Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Jet2 winter flights (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/12474-jet2-winter-flights.html)

ragdollabbi 19-10-2015 09:20

Possibly if the prices were a bit cheaper though, more people would travel.......£529 for flights in April (for a few days) is just not what I would want to pay:eek:

meg1973 19-10-2015 11:50

the only real way is ryan air to stansted from edinburgh or glasgow then stansted to palma and back again iv looked at it for two of us in january with 4 flights £400

meg1973 19-10-2015 16:28

jet 2 have march flights from edinburgh wednesdays and sundays , but no feb flights
i have spoken to a jet2 representative and they are not aware of feb flights happening

its cd 20-10-2015 08:57

Often cheaper to fly to somewhere like Barcelona and then on to Palma rather than go via a south of England airport - I am assuming there are flights from Scotland to Barcelona or Madrid

Flights from barca to Palma are pleantiful and cheap as chips

Also nice outside area in airport where you can get a meal whilst waiting for your flight

scotslizzy 05-11-2015 07:54

Jet2 from Glasgow

We booked our flights from Glasgow to Palma 17th June 2016 for £611 (Gulp)

I came across flight costs for this years June flight 21st June cost £461.00 !That' s a huge % increase.

Is this because of the issues in other parts of the Med i.e Tunisia and perhaps some Greek Islands not attracting the same level of travel for 2016?

No matter we were thinking of joining the family for next October school week but at these prices no way. Our family are having to drive down to Manchester and Newcastle for the October school week to be able to afford their holidays.

Getting really bad.

Scotslizzy

Rosie34 05-11-2015 10:16

Thats what I found when booking next May/June flights - J2 quoted nearly £700 for 2 people from LBA:eek: I have now booked with Monarch from Manchester and it is less even including an overnight hotel stay with parking - but even so all the prices seem to be grossly inflated compared with a couple of years ago.

Nick 05-11-2015 10:34

I think you're right. Greedy airlines taking advantage of troubles in tourist hotspots such as North Africa and now Turkey and the Greek Islands they have us over a barrel. They can charge what they want as other favourable destinations become limited in appeal. It's all about supply and demand. I have read recently though that there are one or two new low cost airlines appearing. More competition is exactly what's needed.

joey36 05-11-2015 11:26

Low cost airlines ??????

sws97sdg 05-11-2015 11:41

I am paying £260 for two return with extra legroom seats in June from Gatwick with Easyjet which is exactly the same as it cost us last year in June!

ragdollabbi 05-11-2015 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 107413)
We booked our flights from Glasgow to Palma 17th June 2016 for £611 (Gulp)

I came across flight costs for this years June flight 21st June cost £461.00 !That' s a huge % increase.

Is this because of the issues in other parts of the Med i.e Tunisia and perhaps some Greek Islands not attracting the same level of travel for 2016?

No matter we were thinking of joining the family for next October school week but at these prices no way. Our family are having to drive down to Manchester and Newcastle for the October school week to be able to afford their holidays.

Getting really bad.

Scotslizzy

We have gone from Liverpool for the past two years in October. I wouldn't pay the hugely inflated prices to travel from Edinburgh or Glasgow:eek: A number of years back Newcastle was our favoured airport but flights from there are not much cheaper now either. A wee overnight at Liverpool before departure and a flight arriving back in around lunchtime gives us ample time to travel home:)

sws97sdg 05-11-2015 12:09

I looked at flights from Glasgow to Gatwick next June £70 return per person with Easyjet!

Rosie34 05-11-2015 12:32

No Easyjet flights showing from LBA to Palma - just thought I'd check although already booked for next year

manda 05-11-2015 14:59

Feel sorry for the guys up north, prices seem really high. Just booked on Easyjet Luton to Palma in April (normally go from Stansted), wine festival weekend ☺, and cost for 2 return was £110. Early Friday flight out back on Wednesday. Might be worthwhile looking at going via Luton as it seems less busy than other London airports.