Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 14:53

well...just as the dust starts to settle following our cancelled flights, than I get another email saying my daughter's flight has been cancelled! Managed to get onto one two days later. Now wondering about the flights back!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2020, 21:27

Yep, my daughter had a flight booked for July 21st. Booked it in Jan.

Cancelled today, the next one she could get on was 26th July...

Not good!

C
Old 04-07-2020, 10:04

Angry

My daughter's flight on 22nd was cancelled and no viable options available. Which means the grandchildren will forgo their holiday with us

Disappointment all round.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:18

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
My daughter's flight on 22nd was cancelled and no viable options available. Which means the grandchildren will forgo their holiday with us

That’s awful. I am sorry to hear this. Not fair how late these cancellations are taking place. How annoying
Old 04-07-2020, 11:29

Just to flip this on its head for a minute ---- I have in-laws both with dementia in their 80 s locked down in a nursing home in the UK and have not seen them in the flesh since Feb -- Skype / face time is difficult to say the least but it brings some contact -- I have lost count how many flights have been cancelled , appear for sale and then just disappear from the schedules , I am just relieved that the 14 day quarantine has been lifted for arrivals to the UK and hope that may be just maybe I will get back to the UK sometime in the not too distant future - to an airport thats not at the opposite end of the country to them.
Jimbo the Jambo and car77 like this.
Old 04-07-2020, 13:13

Quote:

So very sorry to hear that. Such a shame and disappointing for you all.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:32

Ive got fingers crossed that our flight on 20th July will go ahead now, (it seems you can still book seats and its 14 days now). However they have moved our return flight to the Friday morning (originally afternoon) which is a bit disappointing, and despite the promise to amend without charge we have to pay if we want to move to the Saturday morning.But 11 days is fantastic. Both Nord villas and Terry's car hire have been great. Just the airport parking to amend now. For something that was booked back in September 2019 - its turning to to be stressful, and then only the worry of potential redundancies when we return. If I had hair Id pull it out....oh well.
Old 06-07-2020, 16:24

I'd almost forgotten about our flights back, but I just happened to log onto the EJ web site and saw that our return flights and my daughter's (who was returning with us) was cancelled on the 26th July.

So jumped into the options and found a late flight back for us on the same day...phew and booked it. Then went straight into my daughters booking to do the same and that flight said 'sold out'!!

Honestly you couldn't make it up and now she's coming back the next day.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
I'd almost forgotten about our flights back, but I just happened to log onto the EJ web site and saw that our return flights and my daughter's (who was returning with us) was cancelled on the 26th July.

So jumped into the options and found a late flight back for us on the same day...phew and booked it. Then went straight into my daughters booking to do the same and that flight said 'sold out'!!

Honestly you couldn't make it up and now she's coming back the next day.
Sorry to hear that Rockape. It is very frustrating. My daughters outward flight was cancelled, but not the return flight. I am not sure how that works for refunds
Old 07-07-2020, 14:26

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Rockape. It is very frustrating. My daughters outward flight was cancelled, but not the return flight. I am not sure how that works for refunds
They cancel the flights about 16 days before the date, so they will probably cancel it whenever she gets to that 16 days before date. The other thing is that the car hire has to be rebooked, which I've now done three times. You'd think you could just adjust the return time by 4 hrs (which is all it was second time).....but oh no, you have to cancel it and start all over again and a highly inflated price.

On the upside, at least its now looking like we'll get to our place for the first time this year!
Old 07-07-2020, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
They cancel the flights about 16 days before the date, so they will probably cancel it whenever she gets to that 16 days before date. The other thing is that the car hire has to be rebooked, which I've now done three times. You'd think you could just adjust the return time by 4 hrs (which is all it was second time).....but oh no, you have to cancel it and start all over again and a highly inflated price.

On the upside, at least its now looking like we'll get to our place for the first time this year!
But if the return flight is operating, will they be able to cancel and get a refund?
Old 07-07-2020, 17:23

Quote:
But if the return flight is operating, will they be able to cancel and get a refund?
Ive read about people with that situation and its not straightforward apparantly!

Its a total mess, thats for sure!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:22

Just wondered if anyone else has actually managed to receive a voucher or refund from Easyjet for a cancelled flight yet? I requested a voucher on line on 12th June. Website says you should get it via email in 3-4 days but I've had nothing, and it's impossible to get through to them on the phone.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieV View Post
Just wondered if anyone else has actually managed to receive a voucher or refund from Easyjet for a cancelled flight yet? I requested a voucher on line on 12th June. Website says you should get it via email in 3-4 days but I've had nothing, and it's impossible to get through to them on the phone.
I got an email voucher within minutes.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:41

Hmm, that's what I expected, so now I'm starting to think something went wrong with my request