Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-2021, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Just to help things along (not), we recently booked to flights to East Midlands to visit our son who lives n Leicester, only to find out on monday that travel there is not reccomended!! How lucky can we be??
Advice not to travel to/from Leicester - and Blackburn Burnley Bolton etc is fake news. These areas are under the same advice as everywhere else in England.

The Government web updater person slipped up, and inserted something into the 'advice' web page he/she shouldn't have.

The cynics amongst you may wonder whether this was a ploy to divert attention from Cummins grilling this morning. People would then be more interested in their holidays than Cummins answers.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2021, 14:10

Same plan for us Rockape - hope to see you on the plane, we will be the couple with all our fingers and toes still crossed !!!
Gp1602, Tangoman and Rockape like this.
Old 26-05-2021, 15:38

Well Clinkham, it didn't divert my attention; I have been glued to TV all day watching Dominic Cummings clinically dissecting Boris. Great stuff.

I will admit it did really annoy me for a couple of days before the truth went out. But not to worry, Dominic is giving out plenty of truth now; I can almost hear Boris squirming!!
Old 26-05-2021, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Well Clinkham, it didn't divert my attention; I have been glued to TV all day watching Dominic Cummings clinically dissecting Boris. Great stuff.

I will admit it did really annoy me for a couple of days before the truth went out. But not to worry, Dominic is giving out plenty of truth now; I can almost hear Boris squirming!!
And what has this to do with flights to Mallorca??
PP76, Sparky, lollipop and 2 others like this.
Old 26-05-2021, 22:38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
And what has this to do with flights to Mallorca??
Totally agree, please lets get back on topic .
PP76 and Tangoman like this.
Old 27-05-2021, 18:01

Fingers crossed, our flight out from Liverpool to Palma on 5th June seems to be going, though it’s the last easyJet flight then until July, from either Liverpool or Manchester. I asked easyJet what their strategy was, and why so many flights had been cancelled when clearly there is demand from folk like us.....retired second home owners who can happily deal with testing and quarantine, but they were unable to offer any explanation. But we could fly from Luton?????? Have they been leant upon by government, I wonder. Hidden subsidies not to fly? Anyway, our return flight on 17th is with the dreaded Ryanair so yet more crossing of fingers! At least I should be able to get my car through it’s ITV! And visit our apartment at last. Am I the only one who thinks 2021 is a worse year than 2020? Ah well, there’s some hope now and (just) maybe, the Balearics may come onto the Green list on 8th June.
Old 27-05-2021, 18:16

I just logged into easyjet to find I've got 2 cancelled flights to use!! Thinking of coming on the 17th for 3 weeks.... I'm getting very close to not coming home again...
Disorderly and Rockape like this.
Old 09-06-2021, 13:18

There has been another cull of flights. Many flights in first half of July cancelled including mine.
Probably done me a favour as I was banking on Green to travel!
HarrysDad and Magic Hat like this.
Old 09-06-2021, 14:20

Default Cancelled Flights

Hi Roig Cat

Can you possibly give me any details, or a link, to check out where and when the cancelled flights are from/to??
Old 09-06-2021, 20:40

If you look at easyJet’s website it’s easy to see the difference to their schedule for the first half of July compared to the second. My cancelled flights were from Bristol Thursday and Tuesdays.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 09-06-2021, 21:14

Yes, easyJet have now extended their cancellations until mid-July outrageously without yet sending customers any email notifications.

Their culled schedule of one flight per week from Gatwick has been extended by several weeks and only eventually rises to two per week by the middle of the month. Their schedule in the second half of the July is also reduced enormously.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:44

The lovely folk at EasyJet have just cancelled my flight from Gatwick on Sat 10 July and there are no replacements until the Monday. They didn’t feel like telling me, I only found out when I tried to check in online

Looks like I’ll have to roll the dice on BA from Heathrow
Old 10-06-2021, 12:16

My sat 3rd july evening flight to luton just got cancelled which has helped because I've got a free transfer onto the more expensive sunday 4th daytime flight so I can get my D2 test done as I walk to the car which is also in the mid stay car park.

I'm sure folks are upset about the cancellations and the fact the email took a while to arrive but the flights affected are still a month away. Easyjet have been very good at allowing alternatives and transfers and we'd be up the creek without them!
Sharonh likes this.
Old 10-06-2021, 14:45

Our flight home to Luton on July 1st has been cancelled. Changed free to 4th July. We got the email today. This has happened a few times this year, but I'm not complaining. All businesses have to manage the pandemic as best they can.
pollensa and Sharonh like this.
Old 10-06-2021, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by roig cat View Post
There has been another cull of flights. Many flights in first half of July cancelled including mine.
Probably done me a favour as I was banking on Green to travel!
Thanks for the heads up . Two of our flights have been cancelled and we managed to find an alternative. No email from EJ yet