

If you're jammed into a tight space with 50+ people for more than 15 minutes then you need to wear a mask. Theres a high probability that in a crowd of 50 folks, someone will have Covid.

If you are in a large well ventilated building then you are allowed to make your own mind up. I kept mine on while I was in close proximity to folks for a long time.... i.e. the queue for security and then for passport control!!
ryansclan and Tangoman like this.
Old 13-05-2022, 16:15

Just a quick enquiry. We are out on Monday - we are both fully vaccinated + 2 boosters. Do we need any further paperwork , (other than passports, obviously..) to travel. I've got a bit dizzy reading the various government web pages. I'm pretty sure that I have the correct information, but it would be comforting for a fellow forumite to confirm.

As Mrs Clinkham says, they should do a Janet and John version (you remember - the childrens reading books?)
Tangoman likes this.
Old 13-05-2022, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
Just a quick enquiry. We are out on Monday - we are both fully vaccinated + 2 boosters. Do we need any further paperwork , (other than passports, obviously..) to travel. I've got a bit dizzy reading the various government web pages. I'm pretty sure that I have the correct information, but it would be comforting for a fellow forumite to confirm.

As Mrs Clinkham says, they should do a Janet and John version (you remember - the childrens reading books?)
You need the digital certificate with QR on your phone and or the Paper Certificate showing you have had your 3 jabs. This is in the Gov.Uk pages under entry to Spain
Enjoy your hols
clinkham likes this.