Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Delays at Palma Passport Control (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/13398-delays-palma-passport-control.html)

tangofan 17-07-2017 13:14

We travelled back last Monday and went to Gate A and can't recall any electronic machines at all. There were 2 booths, each with 2 people in them and my husband was just waved through but my passport was scanned but that was it and we were the only people about. We also were the only people at the BA check in desk and no queues at security either - they even opened a lane especially for us! However our BA flight was delayed by an hour (and over 2 hours on the way out BA!!!) so you can't have everything!! We feel very lucky compared with all the horror stories of delays on here but it does seem that the authorities are taking immediate action which is very good. You can just imagine in the UK they would probably have to have lots of meetings and possibly open a new government department just to sort this sort of issue out!

emmalou 18-07-2017 11:51

Long queues arriving at Palma this morning. But anyone with children under 18 got fast tracked, as my daughter is 16 we got through very quickly but did feel guilty passing everyone else.

PP76 18-07-2017 20:49

Just arrived home, tonight passport control was only 15 minutes.

ChrisW 19-07-2017 09:13

Anyone come through into Majorca today?

Given how late Easyjet can be and the possible delay, i dread my potential wait to pick up my daughter this eve. :(

Disorderly 19-07-2017 17:43

I must say that as we are travelling back to Liverpool this Saturday as a group of 6 plus a 5 month old baby the stories about passport control have been very worrying. We have to fuel and drop off 2 hire cars and then deal with the great unknown of how long it will take to get to (miss!) the easyJet flight.

We've been coming here since 1994 every year and I've never heard anything like it. Palma airport should hang its head in shame.

Sparky 19-07-2017 18:57

I think it may not just be Palma, i read on FB that someone had similar delays i Paris last weekend.

allanglens 19-07-2017 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 119305)
I think it may not just be Palma, i read on FB that someone had similar delays i Paris last weekend.

I think it's all over - both arriving and departing. No problems at all going from Glasgow to Menorca; or departing from Menorca - but horrendous queues at Glasgow passport control. This was late June.

Teacu 19-07-2017 23:36

Thank heavens we're leaving the EU (light blue touch paper and stand back)..

Sparky 20-07-2017 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teacu (Post 119307)
Thank heavens we're leaving the EU (light blue touch paper and stand back)..

I don't think it will make any difference, here is a quote from the MDB report :-

Quote:

This involves much stricter physical passport controls for non-European Union and Schengen residents, such as the British.

endhouse 20-07-2017 06:50

Not sure I agree that the delays are not connected to Brexit - ask the residents of Gibraltar what they think about border delays by Spanish immigration.

ChrisW 20-07-2017 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisW (Post 119298)
Anyone come through into Majorca today?

Given how late Easyjet can be and the possible delay, i dread my potential wait to pick up my daughter this eve. :(

She was waved straight through like in the good old days! Phew!!!

But we have friends arriving at about 11 ish today, so let's hope.

alcanadakid 20-07-2017 08:35

Yesterday was fine arriving. No queue at all

copper 20-07-2017 08:50

Publicity is the best thing

When we were wilting in the queue to leave lots of people were taking pics of the queues which though we waited 45 mins to leave the queues behind us were getting worse

Have seen a lot of pics like this published I think although check in was a bit slow security was quick and this came as a shock and as we know it well we decided not to have a coffee and get some water until in Gate A area if we had stopped I doubt if we would have been on our flight !

pips 22-07-2017 07:04

Daughter came through yesterday, they were back to their old ways, waved her through didn't even look at her. Hope it's like that next Saturday night for us.

Sparky 22-07-2017 10:14

There is an update here :- https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...t-control.html.