Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2020, 12:24

Default Check your Easyjet flights!

Easyjet have just published their new timetable, so it is important that if you already have a booking then you check it is one of the flights which are operating.

I suggest that you try to make a new booking for the flight for which you have a reservation. If it says "sold out" then there is s good chance that flight will not operate and you will eventually be cancelled. It is possible (but not likely) that the flight is indeed full, however if you try to book a flight in June to Palma all flights are shown as "sold out" even though we know that there are no flights. Another way is to try to change your seat which will show whether the flight is indeed full.

Easyjet are cancelling flights approximately two weeks before the departure date.

It is noticeable that there are fewer flights than previously, which is in line with EJ's announcement.
Sharonh, kate1 and Gp1602 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2020, 14:47

Thank you! I have just managed to move some flights quickly.
Old 05-06-2020, 16:14

Thanks do you know how far forward they have planned?
Old 05-06-2020, 17:28

[QUOTE=MPH133;130098]Thanks do you know how far forward they have planned?[/

Quote from the Guardian
The airline (easyJet) said it would be flying half of its 1,022 routes in July and 75% in August, although with lower frequencies – amounting to just under a third of its normal peak season capacity.

So that is a lot less flights.

If you have a flight booked later it is worth checking as demand could be fierce
Old 05-06-2020, 18:44

[QUOTE=alcanadakid;130099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH133 View Post
Thanks do you know how far forward they have planned?[/

Quote from the Guardian
The airline (easyJet) said it would be flying half of its 1,022 routes in July and 75% in August, although with lower frequencies – amounting to just under a third of its normal peak season capacity.

So that is a lot less flights.

If you have a flight booked later it is worth checking as demand could be fierce
Thanks i have moved 3 flights in July and August
My flights for September to April are still scheduled to fly but that may change of course
alcanadakid likes this.
Old 05-06-2020, 21:33

Thank you so much for this as had not realised this was the case at all
alcanadakid likes this.
Old 05-06-2020, 21:33

Thank You, Just managed to move our July and August flights. They seem to only be flying one flight a day. You're correct though as I went to change seats on my original sold out flight and there were loads to choose from!
Also added a cheeky extra day to each holiday for my trouble
alcanadakid, kate1 and Gp1602 like this.
Old 06-06-2020, 16:06

Trouble is I booked a couple of weeks ago for 10 July at a cheap price but the one flight now available (both out and back) is much more expensive. I called Easyjet today and even though I am lucky enough to be an Easyjet club member I would still have to pay the considerable difference in cost. The phone operator said (probably towing the company line) these flights were not cancelled yet but were awaiting a scheduling review!! But also said if and when they are cancelled I should be able to transfer at no extra cost. Will believe it when I see it but let's see and I will let all know how I get on........
Gp1602 and ChrisW like this.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:04

Oh for the halcyon days of Monarch.
Seriously weve used both Easyjet and Jet 2 to fly to PP. Both airlines gave fault less service, however, Jet 2 came out on top in our opinion. Unfortunately in the present climate some airlines and travel companies appear to be playing fast and loose ,both with our money and emotions.
joey36 and Gp1602 like this.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:42

Having transferred from our supposed sold out flight from Stanstead to a Luton flight as of this morning this now shows as sold out?
Old 07-06-2020, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamierun26 View Post
Having transferred from our supposed sold out flight from Stanstead to a Luton flight as of this morning this now shows as sold out?
Suggest you try to change seats which will give you an idea if it is truly sold out.

There is no doubt that with only a third of the flights operatings flights will get sold out. Distinuishing which is which is not easy.
Old 07-06-2020, 13:35

I think this is awful that they are not warning people. Had it not been for this forum I would not have picked up on this and my flight would not have gone as it looks like every flight out of Liverpool is not operating to Palma in July.
Sparky and kate1 like this.
Old 07-06-2020, 16:35

Default Easyjet Contact

Has anyone had any success contacting Easyjet Customer Services and if so what number have you used? Every time I have tried numerous times on different days and all I get is a recorded message either to go online or call back later because 'our lines are busy'
Old 07-06-2020, 17:32

Alcanadakid, thanks for the warning on this sort of consideration.

It's made me check our own flights booked for Aug (with Ryanair) and our outgoing flight is marked as "sold out" whereas other flights with RA that same day (and same MAN to PMI) are still accepting bookings.

So it has got me thinking what to do.

But << Suggest you try to change seats which will give you an idea if it is truly sold out >> this wouldn't give a good indication as even on a sold out flight, there will always be a lot of unallocated seats as only a proportion of passengers are willing to pay the extra for reserved seating (or am I missing something ?)
Old 07-06-2020, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipet View Post
Has anyone had any success contacting Easyjet Customer Services and if so what number have you used? Every time I have tried numerous times on different days and all I get is a recorded message either to go online or call back later because 'our lines are busy'
Best way of contacting them in my opinion is via twitter - But last week when they should have released flights they didn’t even respond on that!