Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By Harters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-2016, 13:35

Default Jet 2 prices for May 2017

Ouch - I have just done a test flight booking on J2 for next May before we book our accommodation. The cost for 2 people including seat selection (£48) is £737
Sponsored Links
Old 21-06-2016, 13:58

Question

I just did the same , (at your prompting), but the cost out of Belfast for 2 of us is only £387 (without seats) - you're not including Half Term Bank Holiday by any chance are you???
Old 21-06-2016, 18:34

Problem is our accommodation is only available on particular dates - near the end of May/early June - so half term could affect prices. I will check again with different dates - thanks May have to change our accommodation - which we love
Old 21-06-2016, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Ouch - I have just done a test flight booking on J2 for next May before we book our accommodation. The cost for 2 people including seat selection (£48) is £737
eek indeed! Is this from Leeds/Bradford?
Old 21-06-2016, 20:39

Lateral thinking required......Use Skyscanner to easily search prices from different airports/days.

Like you, but booking for this August, we found flights from Northwest and Leed Bradford airports to be extortionate.

Edinburgh though, for the same dates, was a third of the price. Reason - school holidays end a couple of weeks before the English schools.

By the time we actually booked the difference was down to around 50%, but still worth the drive up to Edinburgh.

An overnight in the Premier Inn (which we would also use for an early flight from LeedsBradford) allows for a quick look round Edinburgh on the day before the flight.

Small grandson is happy with this because 'It's another capital city I've been to!' I didn't know he was counting....
Old 22-06-2016, 05:32

Last year and this year after comparisons we actually flew from Manchester including park and fly hotel for not a lot more. Edinburgh is an interestiing idea. Also jet2 seems to be only airline with prices for next May. And,yes, our dates are around half term. Have just looked at flights a week later and they are cheaper but still over £550. Thanks for your advice.
Old 22-06-2016, 09:31

It's so funny to hear people saying that Edinburgh is cheaper and worth the drive north. We live almost midway between Edinburgh and Glasgow and most times we travel south to get better prices........Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool and even flew to Birmingham one year, had an overnight and left from there. That was a package and it was still cheaper for us to do that. We have been governed by Scottish school holidays mind you
Old 22-06-2016, 11:10

Smile

Hi Rosie

Yes we all suffer if we live outside London. However, if you can amend your dates, and are prepared to have a cheap hotel overnighter in London, then you can actually fly from Gatwick for £123.40 return for both of you (not each, but both of you). If you want, pm me for details.
Old 22-06-2016, 18:19

We are also constrained by school holidays due to Mrs P's employment (no children of school age these days) and like Rosie 34 have used Jet2 - a supposedly cheap airline along with many others - who really do take advantage of term time holidays to up their price sometimes three fold compared to weeks either side of school hols. Last year we were quoted £936 for two (including the usual ins., meals, seat bookings, luggage, boarding passes, etc.) which is pretty dammed expensive for a return flight to Palma from L.B.A. (Leeds). Unfortunately we just have to put it down to supply and demand but it does make things somewhat expensive, especially when one has no choice - other than not to go to PP at all. Don't really like to think about that!!!
Old 22-06-2016, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Hi Rosie

Yes we all suffer if we live outside London. However, if you can amend your dates, and are prepared to have a cheap hotel overnighter in London, then you can actually fly from Gatwick for £123.40 return for both of you (not each, but both of you). If you want, pm me for details.
Thanks Tangoman - I've done a bit of Norwegian Gatwick flight research and although the dates I want are not yet shown, the flight times are very unsociable - 0.25am return! But Monarch from Gatwick look as if they might be ok so when our dates are up with them, I'll check again. They proved cheaper than J2 the last couple of years when we have flown with them from Manchester. Just wonder how the outcome of the Europe referendum will affect fares - if at all
Old 30-06-2016, 18:34

Good result - just got email from Monarch re next years flights and have booked with them including all extras etc for £427 from Manchester. Even including the hotel overnight plus parking its a heck of a lot less than J2 LBA. I tried J2 flights again but even before I had got to the hold luggage - it was over £400. I'm a happy bunny
Tangoman likes this.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:19

As others have suggested, being flexible is the key. Earlier this year, we couldnt get an acceptably timed flight from Manchester, or any localish airport, on the Saturday. Booked the flight for the Friday and spent the extra night in the Illa d'Or. Still wasnt cheap, but the flight times were much better for us - we simply won't travel if the flight involves having to get up in the middle of the night to get to the airport.
Rosie34 likes this.