Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 07:56

Thumbs up June 17th jet2 and Ryanair

Hi everyone, just wondering from the locals if they feel that with jet2 and Ryanair say they are starting to fly out from the 17th June , is there any talk from and restaurants or bars along with the lesser restrictions by then that there is hope for the port and the island ? We’re hoping to be on one of these first flights as long as we aloud to fly from Scotland and our restrictions are lesser also
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2020, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg1973 View Post
Hi everyone, just wondering from the locals if they feel that with jet2 and Ryanair say they are starting to fly out from the 17th June , is there any talk from and restaurants or bars along with the lesser restrictions by then that there is hope for the port and the island ? We’re hoping to be on one of these first flights as long as we aloud to fly from Scotland and our restrictions are lesser also
Can you please provide a link to this news Meg?

Sounds good.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:21

https://www.facebook.com/11015505097...7251895480098/
Old 01-05-2020, 08:24

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/exact...e-off-21845022
Old 01-05-2020, 09:32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry Meg but i honestly don't think it will happen, i can't see people from outside of Spain being allowed in until July/August at the earliest .
Old 01-05-2020, 09:38

Our next flights are on the 17th June when we are due to come out for the summer, I think we will be lucky if we are allowed back anytime in either July or August😢
Old 01-05-2020, 09:39

Quote:
These are from 4 weeks ago.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:45

Hi sparky , I do think is very brave for the airlines to say this , the cynical side of me thinks are they just trying to get revenue in knowing that it’s not going to happen!
Jimbo the Jambo likes this.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
These are from 4 weeks ago.
If you go onto jet2 site you click on date you want to travel and it’s starting on 17th June
Old 01-05-2020, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Sorry Meg but i honestly don't think it will happen, i can't see people from outside of Spain being allowed in until July/August at the earliest .
Sparky, I have to agree with you, and reiterating what I said in a previous post, I don't think I'd want to travel anywhere this summer. We wouldn't expect Mallorca, or any other country, to accept people from other countries while this pandemic is still ongoing. I hope UK are also vigilant about allowing people into the country as well. We are normally in PP twice or three times a year and we'd love to be coming to PP this year but sadly we won't be travelling anywhere, as the thought of being in an airport and on a flight are just not worth the risk. Life is more important than a holiday at the minute. Stay safe everyone
Sparky, Janet, JAG59 and 3 others like this.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:02
Super Moderator

I just read this article :- https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-tourists.html

Part of it says this :-

Quote:
She did stress however how important it will be to lift the blockade as soon as possible in order to give the tourist industry a vital lift.

Travel between provinces and islands in Spain has been banned until at least June 22 but when air and land borders will be reopened for foreign tourists remains to decided upon.
Old 02-05-2020, 18:17

We are due out on August 30th, just can’t seeing happening?? Don’t fancy flights either!! Quite nervous, hopefully back next year xx
Old 03-05-2020, 09:22

could not agree more we are due to come in September but don't fancy being a plane with 200+ passengers. We are over 70 so we are looking at just staying in the UK. we have been coming to PP for 36 years mostly twice a year so it will be a great wrench for us sadly.
Old 03-05-2020, 15:56

We are similar to you due out in June but probably just as well they wont be flying as otherwise would have had to make our own decision

Think we first came in the 70s missed some years but been coming back twice yearly for many years Still cant work out how any sort of self distancing would work in Restaurants and Bars so will have to wait for Vaccine
Old 04-05-2020, 13:33

From reading all the differing statements from various government officials and ministers I think the following would be a fair summary:-

Travel between the islands and the Spanish mainland could be allowed from 22nd June.
The Balearics tourist industry is working on the assumption that only Spanish tourism will recommence in any significant volume this summer. Some tourism from 'clean' EU states may be allowed later in the season.

I think it not unreasonable to guess that there will be little or no travel for tourism between the UK and Spain this year.
Mark, El Gordo, Sparky and 1 others like this.