Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2018, 15:11

Arrived back in UK yesterday afternoon. Jet2 check-in no problem. Security hardly any queue. About 10 minutes to get through passport control. Palma seem to have got their act together
Sponsored Links
Old 26-06-2018, 17:01

Not too bad Sunday morning but we did get there half an hour earlier than normal as it was so bad last year

We arrived on a Thursday morning a couple of weeks ago and the queues were long and it was very hot
Old 26-06-2018, 18:39

We queued for about five minutes when we arrived Sunday morning around eleven.
Old 03-07-2018, 19:02

We arrived last Tuesday and were directed to the new passport machines. There was no queue and there was a member of staff giving directions about how to use the machines. You have to put your passport in the machine, photo page downwards and also place the first finger of your right hand on the fingerprint reader.
Once that part was done, you could then proceed to the exit gates - and there you have to put your index finger on the reader again. All done in less than 5 mins.
Leaving today from Terminal A, there is a large bank of passport reading machines installed, near to where the old passport control used to be. All were 'on' but roped off and not in use yet but I am guessing that they will be in use soon.
The current passport control desks were just to the left of this area, staffed by 4 Spanish/Mallorcan border control staff. Not one glance in my direction as they enjoyed a nice chat amongst themselves but they did scan my passport - well apparently so.
lollipop likes this.
Old 07-07-2018, 17:08

Got to Palma airport yesterday at 12.00pm for our flight home to Heathrow. Went straight through check in in 5 minutes. Security upstairs took less than 5 minutes and we whizzed through passport control.
The airport was virtually deserted. The new machines were really smart and much quicker than the ones when you come back to Luton. The airport seems bigger than last year. All in all a fantastic experience.
LK1960 and Roy&Myra like this.
Old 09-07-2018, 13:47

Hi,

Just wondering...

The new machines that have been installed at Palma Airport - are these the same that can be found in UK airports and only adults/over 16's can use?

Thanks
Old 09-07-2018, 17:18

No, it's a 2 step process with the Spanish machines. First you do the passport/facial bit but you also need to put your finger on a scanner. Then you walk onwards to an exit gate where you need to put the same finger back on a second scanner to be let thru.

I think the minimum age is 12. I know my kids (15 / 18 now) have been using both for a while.
TCUK likes this.
Old 12-07-2018, 19:46

I didn't put my finger on any scanner unless you are talking about coming into Palma?
TCUK likes this.
Old 12-07-2018, 22:46

Zero queues into Palma at 19:00 today. However, the new exit in Terminal A puzzled me and does mean a bit of an extra walk. Nothing too serious though. I get the feeling that passport control at Palma will only get better.
Shaun&Caro likes this.
Old 13-07-2018, 11:41

Departed Palma yesterday - 17.30 - no queues, passport not looked at - new machines still roped off. Noticed new signs in Terminal A - 4 weeks since we arrived and yes arrivals for passport control are in the opposite direction - watched new arrivals(like we would of) striding off to ‘old passport arrivals’ to see them some moments later going in the opposite direction! Looks like you have to go down some stairs - we will find out on our next visit in August.
Old 16-07-2018, 12:22

We left yesterdays and the new machines were in operation with numerous staff on hand to help you operate them. Unfortunately, with young children with us, we didn't get to use them (my in laws did though and had no problems) instead we were directed to family booths which were dead so we sailed straight through.
Old 17-07-2018, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattyIG8 View Post
We left yesterdays and the new machines were in operation with numerous staff on hand to help you operate them. Unfortunately, with young children with us, we didn't get to use them (my in laws did though and had no problems) instead we were directed to family booths which were dead so we sailed straight through.
I was all set to give the new machines a go when leaving on friday. Then the assistant realised that the giant with us was actually my 16 year old nephew and sent us to the family booths.

Looks like a massive improvement though!
Old 17-07-2018, 10:21

Has anyone come into Palma through the new arrivals - passport control - are the queues improved?
Old 17-07-2018, 17:07

Arrived at 7.30 am, Palma Airport. Dropped off case five minutes later. Through security & passport control in 10 minutes. We weren't directed to new machines. Boarded our Ryanair plane early & took off/ arrived on time at Bournemouth.
By far the quickest journey sequence we've had in years.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 17-07-2018, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Has anyone come into Palma through the new arrivals - passport control - are the queues improved?
Coming into Palma they have been using the new machines for a while.

Returning to the UK you still need to see the man in the booth... so far