Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2020, 09:54

Default Flight refunds for cancelled flights

I was just wondering what our combined experience is regarding getting refunds for cancelled flights?

We had an April return BA flight to San Francisco cancelled and we got the refund 7 days later.

We had a March return Easyjet flight to Palma cancelled and are still waiting.

I appreciate the airlines have a cash flow problem and it may take some time, but maybe some airlines are better than others?
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2020, 10:05

Hi. Yes we are the same. Had flights for early April which we requested a refund for on March 16 and still haven’t had it. Their website says “can take up to 30 days from date of travel”. We should have flown home yesterday so we think it will be 30 days from yesterday. They will string it out for as long as possible! Interestingly though - if you request a voucher it will be no more than 7 days wait ...
Old 18-04-2020, 13:42

April 4th Flight cancelled by Jet2, claimed refund by phone 48 hours before flight and money was in account same day (did say it could take 7 working days). Looking to move June flight which has also been cancelled in to next year.
Old 18-04-2020, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
April 4th Flight cancelled by Jet2, claimed refund by phone 48 hours before flight and money was in account same day (did say it could take 7 working days). Looking to move June flight which has also been cancelled in to next year.
Wow! You definitely are the lucky one
Old 18-04-2020, 18:24

Jet 2 has come out best in all the reports I have read

The worst hasnt been Ryanair for a change but TUI Very difficult to get hold of as furloughed most of their UK staff their complaints Facebook has been very busy !

Eventually got hold of them re flights to Lanzarote tomorrow and managed to transfer flights to next year Have flights to Palma in June with them but very unlikely so will probably ask for a refund I am still waiting for refund for a flight from Malaga for 25th March from Ryanair but have had several emails saying its coming !
Old 19-04-2020, 16:42

I had flights booked for 21st and 28th march (booked separately) with Easyjet which they cancelled. I received the refund for the 28th March flight within 7 days but I am still waiting for the refund for the 21st ??????????????
Old 20-04-2020, 14:55

What I read online yesterday, we won't be going anywhere, any time soon.70+ (my hubby), and people with underlying health conditions (me), may be advised to self quarantine for 12mths. They'd have to lock us up !
copper and Gp1602 like this.
Old 20-04-2020, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsp View Post
What I read online yesterday, we won't be going anywhere, any time soon.70+ (my hubby), and people with underlying health conditions (me), may be advised to self quarantine for 12mths. They'd have to lock us up !
- ditto - Hmm. I have been known to be one of th'awkard squad. Over the weekend we have booked 11 days at the beginning of October. We will take a view at the end of July when the balance is due and make a decision then whether to cancel and loose our deposit. Or press on and pay in full if things have returned to some semblance of normality.

We want our PP holiday if at all possible and I'm guessing the hotel/restaurant trade etc will need all the help they can muster this year.

Our family have had wonderful holidays in PP over the years. Much of it due to the people of PP who without exception (I can't think of any) have been welcoming and kind to all.

Nuff said - I'm sure you all know what I mean.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:07

Well we should have arrived lunch time yesterday Monday 20th.( Weather better here than in Pollensa)
Great difficulty getting through to British Airways for a refund But found a back door.Phoned Executive traveller dept Nice young man unable to get me a refund but put me in a Queue and had a refund young lady sorted it out in 15 Minutes .
Will probably take 4 weeks to get back to my account but money better in my account than British Airways.June Not looking good at the moment so come on Sparky please get it sorted By September.First time in over 30 Years Myra And Leo
(ex Soly Mar & El Ancla ) Will not be having there Birthday bash on the 24th And 26th of April. Drinks will be taken by Whatsap. Stay safe all, Best wishes from Sunny Ruislip
Jimbo the Jambo and Gp1602 like this.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy&Myra View Post
Well we should have arrived lunch time yesterday Monday 20th.( Weather better here than in Pollensa)
Great difficulty getting through to British Airways for a refund But found a back door.Phoned Executive traveller dept Nice young man unable to get me a refund but put me in a Queue and had a refund young lady sorted it out in 15 Minutes .
Will probably take 4 weeks to get back to my account but money better in my account than British Airways.June Not looking good at the moment so come on Sparky please get it sorted By September.First time in over 30 Years Myra And Leo
(ex Soly Mar & El Ancla ) Will not be having there Birthday bash on the 24th And 26th of April. Drinks will be taken by Whatsap. Stay safe all, Best wishes from Sunny Ruislip
Oh how i wish i could, i feel so sad for everyone who have had holidays cancelled and also for the businesses and workers who are in dire straits .

We must stay strong and look on the bright side...we are alive .
El Gordo, copper and Gp1602 like this.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:39

Applied for refund with Ryanair over 3 weeks ago. Have had several e mails saying sorry for the delay BUT today received an e mail offering a voucher and now having to ring for a refund! We still have to ring BA for our cancelled May flights. We have flights booked through until the end of the year and as we don’t know what is going to happen we do not want to change any of them. We will come back as soon as we can/allowed. We apartment/villa owners still have to Pat our rates etc and worry what state are communities and apartments will be in when we do return. Stay Safe and All Take Care.
Gp1602 likes this.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:41

Sorry Pay not Pat - good old spell checker!
Old 30-05-2020, 10:44

Finally got the refund from Easyjet for our March flights.

For our June flights I applied for a voucher and it came through within minutes
Old 30-05-2020, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Finally got the refund from Easyjet for our March flights.

For our June flights I applied for a voucher and it came through within minutes
Had May package holiday with JET2 cancelled. They said refund would be made before due departure date and it was. Also given discount code for 2021 booking. Brilliant service. Hope to take advantage of our September booking with them but have not paid balance yet, due end June. Will see how it goes, including Government advice. Deposit will be gone!! but not much.
Therefore may or may not be cummings. Sorry!!!
Bekki and Gp1602 like this.
Old 30-05-2020, 14:25

We had our Easter flights cancelled by Easyjet and received our refund confirmation email yesterday, ,easy and hassle free procedure . Take care all.