Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Easyjet 2016/2017 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/12741-easyjet-2016-2017-a.html)

sws97sdg 01-11-2016 10:19

Any update when the next block of flights including September 2017 will be released?

MPH133 01-11-2016 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 115317)
Any update when the next block of flights including September 2017 will be released?

Summer 2017 Flights On Sale Thursday 3 November

sws97sdg 01-11-2016 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPH133 (Post 115320)
Summer 2017 Flights On Sale Thursday 3 November

Brilliant, thanks

Flights booked for June, middle two weeks, £400 for two with no luggage but most expensive seats and speedy boarding, great price, a bit up on last year but not much

debz1 01-11-2016 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 115322)
Brilliant, thanks

Flights booked for June, middle two weeks, £400 for two with no luggage but most expensive seats and speedy boarding, great price, a bit up on last year but not much

Now that Easyjet have the choice of purchasing a specific seat is there any point in speedy boarding? This isn't a pertinent question it's just that I don't understand what you get for the extra £15 (?) per person each way. If you have young children or a disability you are automatically boarded first anyway, so what is the benefit otherwise now there isn't the mad scramble to get on board to get a seat as in the 'old days'?

sws97sdg 01-11-2016 12:49

Actually its the same thing, if you pay for the seats you are SB, but you do still need to get on first if you can or else with hand luggage all the spaces may have gone and the case may be miles down the back!!
We are paying for hold bags in January so we will not have to rush for once!

debz1 01-11-2016 15:38

I didn't realise speedy boarding was included when you purchased chosen seats. We just take their allocated seats and never have a problem getting two together or overhead space , although I can imagine in the height of the season or when travelling in a larger group it would be advisable to purchase seats.

CathB 01-11-2016 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 115332)
I didn't realise speedy boarding was included when you purchased chosen seats. We just take their allocated seats and never have a problem getting two together or overhead space , although I can imagine in the height of the season or when travelling in a larger group it would be advisable to purchase seats.

Speedy boarding is applied when you have paid for extra legroom seats ( front row and wing seats ) think it also covers the first 3or 4 rows as there is also an additional premium for those too...it does not apply to the other seats

sws97sdg 03-11-2016 09:42

Summer flights on sale now!!!
just got two returns with seating only paid, £367, less then June :):):):):)

Tangoman 03-11-2016 10:09

Yes, good isn't it? I managed to logon early and got the flights I wanted, at the times I wanted. Also, saved over £190.00 as well, for both of us!

Just noticed that they have gone up in Price by £20 since my booking.:)

Disorderly 03-11-2016 17:19

Booked July flights this morning before 7-00am and half an hour later they had gone up by £64 each. Pays to have a lovely wife who is prepared to get up early!! LOL

JUST TWO DAYS UNTIL OUR NEXT VISIT!!!

Kathy Seloc 03-11-2016 17:38

Hold Luggage prices on easyjet

got up early to book flights online for July and September, I thought the prices looked ok but then found that they are charging £91 to put 1 case in the hold, so £45.50 each way which works out more than they are charging for us sitting in the airplane cabin

I had to call Easyjet as I had one of those Vouchers from earlier this year which I claimed due to a price reduction and was planning top use that towards luggage for one of the trips and they told me that they are charging different prices for hold luggage dependent on destination which all seems a bit unfair

On my flight in May the hold luggage is £42 return so what an increase, I guess they are trying to make the money back where they can

I have always rated easyjet, but feel this is not very customer friendly

cumberland8 03-11-2016 19:26

Tried to book this morning to find that they are £500 more than than nearest, what a scam.Totally lost faith with Easyjet.:mad:

tangofan 03-11-2016 21:29

I have just booked 2 seats on BA from London City for end June/early July for £420 including 23kg of luggage and 23 kg hand luggage plus my handbag! Reserve seat the day before so all good except no free food and wine any more! A lot more civilised than EasyJet, no worries about trying to grab a seat, paying a ridiculous amount to take a suitcase etc and no trailing around the M25 to Gatwick! We are very lucky to be able to use City airport.

debz1 03-11-2016 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy Seloc (Post 115395)
got up early to book flights online for July and September, I thought the prices looked ok but then found that they are charging £91 to put 1 case in the hold, so £45.50 each way which works out more than they are charging for us sitting in the airplane cabin

I had to call Easyjet as I had one of those Vouchers from earlier this year which I claimed due to a price reduction and was planning top use that towards luggage for one of the trips and they told me that they are charging different prices for hold luggage dependent on destination which all seems a bit unfair

On my flight in May the hold luggage is £42 return so what an increase, I guess they are trying to make the money back where they can

I have always rated easyjet, but feel this is not very customer friendly

l

We also got up early to book our son and his family's flights for July...actually I didn't but hubby did! The hold luggage was £52 return per case so £91 seems very expensive :eek:

manda 04-11-2016 09:37

Personally I think easy jet are getting an expensive option during the summer. We normally go June and stay in the Daina for 10 days, booking independently. This time on looking it was much cheaper to book a full package with Jet2 from Stansted for exactly the same room, flight and transfer. Big bonus is no extra costs for hold luggage and hire car needed. Doing this way saved almost £300 from booking individual items as we normally do. Could it be airlines are wanting people to book packages through them rather than just flights???