Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2020, 15:27

Cool

Easyjet have just emailed me to say the aircraft for my return flight (22nd July and outside the 21 day notice period) has been changed. Wishfull thinking says why change the aircraft if not intending to fly??

Happy to join Rockape's welcome party along with home brought mask and hand sanitiser!!
Gp1602 and Rockape like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-06-2020, 12:24

Just had the email saying my flight has been cancelled! Was offered a flight a few days later and while I was waiting to talk to my wife it obviously filled straight up and there are no others. What a bloody nightmare!

And I was picking up my daughter who was coming out a few days later......which is still on currently!

Last edited by Rockape; 30-06-2020 at 12:36.
Old 30-06-2020, 15:32

If the breaking news is true ....Easyjet to lay off staff & close hubs I cant see alot being available this summer....
Old 30-06-2020, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Just had the email saying my flight has been cancelled! Was offered a flight a few days later and while I was waiting to talk to my wife it obviously filled straight up and there are no others. What a bloody nightmare!

And I was picking up my daughter who was coming out a few days later......which is still on currently!
Thats awful, BA have flights but they are expensive
Old 30-06-2020, 15:51

Quote:

Maybe try again - I am on a flight from LGW on the 15th and it has just come back on sale. Wasn't there earlier today
Old 30-06-2020, 16:06

Quote:

That is awful - what airport and date were you due to fly? I suggest you call them - they will take an age to answer - but some flights showing Sold Out still have availability for people like you who have had to switch flights.....
Old 30-06-2020, 16:15

I'm thinking of abandoning July now.....it seems to be a right mess and just wait until our August trip. Seems a bit weird going away anyway, when Ive just had 3 months doing nothing work wise and we need to get our business moving again.

Crap times!
Old 30-06-2020, 19:36

Feel for you Rockape and all others in a similar situation, but always remember PP is the best place to make you feel better.

Good luck
Miller likes this.
Old 30-06-2020, 19:51

So poor of Easyjet. BA have cancelled our flight at the end of August from Palma back to Manchester so they are all messed up with their schedules. Very frustrating to manage.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Feel for you Rockape and all others in a similar situation, but always remember PP is the best place to make you feel better.

Good luck
Thanks Teflon....I was looking at the web site last night and saw that the Saturday was available to book but I (cancelled my Thurs flights) wasn't offered it as an option to change to. So I called EJ and sat on hold for 90mins before giving up. This morning I happened to look at the flight details, wondering how I had to cancel it when I spotted there was now a flight out early on the Friday.

Couldn't quite believe my eyes, as there were no others for days....so snapped it up. Not sure Mrs Rockape will be please with a 6am flight, but hey ho, hopefully were back on again!

Then had to cancel my car hire and rebook, initially looking at a 500 increase, but cancelled that and booked Dollar via the EJ web site for a good price. What a saga!
Gp1602 and Teflon like this.
Old 01-07-2020, 13:27

Hi Rockape, glad you persisted and hopefully all will be good from here on in. If you are on the 06.00 from Gatwick on Friday the 10th we are on the same flight.
You will easily recognise us we will both be wearing face masks !!!!!
Gp1602 and Shaun&Caro like this.
Old 01-07-2020, 13:42

Well, Had the email from easyjet to say flight cancelled on 18th July, managed to change this to the 20th July, (Although this is now showing as sold out). No news on the return flight on the 31st July!!! - Might have to take my laptop so I can work in case we get stranded. With the continued 'flip flopping' from the UK government, who knows what will happen with airbridges, FCO advice etc etc. Although our travel policy confirmed we are covered even with current FCO advice. All a bit frustrating as the border is open and Spain will allow us to enter, and the 14 day quarantine in UK does not cause us too much of an issue. I think if this is cancelled I will switch to Ryan air, something tells me with O'learys attitude, they will fly. But who knows.
Gp1602 likes this.
Old 01-07-2020, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Hi Rockape, glad you persisted and hopefully all will be good from here on in. If you are on the 06.00 from Gatwick on Friday the 10th we are on the same flight.
You will easily recognise us we will both be wearing face masks !!!!!
We're a week behind you......hopefully!
Teflon likes this.
Old 01-07-2020, 20:04

Personally I would check any flights booked as all the airlines are making changes !

Trouble with TUI to Lanzarote from Bournemouth in September Had read about other airlines so checked my flight They have cut their fights down to one a week from there and ours is cancelled but we havent been contacted at all ! I want to change the flight to 3 days earlier but after long conversation with TUI fee to do this 500 !!plus extra 55 for the increase in the flights Even though our flight isnt going If we wait until they contact us they do it for free but this could be any time and if we want to change the villa we have booked we need to do it soon I did say if we cant change it we will have to cancel then they will lose all the money !

Any other year we would go to Gatwick if this happened but would rather not this year and all the flights from there seem very unreliable as well

So good luck all
Old 01-07-2020, 20:35

Copper that sounds frustrating. Hope you get it sorted ��
copper likes this.