Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2021, 22:57

Easyjet have just emailed me cancelling a return flight from Palma to Gatwick but outbound flight is still scheduled. Have phoned and emailed them and have not yet had an answer. A bit baffling.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2021, 23:09

Teacu and Luckjon, understand your frustrations and perhaps some reticence to return to the idyll that is PP. But at least we are talking about trying to return and support the wonderful restaurants, bars and people that have looked after us all so well over many many years
Old 12-03-2021, 00:59

Roig Cat - thanks for your reply. Just to be sure, is it based on a real experience ?

Teflon - personally, I have no qualms about returning to PP in May (I’m 70 and by then should have had my second jab). But our group includes younger adults and small children and I would not want to put them at risk. Added to which, if there were to be still restrictions in PP (restaurant/bar opening hours, etc) even I would not feel it would be ‘the same’
Old 12-03-2021, 10:36

Ive had my flight times changed in late May, but not much of an inconvenience. The biggest issue is the car hire, I have to cancel and rebook as you can't turn up a few hours after your slot, you end up losing the whole booking.
Old 12-03-2021, 17:07

Thanks for reminding me about car hire Rockape. Just amended mine and had to pay €10 more for a day less
Old 12-03-2021, 17:10

Teflon - no reticence here either! In fact the opposite - we cannot wait to return and like Teacu will have had the second jab within the next month.

The flight that was cancelled was a really cheap one - so I have used Easyjet's cancellation policy to the max and changed it to a very expensive peak season flight.
Old 12-03-2021, 18:44

I tell you what, in the last year I’ve lost count of the number of easyJet flights I’ve had cancelled and moved to other dates. I’m on the very first flight that goes that I’m allowed to travel on. COVID rates in our area have plummeted, my wife and I will have both vaccinations before we travel and, despite the rollout of vaccines in Mallorca being a bit on the slow side, rates are encouragingly low. Providing the Balearics are careful who they let in, I don’t feel any anxiety at all.
Old 13-03-2021, 00:11

Us too. Booked to fly on May 26th. We'll have had both vaccinations by then, hopefully all will be fine. 5 weeks there, then back again at the end of August
Sharonh and Tangoman like this.
Old 13-03-2021, 03:33

Hi Teacu, yes, personal experience. I’ve had numerous flights cancelled and changed over the last 12 months. I changed one return flight to two separate outbound flights on different dates ( only way I didn’t have to pay more) only to find that when one of the flights was cancelled- EJ refunded both the flights when I applied for a refund even though the second flight was still running and I still wanted it!
Old 13-03-2021, 09:37

Roig Cat & Luckjon - thanks again, your posts prompted me to overcome my cynicism (about being stuck with only return flights) and the EasyJet website allowed me to transfer (for free) all our flights from May 2021 to May 2022..
Old 15-03-2021, 11:03

I too have had loads canclled, but was emailed the other day about some vouchers that the use by date is being extended. I didn't think I had any vouchers!

I need to investigate.

I'm due to come over late May, but not sure if I'll get my second jab by then....its going to be close, so looking forward to hearing the criteria for travelling when they decide.
Old 17-03-2021, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
I too have had loads canclled, but was emailed the other day about some vouchers that the use by date is being extended. I didn't think I had any vouchers!

I need to investigate.

I'm due to come over late May, but not sure if I'll get my second jab by then....its going to be close, so looking forward to hearing the criteria for travelling when they decide.
Hi Rockape,
we had the same thing, although we knew we had some vouchers, these were ones we didn't expect.
When I phoned easyJet, they were indeed ours, and so we used them for flight alterations and added baggage
PP76 likes this.
Old 18-03-2021, 11:56

Easyjet seem to be bending over backwards to keep customers happy. Had an email from them this morning to say that a flight I have booked for September has a new flight time (2 hours earlier). If the new time is not suitable they offer the same deal as for cancellation - change flight; voucher; refund.

Whilst I am not happy with Easyjet for abandoning my local airport at Southend (now have to battle round the M25 to Gatwick) my recent experiences of their customer service will keep me 'on board'.
mallorcaboy and Bootledodger like this.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:00

Yeah, my flight times on 23/5 were literally changed by ten mins and they offered all the options to cancel etc. I actually bought shares in EJ recently, as Ive been so impressed with their handling of the situation. (they are doing well too!)
mallorcaboy and Golfaholics like this.
Old 20-05-2021, 10:36

I would suggest your check your EJ flights if you have one. We have just discovered that one flight was cancelled without being informed. It seems that they are only operating on Mondays and Wednesdays from Gatwick for the first three weeks of June