Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2020, 08:45

Keep checking those Easyjet bookings - my outbound flight which was showing as 'Sold Out' on Saturday has now been re-instated (good job I did noy pay for a flight change)!!
Seems to be no reason for the change but until governments give clear advice on flight strategy I suppose we can only expect timetable alterations and last minute changes
Tommo and Gp1602 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2020, 14:01

My Faro flight changed this am from 6 am to 6 pm!
Old 08-06-2020, 14:27

Oh I give up! I changed one of my "Sold out" flights at the weekend to one that was available and now that is sold out! Should I change yet again?
Old 08-06-2020, 14:32

Well - gives us something to moan about �� maybe we would have better luck trying to guess the lottery numbers ....
car77 likes this.
Old 08-06-2020, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post
Alcanadakid, thanks for the warning on this sort of consideration.

It's made me check our own flights booked for Aug (with Ryanair) and our outgoing flight is marked as "sold out" whereas other flights with RA that same day (and same MAN to PMI) are still accepting bookings.

So it has got me thinking what to do.

But << Suggest you try to change seats which will give you an idea if it is truly sold out >> this wouldn't give a good indication as even on a sold out flight, there will always be a lot of unallocated seats as only a proportion of passengers are willing to pay the extra for reserved seating (or am I missing something ?)
I agree that there will be a lot of passengers who don’t book seats But if you look at the speedy boarders they have free seat choice so you can get an idea from looking at the first 6 rows with Easyjet. Not sure what the equivalent is with Ryanair.
It is not foolproof though, just an indicator
Old 08-06-2020, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Keep checking those Easyjet bookings - my outbound flight which was showing as 'Sold Out' on Saturday has now been re-instated (good job I did noy pay for a flight change)!!
Seems to be no reason for the change but until governments give clear advice on flight strategy I suppose we can only expect timetable alterations and last minute changes
Flight changes are free of charge with easyJet providing the flight is not within 14 days
Old 08-06-2020, 19:52

Jet2 have announced today that they have cancelled everything up until July 15 now
Old 08-06-2020, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Flight changes are free of charge with easyJet providing the flight is not within 14 days
Agreed Alcanadakid but you still have to pay the difference in fare if the new flight is more expensive - which mine were

Last edited by Teflon; 08-06-2020 at 21:03.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:06

Flights seem to be in chaos.

I changed my "sold out" flight to one operating, now that flight is sold out and the original one running!

The difference is in the flight number the new flight is an EZY number whereas the old one was EJU.

EZY flights are UK based while EJU flights are Europe based - not sure whether that is the reason.

Fortunately there is no charge to change the flights, but it is worth keeping an eye on your flights.
roig cat likes this.
Old 18-06-2020, 12:44

All Easyjet flights from Gatwick are currently showing 'Sold Out' until 17th July
Old 18-06-2020, 14:07

Quote:
All Easyjet flights from Gatwick are currently showing 'Sold Out' until 17th July
Interesting - I am supposedly flying out on 15th July and had an email a couple of days ago to change the seat number as they had put a different aircraft on that flight. Currently there are 43 seats reserved

Who knows!
Old 18-06-2020, 14:29

Ha! I've changed mine for the 4th time to fly from Luton as now all sold out at Gatwick until 17th July!
I think this will be my last attempt as there seems to be very few flights left and now very expensive and I'm thoroughly fed up with it all!!

Car
Gp1602 and Teflon like this.
Old 19-06-2020, 10:04

Outbound flight on 10th July now re-instated!!!

Also showing some outbound flights available from 2nd July. It's a mess but to be fair there is still a lack of direction from government. Until quarantine and airbridges are sorted out formally I guess it's going to be a routine daily check of the Easyjet website!!
Gp1602 likes this.
Old 19-06-2020, 10:22

Quote:
During the course of yesterday easyJet drastically increased the prices for all their July LGW to PMI flights where they’re only now scheduled to operate one flight a day compared to the usual five to seven. I expect they went offline briefly for the new increased fares to be loaded.

Trying to see positive side of easyJet taking this step is that, applying the economics of supply and demand, it’s an indication that they’re currently intending to operate this reduced service.
Old 19-06-2020, 11:07

Quote:

Also showing some outbound flights available from 2nd July. It's a mess but to be fair there is still a lack of direction from government. Until quarantine and airbridges are sorted out formally I guess it's going to be a routine daily check of the Easyjet website!!
EJ say that they will inform you of a flight cancellation at least 21 says in advance - which yours is today. So it looks like you will be flying!

Eh ..... perhaps!
Gp1602 and Teflon like this.