Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Flights
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Cruises
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Currency
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Language
Books
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Links
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Maps
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Kids
Beaches
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Sailing/Watersports
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree95Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 20-06-2021, 10:18
charlotte's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: York
Posts: 122
Default

Think we will go for it

Please could you let me know if I have got everything required on my tick list?

Complete Spanish health form
Book day 2 and 8 tests
before return book and have test with Dr Mallorca
Complete passenger locator form

Also do you know if we decide to book a test to release if that needs to be done before travel?

Thank you for all your help
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #17  
Old 20-06-2021, 17:53
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte View Post
Think we will go for it

Please could you let me know if I have got everything required on my tick list?

Complete Spanish health form
Book day 2 and 8 tests
before return book and have test with Dr Mallorca
Complete passenger locator form

Also do you know if we decide to book a test to release if that needs to be done before travel?

Thank you for all your help
Hello again Charlotte. Yes, you’ve got it all covered there. I always keep copies of health form on iPad, iPhone and printed copy (‘cos I’m a worrier!) and Passenger Locator Form on two devices.

I recommend that you book Test to Release before you come home as there’s a question on the Passenger LocatorForm. You can do it when you get home, but you then have to complete another Passenger Locator Form.

We’ve had on home visit and three daily phone calls since we came home. It feels very intrusive but, to be fair, we chose to visit an “Amber” country knowing this would happen, so we’ve no grounds for complaint!

Hope you have a lovely time and please to let us all know how everything went. We’re hoping to return again in less than 3 weeks.
Sparky, Lorenzo and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by Disorderly; 20-06-2021 at 23:20.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-06-2021, 19:36
El Gordo's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NE
Posts: 1,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
....... We’re hoping to return again in less than 3 weeks.
Hope you are keeping a count!! Best not go over your 90 in 180 days!!

I've only got 4 days of mine left until July!!
__________________
Adios
Gordon

My FlickR Photos
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20-06-2021, 23:26
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Hope you are keeping a count!! Best not go over your 90 in 180 days!!

I've only got 4 days of mine left until July!!
A good point, El Gordo, but there’s no danger of that. Our trips to PP are “a little and often” and there’s no danger if exceeding the 90/180 rule. Nor do we go anywhere else in the EU.

I think next year we have to apply for a Visa Waiver. Yet more post Brexit red tape!
El Gordo likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 21-06-2021, 09:54
El Gordo's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NE
Posts: 1,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
A good point, El Gordo, but there’s no danger of that. Our trips to PP are “a little and often” and there’s no danger if exceeding the 90/180 rule. Nor do we go anywhere else in the EU.

I think next year we have to apply for a Visa Waiver. Yet more post Brexit red tape!
Will the Visa Waiver overcome the Schengen 90 day rule?
__________________
Adios
Gordon

My FlickR Photos
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 21-06-2021, 17:43
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Will the Visa Waiver overcome the Schengen 90 day rule?
No, I don’t believe so. There is some “gold” non-residence status I think you can apply for but I think it requires owning a property over a certain value and proving a certain level of funds lodged in Spain. I’ve not investigated it as it’s of no use to me.
debz1 and El Gordo like this.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 21-06-2021, 19:42
debz1's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 3,005
Default

Brexit the gift that keeps on giving
Disorderly, PP76, El Gordo and 3 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 22-06-2021, 09:04
*****
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 218
Default

Still haven’t decided when we are returning - waiting for the govt to make its mind up about traffic lights and quarantine. However when we do - if we travel with either Ryanair or BA did anybody have to download any ‘COVID documentation’ prior to printing or downloading boarding passes? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 22-06-2021, 09:10
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: South Northants
Posts: 363
Default

I've not booked any return testing yet as I'm waiting to ser what the rules will be after the next uk gov travel announcement on the 24th. It looks like fully vaxed folk returning from amber won't have to quarantine so effectively treated liked a green country.

As far as visa waiver goes I'll wait until next year and see what the new electronic system gives you. For now, getting a gold visa requires a purchase of €500k worth of property which can be several properties and it did cross my mind to buy a rental apartment in the port to create some income but the golden Visa only lasts 12 months and then you need to invest again...
PPToni likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 22-06-2021, 09:39
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Port de Pollenca
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
I've not booked any return testing yet as I'm waiting to ser what the rules will be after the next uk gov travel announcement on the 24th. It looks like fully vaxed folk returning from amber won't have to quarantine so effectively treated liked a green country.

As far as visa waiver goes I'll wait until next year and see what the new electronic system gives you. For now, getting a gold visa requires a purchase of €500k worth of property which can be several properties and it did cross my mind to buy a rental apartment in the port to create some income but the golden Visa only lasts 12 months and then you need to invest again...
Hi Bobley

We've looked in to the all the visas ourselves to help make our decision.

The golden visa actually lasts for two years and you can renew after those two years for another two years as long as you still have the original investment (ie, still own the property you purchased). So you don't need to worry about reinvesting. This also gives you freedom to travel in and out of the country more freely.

Definitely worth thinking about 🙂

Toni
bobley likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 22-06-2021, 09:49
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: oxted, surrey
Posts: 369
Default

Can you get a golden vis if you're an existing owner?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22-06-2021, 10:03
*****
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hampshire and Alcanada
Posts: 842
Default

We returned to Gatwick yesterday and were surprised to see that all the electronic gates were open. No one checked any documents in the UK.

However EasyJet staff in Palma checked that we had our Covid test and Passenger Locator form, so maybe there is some arrangement with the airlines.

We did notice that slightly more people had their passports rejected at the electronic gates so possibly they are programmed to reject a random small percentage.

All in all we were through UK immigration within 5 minutes.

Similarly Palma immigration was also quick.

Pity about the weather when we arrived back though!
Lorenzo likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 22-06-2021, 10:07
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Port de Pollenca
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Can you get a golden vis if you're an existing owner?
Hi Graham

As long as you owned your property after 2013 and it cost 500k or more then yes.
You can also buy another property to make up the deficit.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 22-06-2021, 10:37
*****
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hampshire and Alcanada
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPToni View Post
Hi Graham

As long as you owned your property after 2013 and it cost 500k or more then yes.
You can also buy another property to make up the deficit.
What is the situation if you owned it before 2013?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 22-06-2021, 10:57
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Port de Pollenca
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
What is the situation if you owned it before 2013?
Hi Alcanada

From our research, as the golden visa investor 'law' was only passed in September 2013, any property bought prior to this does not count.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changes to Returning Hire Cars at the Airport graham Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca 16 07-10-2016 17:36
Returning to PP - Catalina 1 Shellyz Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente 0 12-01-2016 14:00
Returning car full of petrol? Which companies? erin5608 Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca 11 26-07-2012 22:05
Pines returning to PP. Sparky Flora & Fauna 0 25-04-2011 11:13
Returning home and Palma Airport Portofan Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca 9 30-08-2005 23:28


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011