Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Ryanair flies Newcastle to Palma 2017 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/12945-ryanair-flies-newcastle-palma-2017-a.html)

pollensa 19-07-2016 11:27

Ryanair flies Newcastle to Palma 2017

Have just read on local press that Ryanair are flying from Newcastle to Palma next year. Looking on the Ryanair website, there are flights from end March 2017.

Bekki 19-07-2016 13:17

This sounds great as prices can often be high from Newcastle. Easyjet and Jet2seem to have a strong hold so healthy competition can only be a good thing.:)

arturo22 19-07-2016 16:11

cant see any flights in March

El Gordo 19-07-2016 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 113443)
Have just read on local press that Ryanair are flying from Newcastle to Palma next year. Looking on the Ryanair website, there are flights from end March 2017.

So that's three carriers, EasyJet, Jet2 and Ryanair!! covering the summer. :cool:
But....What's needed is a carrier who is willing to cover November to March. :rolleyes:

Hamcas 24-07-2016 14:55

Totally agree El Gordo, its about time an airline made the decision to give it ago with winter flights from Newcastle, I think they might be pleasantly surprised with the demand.

P&C@29 25-07-2016 08:39

Just checked Ryanair prices for NCL to PMI March/ April and £50 dearer than Jet2 also flights 6.55 am but Jet2 9.35 am Jet2 gets my vote!

pine.man 01-08-2016 00:46

Hi
Good news that Ryanair are starting flights, It looks as though they need to sort there prices out, We have been flying over from Newcastle with Thomsons , if you get the right dates there prices have been good for me and my wife,
Yes I agree we need some winter flights, I think the closest air port is Liverpool to get to Palma in the winter.
Does any of you live Nr Newcastle,? and own apartments or Villas, especially Can Singala area,??? I live in Haltwhistle not the greatest of places but it is the centre of Britain,
Barrie

Diver Val 01-08-2016 07:52

Winter flights from Newcastle

We are from near Newcastle airport, so you can imagine the frustration having to go from Liverpool with an overnight stay beforehand. Bring on winter flights, even if it's once a week! and we will use them, I'm sure there will be sufficient passengers to fill them.

Maursey 01-08-2016 10:00

Newcastle is our nearest airport too.We would certainly welcome winter flights. As I only get 20 days holiday per year I need to use them wisely so overnight stays either side of a holiday are not an option at the moment. Retiring next year though which will mean more time to spend in PP. Bring it on.:)

sunnyboy 01-08-2016 20:19

Just to put a different perspective on the winter flight debate, my wife and I live here and she works the season. She is also Scottish and obviously wants to visit her family in the winter months. For the past few years we have accepted the fact that when flying to Glasgow/Edinburgh we have to get a connecting flight although this winter will be different thanks to Ryanair. Also, if we decide to go on holiday elsewhere in the world we know that we have to go via a main European hub and invariably will involve an overnight stay.It's the way it is and it's not a great hardship when you want to be somewhere you enjoy.

pine.man 01-08-2016 23:51

Hi sunnyboy
I see what you are saying,it is OK if you don't mind over night stays, it is just when you live so close to a airport that dose go to Palma, just not in the winter,
You say( flight although this winter will be different thanks to Ryanair), what do you mean,?
I think there is a demand for Newcastle. we tried to do connecting flights from Newcastle but found them to be full on the winter dates we needed, but really cannot afford to lose 2 days traveling,
Dose any one know if the Liverpool flights are full over the winter, if they are, it would show the demand is there,