Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Papillon
  • 1 Post By animagic21
  • 1 Post By Janey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2018, 19:26

Default Flight prices

Okay so we fly out of Bournemouth to Palma every year early September as in 1st this year. Usually fly Thompson or Tui as it is now, so upon checking that flight with them is over £1000 for 2 of us, got the flights with Ryanair for £344 for two of us!!! How does that make sense? Any ideas?? X
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2018, 19:59

Default Flight Prices

Tui is part of a vertically integrated company ie. the holiday arm is integrated with the airline so most of the seats on the aircraft are filled by those travelling on a package. If there is spare capacity on a flight it will advertise the few seats available to fill the flight on that day. If the flight is near empty cheap seats if nearly full the opposite.
RyanAir however are a seat only scheduled airline and will always be able to offer cheap seats to those who book early.
Old 08-05-2018, 20:06

Papillon, thank you so much for reply, get exactly what you're saying, but have used TUI for last eight years and has never, ever been more than £500 for both of us, just really seems major hike in price this year, many thanks again.
Old 12-05-2018, 17:45

Re flight prices Im thinking I got a good deal last November when I booked for 1st September. Return with BA from Heathrow with booked seats total £360 for 2 people. Always worry that I should leave it until nearer the time to get a better deal rather than as soon as they are available.
Old 12-05-2018, 18:53

Hi Catwoman,
I booked our Ryanair flights as soon as I got back last year, I regularly check and what I paid have deffo gone up now. I think it's luck as I always worry if I leave it too late we may not get seats, especially coming out of Bournemouth which is a quite tiny airport. Good luck with flights x
Old 12-05-2018, 18:54

Ps I think 360 is a fab price
Old 12-05-2018, 22:23

We have booked early for the past 3 years always over 8 months from Stanstead or Luton this year for around 450 nicker with whoever is cheapest 2 people ,our sons book within the 3 weeks before & every time they get cheaper flights than us.I t seems the later you leave it the cheaper the flights until one week before then they charge what they like.
Old 13-05-2018, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumberland8 View Post
We have booked early for the past 3 years always over 8 months from Stanstead or Luton this year for around 450 nicker with whoever is cheapest 2 people ,our sons book within the 3 weeks before & every time they get cheaper flights than us.I t seems the later you leave it the cheaper the flights until one week before then they charge what they like.
if you have easyjet plus, you can claim a credit if the prices go down
just a thought!
Old 13-05-2018, 09:43

Default Saturday

It’s always fascinating to see the vast difference in flying from different airports. We travel to Palma from Manchester on 6th July at a total cost of £142 return for the two of us. We always book on the day the flights are released.
Out of interest flight prices are often dictated by hotel change over days. In the past all charter airlines created “traffic jams” at airports because all hotels used the same day. Tenerife was Tuesday and Friday, Arrecife Thursday, Greek Islands Tuesday Wednesday Thursday nights and Palma Saturday. (Very quiet anywhere in Mallorca at lunchtime Saturday)
The problem is that the charter market has been much reduced with the increase in Lo-Cost airlines. Smaller travel companies used to share a charter aircraft to keep prices down however that is no longer the case and most small companies now forward book on the LoCo airlines so reducing the available seats on those changeover days.
Personally I’d rather have my teeth pulled out without anaesthetic than travel to Mallorca on a Saturday but then I understand many sadly have no choice.
Jimbo the Jambo and Tommo like this.
Old 13-05-2018, 16:22

The only problem with claim back is you have to use EasyJet & as we all know they are never the cheapest.
According
to a recent survey between 5-3 weeks beforehand is by far the cheapest but that takes into account all airlines to Majorca so booking early is not the answer.
Old 13-05-2018, 16:55

Bournemouth Ryanair fares often start fairly high, then reduce. We have July flights at £29.99 going & similar returning. Can’t fault them for service either. Tui always double or more plus have had technical problems with plane a few times.
Old 13-05-2018, 17:03

I will try to remember that for next year, always book early and was really pleased with what we paid, however, looks like I should have waited, just as a matter of interest Animal magic when did you book for your July flights?
Old 14-05-2018, 12:00

I think about a month ago. Ryanair did announce a summer sale. Our fee to book seats was half price too. My son is hoping to travel in June & there are some good prices available then too. Feel we are very fortunate, as being retired we can pick & choose & rarely pay over £40 one way.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 14-05-2018, 17:17

Thank you, maybe it's a bit more as we are quite tied to when we can go, but will try to to remember for next year.☺
animagic21 likes this.