Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Returning home (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/14724-returning-home.html)

alcanadakid 18-06-2021 14:18

Returning home
 
Have anyone got any experience on returning to Gatwick in the last couple of weeks?

Rockape 18-06-2021 16:08

yes....me!

Its like travelling in Nazi Germany! Vere are your papers! :(

Actually its fine, my flight was quite full and went through everywhere very quickly. Its just all the box ticking before you fly that's a pain.

Had my day 2 test result earlier, (negative) and have a day 5 test to release booked at Boots in the morning. So hope to be free on Monday, although I still have to do a day 8 test and post it off! :rolleyes:

Disorderly 18-06-2021 17:42

Not Gatwick Iím afraid but yesterday we flew back to Liverpool with Ryanair and it was a total breeze. Yes, paperwork is checked of course but we didnít end up in Stalag Luft IV. 9-30 this morning we had a Track and Trace guy at the front door checking up on us, and both had phone calls during the day. Maybe crossing the channel in a rubber dinghy would have met with a less hostile reception? :confused:

That said, it was worth it for the visit, though £220 worth of testing exceeds the basic flight cost of £16.99 (which went down to £9.99 on the day of the flight!).

Luckyone 18-06-2021 18:23

Disorderly

How did your test go in PP and who did you use? . Thanks.

debz1 18-06-2021 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 132982)
yes....me!

Its like travelling in Nazi Germany! Vere are your papers! :(

Actually its fine, my flight was quite full and went through everywhere very quickly. Its just all the box ticking before you fly that's a pain.

Had my day 2 test result earlier, (negative) and have a day 5 test to release booked at Boots in the morning. So hope to be free on Monday, although I still have to do a day 8 test and post it off! :rolleyes:

If youíre going to Boots to get your day 5 release test surely that defeats the purpose of quarantining if thereís a chance you may have Covid?

alcanadakid 19-06-2021 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 132989)
If youíre going to Boots to get your day 5 release test surely that defeats the purpose of quarantining if thereís a chance you may have Covid?

Ironically the quarantine rules allow you to travel to a test centre.

alcanadakid 19-06-2021 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 132982)
yes....me!

Its like travelling in Nazi Germany! Vere are your papers! :(

Actually its fine, my flight was quite full and went through everywhere very quickly. Its just all the box ticking before you fly that's a pain.

Had my day 2 test result earlier, (negative) and have a day 5 test to release booked at Boots in the morning. So hope to be free on Monday, although I still have to do a day 8 test and post it off! :rolleyes:

How long did it you take to go through immigration?

clinkham 19-06-2021 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 132995)
Ironically the quarantine rules allow you to travel to a test centre.

A bit like taking the car for an MOT, then?

debz1 19-06-2021 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 132995)
Ironically the quarantine rules allow you to travel to a test centre.

Why arenít I at all surprised :rolleyes:

Disorderly 19-06-2021 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyone (Post 132986)
Disorderly

How did your test go in PP and who did you use? . Thanks.

We used Dr Francisco Caro on La Gola. €40 each. Made the appointment a couple of days after we arrived for the day before we left. All sorted out very quickly in 15 mins and satisfied the re-entry requirements. Highly recommended.

Disorderly 19-06-2021 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 132996)
How long did it you take to go through immigration?

At Liverpool no longer than normal. In fact from stepping off the plane to opening our front door in Lancaster took 1 hr 15mins. A record!

copper 19-06-2021 19:10

When we travelled at Christmas we were told by Boots they couldnt do it we would have to go to a Drive through test centre or of course postal tests

charlotte 19-06-2021 19:17

Thanks for all the info Disorderly our twice moved flights are coming back around on 30 June and we are wondering if we should just go for it!!!
Seems a lot of red tape and expensive testing but so need to get back to PP:o:o

Teflon 19-06-2021 20:34

Charlotte, if you can afford the costs and the admin go for it!!

We have just spent the best 10 days ever here. All the bars and restaurants have been so welcoming and need our support!!

Antigen tests booked tomorrow at DR Mallorca and 2 & 8 day tests booked with Testing for All plus passenger locator forms still to be done but even so it feels safer here and we would do it again just to experience the love and friendship that PP has to offer :)

Mallorca Needs us all......

Disorderly 19-06-2021 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlotte (Post 133008)
Thanks for all the info Disorderly our twice moved flights are coming back around on 30 June and we are wondering if we should just go for it!!!
Seems a lot of red tape and expensive testing but so need to get back to PP:o:o

I felt exactly the same way, Charlotte, but Iím so glad we went.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011