Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Luckjon
  • 3 Post By Bootledodger
  • 3 Post By Bircho
  • 2 Post By ricky230
  • 1 Post By bobley
  • 4 Post By ricky230
  • 2 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 10:22

Default Air Corridors

I was wondering if anyone knew how close Majorca, or the Balearic Islands in general where to the UK Governments measure of 20 Coronavirus cases per 100'000 citizens?
This seems to be widely reported as the measure to open air corridors right?
I've got a flight booked mid October and want to be on it sooooo bad!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2020, 13:02

I don't think you can predict was this government ( or Dominic Cummings ) will decide what new rules will be implemented this afternoon let alone in a few weeks time. The rate in the UK today was 112 per 100,000 with spain about three times higher. There is unrestricted travel to Ireland where the rate is 88 per 100,000.
Balearic health authority are good at giving precise figures which can be broken down for each municipality but trends and comparisons are more obscure.
jaimethelad likes this.
Old 01-10-2020, 19:15

I hear what you’re saying re Dom Cummings & the governments random decision making with no clear rules or common sense! I’m just fed up with it all
But thanks for your thoughts ����
Old 02-10-2020, 18:35

The reasons rules/restrictions keep changing is fairly obvious - the circumstances that determine the rules/restrictions keep changing.
alcanadakid, Lorenzo and copper like this.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:57

Don't you just have to make sure you book a flight that lands before 10pm (not sure if that is GMT, BST or CET) as the virus only spreads after 10pm. Oh and make sure there was 6 or less of you as its the 7th person who spreads it.
fil6699, Miller and jaimethelad like this.
Old 15-10-2020, 15:23

Default Proposed air corridor

Hi
My wife and I were booked to come to PP this week, but the mooted air corridor proposals ( Mallorca daily news report) stopped us in our tracks. A swab is taken at the airport in the absence of a negative test in the UK and if positive you can’t come in or you quarantine for two weeks in a hotel chosen by the government.
Another test is needed 48 hours before the end of the holiday and again if positive you are quarantined for two weeks but not at your own place. Followed by either 2 more weeks in the UK or if you get a false positive in spain ANOTHER two weeks in the Spanish hotel. There are 20% false positives so in theory you could be trapped for weeks and weeks.
We are going to cancel if there is a chance of this being announced while we are in Mallorca. It’s too risky, even though we are keen to return to our apartment,

Thoughts or better information anyone?
Old 15-10-2020, 18:19

This was announced as a “basis for negotiation”. The Balearic government has to complete negotiations and set up a workable island wide testing protocol and quarantine accommodation before this can be implemented......not the work of hours or days. In my opinion if (and it is an if) this policy is adopted, it will take considerable time to implement. I wouldn’t worry for now.
Old 15-10-2020, 20:21

As usual with this crisis there is not enough data to make a logical decision. If they did proceed it would decimate what little interest there was in going to Mallorca. I can see the point of testing inbound traffic, but a 48 hour test for people leaving the Island makes no sense at all. How can that help reduce infections, the individual with a positive test is heading away from Mallorca so speaking logically it’s not their problem.
Disorderly and Rosie34 like this.
Old 16-10-2020, 14:51

UK infection rate is 23 right now (per 100,000 per day which is the common measure). Nowhere near the quoted 50? Although the article says accumulated cases which is 990/100,000 today???

Balearic rate is 10 / 100,000.day and falling

If you're staying in your own apartment then you'll struggle to catch COVID if you take normal precautions. If you intend hitting the karaoke every night on the town then....?

If you got tested on the way back and prove positive (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) it says the regional gov would cover the costs...not throw you in a cell. If you have your own accommodation then carry on as you were. Get some good books and hope for the best.

As long as you take precautions you'll be fine.

http://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/...corridors.html
Bootledodger likes this.
Old 16-10-2020, 15:01

I agree with this, but sadly we've bailed. The thought of 2 weeks stuck in the UK house upon our return is so depressing it spoils the holiday.And that's not even thinking about all the other problems we've discussed above. Its just too stressful, holidays are not meant to be like that.

Our Government are beyond inept. They didn't have quarantine in place at the outset because they said it made no difference as there were so many infections. When the rate came right down after lockdown they introduced it...fair enough. But now the rates are soaring, we are almost back to square one, so imported infections wont effect the R rate, as they originally said in March, and yet they still keep quarantine going, crippling the travel industry.

This is the Government that lost 16000 infected cases because they used Excel as their "database", ( its a spreadsheet totally unsuited to this) and worse still, they used a 2007 version with a bug that stopped recording after row 65!!!!!!!!!!! I think it was free with PC World Magazine in 2007.

I give up, I really do.
Old 16-10-2020, 15:36

Sounds like you'll be applying for residential status soon. Im tempted
Old 16-10-2020, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky230 View Post
I agree with this, but sadly we've bailed. The thought of 2 weeks stuck in the UK house upon our return is so depressing it spoils the holiday.And that's not even thinking about all the other problems we've discussed above. Its just too stressful, holidays are not meant to be like that.

Our Government are beyond inept. They didn't have quarantine in place at the outset because they said it made no difference as there were so many infections. When the rate came right down after lockdown they introduced it...fair enough. But now the rates are soaring, we are almost back to square one, so imported infections wont effect the R rate, as they originally said in March, and yet they still keep quarantine going, crippling the travel industry.

This is the Government that lost 16000 infected cases because they used Excel as their "database", ( its a spreadsheet totally unsuited to this) and worse still, they used a 2007 version with a bug that stopped recording after row 65!!!!!!!!!!! I think it was free with PC World Magazine in 2007.

I give up, I really do.
You have perfectly summed up my feelings on this useless government and the way they have mismanaged since the start of the Pandemic.

Excel spreadsheet!!!!
Rosie34 and ragdollabbi like this.